PDA

View Full Version : Varying Variance

Foggon
01-08-2015, 04:48 PM
So before my last thread got hijacked there was actually some good feedback about the idea of a randomized spawn point for outdoor dragons.

It would be a different way to compete for a mob. Mages get plenty of glory with Trakanon, VS, Phinny and every dungeon mob in Norrath. Poor Rangers get shit on from level one. Lets give them a little purpose by randomizing these outdoor dragon's spawn points.

Also I can't help but agree with everyone on red scoffing our 2 day window. 16 hours is very excessive, and 2+/- is enough to accomplish the goal of having variance yet short enough to encourage(enable) races between the R guilds on probably all of these outdoor dragons as they pop FFA. I raised a ranger to one day track the green monster, unfortunately not knowing every merb was nothing more than a coth race, or a 3 month wait.

-------------------------------------------

Also something like this wouldn't effect the precious Trakanon and his coveted teeth. Most guilds don't have the force to have two mages coth two mages, then have all those mages coth down a 4 man team to engage.

And if you do have this force you deserve to raid VP, Hazzah!! These changes would not cut away from the teeth C guilds deserve.

I shudder at the thought of trying to beat a computer program that casts coth the millisecond a mob spawns.. But randomizing outdoor spawn points and making a more reasonable variance I can easily see guilds like Asgard, Azure, Divinity and Taken each with a viable raid force all fishing off of ogre island in TD with two rangers, or two bard, or a ranger and a bard, or a ranger and a mage, or a mage and a bard(oh look, variance) or whatever the leadership thought would make a good team.. scouring the sea for four(not sixteen) hours looking for an FTE on Faydedar.

khanable
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't even know what you're proposing

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/LastAcidicChevrotain.gif

Foggon
01-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't even know what you're proposing

That was a little much huh.. This is all I am proposing..

-Randomized spawn locations for Faydedar, Severilous, Taldenor, and Gorenaire (maybe Dracoliche?)

-Variance changed from 8+/- to 2+/-

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 05:54 PM
change respawn time to 1 minute all on raid targets. eventually people will get bored of killing mobs and switch to red to kill players. problem solved.

khanable
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
It wasn't that it was much, it just didn't have a clear list and the title didn't really match the paragraphs. Anyway:

-not classic
-closer to classic, ideally +/- 0

Foggon
01-08-2015, 05:56 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/LastAcidicChevrotain.gif

Haha I saw this on the other post and shamefully participated in something similar recently. But it was kind of fun,

Foggon
01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
It wasn't that it was much, it just didn't have a clear list and the title didn't really match the paragraphs. Anyway:

-not classic
-closer to classic, ideally +/- 0

Coth ducking not classic, and 10+ guilds with huge raid forces and all top-end gear not classic either. We need to do something to level the playing field here.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Remove or reduce to +/- 30min Variance

Create Rule that says you may not have more than 2-3 players in zone when mob spawns.

Keep the no camping or binding at spawns rule

And sure, randomize spawn location for outdoor Kunark Dragons if you want

^ Then we are on to something.

Ella`Ella
01-08-2015, 06:13 PM
remove variance - all guilds start at WC spire.

Race.

Foggon
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Race.

All guilds start in the arena with the door locked for 10 minutes

Walth
01-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Race.

That sounds fun ::thumbsup::

khanable
01-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Race.

+1

Ravager
01-08-2015, 06:25 PM
All raid mobs 12 hour spawns with no variance. EconomyQuest is a shit game anyway.

Samoht
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM
change respawn time to 1 minute all on raid targets. eventually people will get bored of killing mobs and switch to red to kill players. problem solved.

unfamiliar with TMO and their raid policies, are you?

TMO raid policy would dictate that they continue to lock down every single spawn in existence to the detriment of their personal health and the longevity of the server.

pixel lust is never satiated.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 07:56 PM
All guilds start in the arena with the door locked for 10 minutes

Lets just spawn all bosses in Arena in stages.

Nagafen + Vox to start
CT/Draco + Inny/Maestro next
Gore + Tal + Sev + Fay next
VS + Trak next
VP 6 next

All bosses gain an infinite range single target unresistable root (stop yo kiting).

Argh
01-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Experience may vary.

Raev
01-08-2015, 08:15 PM

Race.

Yeah. I would love to add this to repops too; I think I posted something like this at one point.

August
01-08-2015, 08:57 PM
The best solution to this problem is tokens that spawn the mobs. It's been said before. I know it's not classic. Neither is this server and it's elongated timeline, complete knowledge of zones/spells/strategies, and the fact that a lot of people who would raid / play this server can only log in from 6 PM - 10 PM due to you know, having a job, family, etc.

Make tokens achievable via turning in drop-able items. flush out the economy from drop-able to no drop, get us into a healthy spot again. I haven't raided a single time in 4 years because I can't commit to a variance time schedule.

Herp
01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I think people were "eh okay" with current system because they expected a Velious launch or announcement to be made by now and we all know Velious solves a lot of the issues we have at the moment. But that isnt the case.

Removing variance will just turn each mob into a Noble shitfest (except worse, because most guilds dont care about Noble) with 5 guilds and 150+ people, that sounds awful. But 16 hour windows is too taxing. The windows need to be shortened massively but not too short to the point that its causing more harm and more pooping than it is solving the issues. 2 people pooping 16 hours is better than 150 people pooping a 30 minute-3 hour window that some are proposing.

Cut windows in half till Velious if we are going to keep the FFA/C/R cycle.

Starting at WC spires sounds god awful.

Changing spawn locations will just require ranger trackers instead of face.

khanable
01-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Removing variance will just turn each mob into a Noble shitfest (except worse, because most guilds dont care about Noble) with 5 guilds and 150+ people, that sounds awful.

Not quite. Each guild is still only allowed two trackers that are not able to achieve FTE. So it'll be 150 people standing by the zoneline.

Which is more or less what occurs once a mob pops anyway.

Herp
01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Not quite. Each guild is still only allowed two trackers that are not able to achieve FTE. So it'll be 150 people standing by the zoneline.
Which is more or less what occurs once a mob pops anyway.

So instead of IB+TMO and the occasional Taken, it'll now be 5-8 guilds all clusterfucked at a zoneline each with a dozen bards ready to rush out for FTE. Sounds awful to me.