PDA

View Full Version : Target HP Not Updating

mangobob
01-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Anyone else experiencing issues with your targets HP not changing as its damaged? I'm fighting in Ferrott and I'll kill a guard without seeing his HP drop one tick. Anyone else having this issue?

Swish
01-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Have you tried pressing escape and retargeting?

Clark
01-11-2015, 02:55 AM
Have you tried pressing escape and retargeting?

Of course, but it's still something that should be fixed is whack!

mangobob
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Any word from a GM or Dev?

Feathers
01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Maybe a distance thing? I've noticed that if the mob gets too far away the hp bar won't update, even though dots are ticking any my pet is whacking at it.

Ravager
01-11-2015, 08:31 PM
This happens when you use a /target macro on one target and then click on another target. The target you click on will not update HP. Hitting escape and retargeting fixes this. If I had to guess you're using a macro to target yourself when you use racial hide to see if it was successful.

mangobob
01-11-2015, 08:43 PM
This happens when you use a /target macro on one target and then click on another target. The target you click on will not update HP. Hitting escape and retargeting fixes this. If I had to guess you're using a macro to target yourself when you use racial hide to see if it was successful.

I'm standing ontop of the mob and I used tab targeting. No macro though. I also am noticing an issue with my attack button on my charmed pet doesn't always work. It just does nothing, I end up having to engage the pet at times by getting hit by the target.

myriverse
01-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Are you positive you're targeting the right mob?

Suwu
01-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Was happening to me on Red a couple weeks ago, seemed like bad routing to the server box or something. It was only happening during primetime.

Where do you live?

Ps. I have a 100meg fiber down

Suwu
01-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Another note, i did not reinstall the problem just fixed itself after a couple days.

Danne
01-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Never experienced this on P1999 but I did on live. Sounds like a classic feature to me!

maskedmelon
01-12-2015, 10:52 AM
I have encountered this, but retargetting does not help. Not helpful, I know, but affirmation that it affects at least more than you (and the handful of other people who have already responded)!

Suwu
01-12-2015, 11:14 AM
I have encountered this, but retargetting does not help. Not helpful, I know, but affirmation that it affects at least more than you (and the handful of other people who have already responded)!

Retargetting did not work for me.

I remember there are character profiles i deleted in the EQ folder that might fix it if you have been using a non default UI.

mangobob
01-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Retargetting did not work for me.

I remember there are character profiles i deleted in the EQ folder that might fix it if you have been using a non default UI.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this. I'm using duxa's UI. I did switch back to the default UI in game and it didn't help.

I was targeting the right mob, this thought crossed my mind since I use tab targeting. I went back to mouse click targeting and confirmed.

It also seems that if I target the mob and the HPs aren't updating, then I can't tell my pet to attack it. It's like it displays the targets name but fails to make it my actual target in a programming sense.

Bboboo
01-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Mob HP having a delay in updating when you target them is something I remember from Live back in the day.

If it's not updating at all, bug report forum.