PDA

View Full Version : Booted from Server Select to Login Screen

VandalLuke
01-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Downloaded a Fresh EQ Titanium

Unzipped v36 into folder

Created Loginserver Account and linked it.

When I select the 1999(1) server and click login, I get booted back to the Account Login Screen. Is there anything I need to update? Something I'm doing wrong?

Zircon
01-11-2015, 05:10 PM
I have a friend using windows 8 who has the same problem. Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but here's some things we tried.

A completely fresh titanium install, deleted the 5 files as instructed (for loading into certain zones fix), copied the patch files. Ran launch titanium.bat, when he tries to hit play everquest it sends him back to login screen.

I tried having him use the Lavashoft software to hopefully fix a CPU affinity issue which I read in other forums. Tried setting EQgame.exe to all different types of compatibility modes (Win 7, Win XP SP3), no dice.

No matter what we've tried I can't get him past server select screen to character creation.

VandalLuke
01-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Anybody have this issue before?

Zircon
01-12-2015, 04:01 AM
For testing purposes I verified his account works. He tried mine which we know works, no success.

We've ruled out loginserver account issues, other users work with Windows 8 without issues. Looking at his \logs\dbg.txt it seems like a network connection to the server is established, but then suddenly closes without any bytes transferred, which suggests possibly a network issue. Perhaps his IP is blocked accidentally? Which would really surprise me, I had him disable his firewall and all antivirus he had running, but still no success. I had him use my eqclient.ini files to see if it was a fullscreen/windowed mode problem, no dice. But these are all things you can try.

Zircon
01-13-2015, 03:54 AM
Further efforts, I took a wireshark from my machine filtered for the IP: 66.55.145.2 (which works) and compared to his machine, and the wireshark is pretty much identical. Theres an exchange of UDP packets and nothing looks abnormal on his machine. Tried updating his AMD drivers, tried disabling 3d setting in NVidia Control Panel for everquest, tried launching his client through EQEmu, tried having him VPN through my internet connection (I'm a network engineer), none of these things got his client to get past server select (booted to login).

:(

Nerocon
02-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Probably unrelated to your issue since you have already done so much digging but I had the exact same symptom and found when I created my shortcut to eqgame.exe I had accidentally targeted the network source I transferred the copy of titanium from instead of the freshly transferred local copy. Just figured I would post it here since it was the same symptom.