PDA

View Full Version : Help a retard get installed

LronTheServerLegend
01-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I have titanium installed and extracted the files and made an account but when I try to launch from my titanium directory I get an error that says "The program cant start because DSETUP.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix your problem."

Its launching eqgame.exe which is wrong I think from what ive read. Any ideas?

LronTheServerLegend
01-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Im running windows 8, if that helps at all.

Big_Japan
01-12-2015, 08:40 PM
did zero research on this since sounds like google could prolly solve it for you

but directx installed?

LronTheServerLegend
01-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Im googling like a mad man over here big japan. I don't think I have installed direct x, didn't read anywhere that I had to. Think that might fix the problem?

Big_Japan
01-12-2015, 08:44 PM
yea i googled the name of the dll and first result mentions it as a directx component

Whiteberry
01-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Dsetup.DLL is p99's anti hack. What AV do you have? It prolly got popped by it. A lot of AV's label it as a virus.

Whiteberry
01-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Add an exclusion to your AV for your P99 directory then repatch. Should be gtg

LronTheServerLegend
01-12-2015, 09:17 PM
I use Mcaffee. I have no idea how to add an exclusion...im computer illiterate, will try to find out. Thanks everyone for the help so far btw.

Dillian
01-12-2015, 09:30 PM
I use Mcaffee. I have no idea how to add an exclusion...im computer illiterate, will try to find out. Thanks everyone for the help so far btw.

just get rid of mcaffee. nothing but trouble anyways. If you really want a AV use avg

Whiteberry
01-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes Macfee flags/ ninja deletes dsetup.DLL and Google / ask someone on the exclusions part. It varies on your OS / Version of Macfee. And no Avast is the best free AV. Or get a recommendation license and get Avast Internet Security

LronTheServerLegend
01-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Ok, I made an exception for dsetup.dll in mcafee and that worked to get me to where I enter my account name and password, but now I am stuck at "logging in please wait." Helps

harnold
01-12-2015, 10:42 PM
1-install titanium
2-download and extract the p99 patch to the directory
3- create shortcut to eqgame by right clicking on eqgame.exe and hitting create shortcut
4- right click on shortcut, add the parameters "patchme" and "/affinity 1" to the end of the target line

example (mine looks like this):

"C:\Games\MMO\Everquest\P99\eqgame.exe patchme /affinity 1"

affinity 1 is to run the game on one processor core, which fixes a variety of issues that could arise from running on multiple cores

Whiteberry
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Ok, I made an exception for dsetup.dll in mcafee and that worked to get me to where I enter my account name and password, but now I am stuck at "logging in please wait." Helps

ISP and or firewall / router issue it sounds like.

GeorgeCostanza
01-13-2015, 09:26 PM
1-install titanium
3- create shortcut to eqgame by right clicking on eqgame.exe and hitting create shortcut
4- right click on shortcut, add the parameters "patchme" and "/affinity 1" to the end of the target line

affinity 1 is to run the game on one processor core, which fixes a variety of issues that could arise from running on multiple cores

holy Christ Harnold, I've been playing this game in intermittent slow-mo for months. Also, on my character select screen the character animations often run in suuuuper slow-mo. Cant wait to try this option out when i get back home

LronTheServerLegend
01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
1-install titanium

Did this and still stuck on "logging in to the server please wait."

LronTheServerLegend
01-14-2015, 11:00 PM
ISP and or firewall / router issue it sounds like.

Not a firewall issue cause I turn it off when I try to run EQ. Not sure how I would see if it is a router or ISP issue, ill try to google my way through it to see if I can find any evidence of either being the problem, thanks again white.

LronTheServerLegend
01-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Ok im getting closer I think lol.

I did this; "Lastly, please be sure your eqhost.txt file (located in your everquest folder) has the following in it (and ONLY this, you can edit it using notepad):

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998"

And now I am getting "DB error invalid password"

LronTheServerLegend
01-14-2015, 11:31 PM
At character select screen I get a "your spell file is outdated" even though I have the files saved into my correct folder....

AtlasMinor
01-15-2015, 01:55 AM
At character select screen I get a "your spell file is outdated" even though I have the files saved into my correct folder....

Heres a picture of the only files you should ever have to update to run/play on project99

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/jackbox1234/WHATTOCHANGE.png (http://s197.photobucket.com/user/jackbox1234/media/WHATTOCHANGE.png.html)

The 2 default folders at the bottom are needed you can download them from this website.

Be sure to also download the default UI changes, and update the new default folder BEFORE patching the latest patch on main page. Everything overwrites everything so you will want to do this in order

Make new default Folder
Update default folder with default UI changes
Patch latest P99 patch

Whats found in the patch is the 2 RAR files i have open , i have taken the time to outlines the spell files the error message is telling you about. These would be the spell files found in the patch.

Either you have done something out of order, or didnt know about the ui changes.

Hope this helps.