PDA

View Full Version : Curious about raiding

robisatsea
01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Do guilds work together on some raids? It just seems like raiding would be much more fun than bumping around Crushbone on some alt, even if you know your not getting any loot.

Ele
01-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Yes, some guilds work together or have alliances for raiding planes and/or boss mobs.

Argh
01-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Any Class-R guild raids everything outside of VP. Sometimes, multiple guilds will work in cooperation for R or FFA targets.

Daldaen
01-07-2015, 06:14 PM
I think you will see even more cooperating in Velious when mobs have more than 32k HP. But currently some guilds do team up to kill things.

zanderklocke
01-07-2015, 06:18 PM
In Velious, all guilds plan to merge into one super guild and all loot will be /random 1000.

Daldaen
01-07-2015, 06:19 PM
In Velious, all guilds plan to merge into one super guild and all loot will be /random 1000.

This already exists. It's called Bregan D'Aerth.

Trollolololololol.

Ravager
01-07-2015, 06:31 PM

Trollolololololol.

Get your facts straight. Guilds split from BDA, not merge.

Juevento
01-07-2015, 06:32 PM
BDA is all guilds excepting the 50 Taken that wiped to CT the other night.

sox7d
01-07-2015, 06:42 PM
i remember when bregan was created by a 15 year old 30 druid who wanted to try and raid runnyeye.

Danth
01-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Wasn't BDA originally a forum guild from another classic project, or something like that? I remember folks with that guild tag posting on a different forum before P1999 even opened.

I believe some guilds work together; as I understand it's mostly class "R" guilds helping each other out with off-hours kills.

Danth

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-07-2015, 06:53 PM
BDA been around since live days on CT. I remember that.

sox7d
01-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Bregan D'Aerthe (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bregan_D%27aerthe) is the dark elf clan of Drizzt or some shit from a very popular Dungeons and Dragons world book series. Guilds named Bregan D'Aerthe have probably popped up as many times as characters named "Xsephirrothx."

I was one of the original members of Bregan on this server. The founder was literally an extremely annoying 15 year old halfling druid that tried to get a bunch of lvl 20-40s to raid Runnyeye and iirc he was lvl 35 for fucking ever. There was a half-elf paladin and a wizard (sanluen, I believe) I was friends with and we'd would make fun of him all the time, but he would just take it since we were 40+ which was high at the time. The paladin and I came close to quitting together, I did and he ended up saying he'd stick it out for a little longer. I took a year or so off P99 and came back to see he was leader and fucking decked out, I don't remember his name, but I think it vaguely sounded like Sanluen coincidentally.

Clark
01-07-2015, 07:52 PM

Trollolololololol.

Actually not true. I remember being one of the best clerics in BDA 2012, and at one point losing a BCG to an officer using a no name unheard of throw away cleric account. The guy literally never logged that character again ever, and in eight months never saw this character logged in once prior to. Not to mention it was my first item request for a boss drop. Officer just sold the bcg for plat. So glad I realized how whack BDA's council was. Not to mention unappreciative.

I've also never seen BDA roll for anything ever lol. Their premade distorted loot lists are longer than any guild on the server seemingly.

Fanguru
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Bregan D'Aerthe is the name of the drow elf mercenary band near Menzoberranzan in the Underdark, in Drizzt books. It is led by Jarlaxle and mostly made of cast-out males from the drow society.

indiscriminate_hater
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Bregan D'Aerthe is the name of the drow elf mercenary band near Menzoberranzan in the Underdark, in Drizzt books. It is led by Jarlaxle and mostly made of cast-out males from the drow society.

IN menzoberranzan

go wash out your mouth

August
01-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Wasn't BDA originally a forum guild from another classic project, or something like that? I remember folks with that guild tag posting on a different forum before P1999 even opened.

I believe some guilds work together; as I understand it's mostly class "R" guilds helping each other out with off-hours kills.

Danth

Bregan D'Aerth was the name of a guild that was a 'forum guild' on EQCLassic.org - aka Yeahlight's EQ.

I know because I was asked repeatedly to join their forum guild. BDA ULTRA!

Ravager
01-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Actually not true. I remember being one of the best clerics in BDA 2012, and at one point losing a BCG to an officer using a no name unheard of throw away cleric account. The guy literally never logged that character again ever, and in eight months never saw this character logged in once prior to. Not to mention it was my first item request for a boss drop. Officer just sold the bcg for plat. So glad I realized how whack BDA's council was. Not to mention unappreciative.

I've also never seen BDA roll for anything ever lol. Their premade distorted loot lists are longer than any guild on the server seemingly.

Don't worry. I'm sure that officer, the alt and the BCG all found their way to TMO with you.

Juevento
01-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Since we're going to RnF and this has the makings of a solid rehashing of grudges thread. I am pretty sure Taken, aside from kiting that Draco the other day, used autofire to get fte.

arsenalpow
01-07-2015, 09:11 PM

you were never shit in bda, you reguarly didn't show up to raids because you'd rather sit in lguk farming fbss and whining about your chrohns or some shit, then you latched onto TMO's teet and are still a non-factor

August
01-07-2015, 09:18 PM
you were never shit in bda, you reguarly didn't show up to raids because you'd rather sit in lguk farming fbss and whining about your chrohns or some shit, then you latched onto TMO's teet and are still a non-factor

Thank god being a non-factor here doesn't correlate to my lot in life outside a game.

Cecily
01-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Do guilds work together on some raids? It just seems like raiding would be much more fun than bumping around Crushbone on some alt, even if you know your not getting any loot.

Read this thread's page 2 carefully for a better answer to your question. Particularly this eloquent reply from the leadership of the server's largest guild:

No. No we don't work together.

arsenalpow
01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
it's less about working together and more about absorbing smaller guilds to keep the machine fed. I know TMO has been struggling lately but snuggling up to AG and asking them to raid beta with you or trying to push a-team into joint sky raids which is basically like going through a time share presentation is a reach

you're running out of hardcore neckbeards bro

sanluen
01-07-2015, 09:30 PM
What a wonderful thread!

For what it is worth, we were a bunch of players who planned to play on PEQ/EQClassic (lol) and started here in 2009. The 4 guys who started BDA over there were from Cazic Thule where Bregan D'Aerth was active 1999-early 2000's. I started the guild up here, and ran it with Sadad (the gimp paladin which was mentioned) and a few others for a long while. And as a matter of fact, we did raid Runneyeye! It was super fun, since most people were 15-30ish.

Also, if you can't get loot for yourself to the detriment of all your "friends" that you play with, why would anyone ever be an officer?

YendorLootmonkey
01-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Thank god being a non-factor here doesn't correlate to my lot in life outside a game.

I am a non-factor in game AND in real life, so suck itttttttttt

Danth
01-07-2015, 09:43 PM
What a wonderful thread!

For what it is worth, we were a bunch of players who planned to play on PEQ/EQClassic (lol) and started here in 2009.

You sure did. Screenshot from day 2 or 3ish of P1999:

Cecily
01-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Also, if you can't get loot for yourself to the detriment of all your "friends" that you play with, why would anyone ever be an officer?

So are you saying here the officers inherently deserve the loot more? I honestly don't feel like picking a fight, but loot distribution has always been serious weak point in your guild. Refering to your membership as "friends" kinda rubs me the wrong way, even if that's a perfectly adequate description of e-pals.

arsenalpow
01-07-2015, 09:51 PM
So are you saying here the officers inherently deserve the loot more? I honestly don't feel like picking a fight, but loot distribution has always been serious weak point in your guild. Refering to your membership as "friends" kinda rubs me the wrong way, even if that's a perfectly adequate description of e-pals.

i think he was being obviously facetious

Cecily
01-07-2015, 09:57 PM
With my history in BDA, it doesn't seem like too far of a stretch. But if he is, fine. Good.

robisatsea
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
IN menzoberranzan

go wash out your mouth

I just became a fan of this guy.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Bregan D'Aerthe (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bregan_D%27aerthe) The founder was literally an extremely annoying 15 year old halfling druid that tried to get a bunch of lvl 20-40s to raid Runnyeye and iirc he was lvl 35 for fucking ever. There was a half-elf paladin and a wizard (sanluen, I believe) I was friends with and we'd would make fun of him all the time, but he would just take it since we were 40+ which was high at the time. The paladin and I came close to quitting together, I did and he ended up saying he'd stick it out for a little longer. I took a year or so off P99 and came back to see he was leader and fucking decked out, I don't remember his name, but I think it vaguely sounded like Sanluen coincidentally.

shit's classic

Nirgon
01-07-2015, 11:24 PM
come play red

Bazia
01-08-2015, 12:16 AM

this sounds exactly like the Armani I knew on red

all the dude did was camp shit and complain when people got tired of him hoarding good camps using a guild tag

quido
01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
are you bi-server curious?

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:29 AM
this sounds exactly like the Armani I knew on red

all the dude did was camp shit and complain when people got tired of him hoarding good camps using a guild tag

even better his "some random cleric got this bcg" is an entire fabrication. We gave 1 BCG to a cleric (Eadric) who was one of our main clerics forever and after that we generally gave BCGs to enchanters and shamans for some reason (favoritism probably) so this is just some below average lies from cimarec/relborn/armani/protocol/marksman or whatever the fuck else he calls himself these days

kaev
01-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Read this thread's page 2 carefully for a better answer to your question. Particularly this eloquent reply from the leadership of the server's largest guild:

No. No we don't work together.

Hey, my alt was in a KC grind group with TMO alt and a Taken alt the other day (I'm BDA.) We even all had our tags showing for a bit until the TMO alt went anon. If that's not working together I don't know what is. :p

thieros
01-08-2015, 03:00 PM
even better his "some random cleric got this bcg" is an entire fabrication. We gave 1 BCG to a cleric (Eadric) who was one of our main clerics forever and after that we generally gave BCGs to enchanters and shamans for some reason (favoritism probably) so this is just some below average lies from cimarec/relbaic/armani/protocol/marksman or whatever the fuck else he calls himself these days

relbaic? what?

captnamazing
01-08-2015, 05:56 PM
relbaic? what?

http://i.imgur.com/s5mBSDu.jpg
^Chest right now
shots fired blindly

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 06:17 PM
every blue thread can be summerized by this gif that i will be using til im bored with it
http://giant.gfycat.com/LastAcidicChevrotain.gif

Mac Drettj
01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
every blue thread can be summerized by this gif that i will be using til im bored with it
http://giant.gfycat.com/LastAcidicChevrotain.gif

Hahahahaha think in about the fact that majority of these people were there for many many hours

Dat variance

arsenalpow
01-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Hahahahaha think in about the fact that majority of these people were there for many many hours

Dat variance

noble don't have variance, that's why it's always 2983723894 sitting on the spawn point because they know exactly when he pops

Nirgon
01-09-2015, 06:08 PM
If blue had the red switch flipped for a day

Who do you think most people would be lookin for and why

Lazie
01-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Easy answer. I will refrain from stating the obvious.

Cecily
01-09-2015, 06:52 PM

Anyone in range AFK in EC tunnel. AFK kills are the most satisfying.

HippoNipple
01-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Anyone level 2+ that is too heavy to even move in EC tunnel.

Mac Drettj
01-10-2015, 06:10 PM
noble don't have variance, that's why it's always 2983723894 sitting on the spawn point because they know exactly when he pops

2983723894 people trying to hit it first is considered competitive

Cecily
01-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Which is why variance is a good thing for blue. PKing people off the spawn point is a more civilized way to handle it, I'll give you that.