PDA

View Full Version : Severilous Hill

Foggon
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
When are we going to randomize Severilous' spawn location? We want less poop socking right? Randomizing his spawn point will not take away from classic. This is a huge zone, lets level the playing field.

This screen shot makes a Warrior main sad :(

Morbo the Annihilator
01-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Onyxheart is asleep if it makes you feel any better.

falkun
01-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Nice Cobalt BP you're wearing, how was that sock while there are un-epic'd bards out there?

Warriors thinking they are some special snowflakes.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Climbing up on Severilous Hill.
I could see the heatstone light.
Wind was blowing, Gann stood still.
Dragon flew out of the night.

Erati
01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
that screenshot is way too dark

I cant see anything

fadetree
01-07-2015, 03:59 PM
+1 peter gabriel ref

Ele
01-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Wouldn't that just mean that rangers/bards/mages have to run around the whole zone for hours instead of standing in one spot?

Granted, it would be harder to poop in a sock while running.

Erati
01-07-2015, 04:51 PM
I pushed for randomized spawn points for all the outdoor dragons ages ago

its not going to happen unfort, however the way those dragons are now...its pretty darn easy to enter the fray

just make Drak sit out there for you, hes a nice guy :P

Thulack
01-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Wouldn't that just mean that rangers/bards/mages have to run around the whole zone for hours instead of standing in one spot?

Granted, it would be harder to poop in a sock while running.

See Joyelle's Signature. Seems easy to poop in a sock while running.

Joyelle
01-07-2015, 05:08 PM
When are we going to randomize Severilous' spawn location? We want less poop socking right? Randomizing his spawn point will not take away from classic. This is a huge zone, lets level the playing field.

This screen shot makes a Warrior main sad :(

You do realize that all the guilds represented in that screenshot probably also have at least 1 warrior main without an epic, right? You're not the only one on the server.

Daldaen
01-07-2015, 06:18 PM
If I had the power I would IP ban you for using those elemental models. That screenshot destroys my immersion.

More triangle-polygons-with-arms for mage pets please.

Also why no-very short variance is favored (cause classic) and cause you don't waste 16 hour staring at a wall doing nothing but hovering over a CoTH hotkey. Instead you spend 5 min doing it, if you lose you don't waste an entire day doing nothing just for a shot at sweat pixels.

Nirgon
01-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Come to red, we'll get you a warrior epic np

Foggon
01-07-2015, 06:26 PM
If I had the power I would IP ban you for using those elemental models. That screenshot destroys my immersion.

More triangle-polygons-with-arms for mage pets please.

Also why no-very short variance is favored (cause classic) and cause you don't waste 16 hour staring at a wall doing nothing but hovering over a CoTH hotkey. Instead you spend 5 min doing it, if you lose you don't waste an entire day doing nothing just for a shot at sweat pixels.

Haha actually I literally just installed titanium(because I had a copy back from when I bought it in 05 or whatever) and ran the patch. Atleast I'm not using shadows!

I didn't choose these elementals, the elementals chose me!

Danth
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM

On the other hand, perhaps folks who're that obsessed with pixels deserve some punishment. If a guild ever asked me to stand around for 12+ hours trying to tag something, I'd flatly refuse. Everyone standing there does so by choice.

Danth

Moodie
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM
you could.... always wait a month or two for your turn to kill Sev?

oblexsis
01-07-2015, 06:40 PM
On the other hand, perhaps folks who're that obsessed with pixels deserve some punishment. If a guild ever asked me to stand around for 12+ hours trying to tag something, I'd flatly refuse. Everyone standing there does so by choice.

Danth

We ask nicely and people want to do it . We don't require people to track but we do reward those that do .

Moodie
01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
We ask nicely and people want to do it . We don't require people to track but we do reward those that do .

bullsh*t, Eratani comes at me with a bullwhip every time I log in and there's something in window!

oblexsis
01-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Yeah but you like it !

Clark
01-07-2015, 07:57 PM
This isn't a bad idea at all. Has my vote.

Doil_Boil
01-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Nice Cobalt BP you're wearing, how was that sock while there are un-epic'd bards out there?

BP was from our rotation I believe, no socking required. Carry on.

Cecily
01-07-2015, 08:43 PM

I, too, think Trakanon should spawn at some random part of Seb.

falkun
01-08-2015, 10:20 AM
That would give a new meaning to Disco party.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Remove 16 hour windows.

Instead replace with a 4-8 hour window on a simulated Respawn that will simultaneously Repop every mob.

Then have our typical 2-4 sim Repops randomly through the week.

Would solve so many issues when there's everything spawning simultaneously.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Shortening windows only makes for shorter poop socks, doesn't fix the problem.

Eliminate the FFA component of the rotation which is leading to scenes like this. Make repops full FFA so it's an actual race.

Erati
01-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Shorter poop sock is some form of progress tho ;)

if they refuse to change the overall foundation IE the C/R/FFA into R/C FFA repop

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Shortening windows only makes for shorter poop socks, doesn't fix the problem.

Eliminate the FFA component of the rotation which is leading to scenes like this. Make repops full FFA so it's an actual race.

It decreases the chance every guild's Neckbeard will die of a Cheetoh, Mountain Dew and Hot Pocket induced Heart attack, since they can now stand up and walk 20 whole steps to the bathroom now. That valuable cardio will save lives.

Think of the neckbeards Chest.

PS - I'm behind C/R + FFA respawns still. But the GMs seem extremely hesitant to shift the distribution of mobs. Which is dumb considering the current state of affairs. Taken out neckbearded most neckbeards this week. Didn't all 5 FFA targets go to Class R guilds? Concern for Class C's share is dumb if that situation repeats itself.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 10:59 AM
It decreases the chance every guild's Neckbeard will die of a Cheetoh, Mountain Dew and Hot Pocket induced Heart attack, since they can now stand up and walk 20 whole steps to the bathroom now. That valuable cardio will save lives.

Think of the neckbeards Chest.

Don't treat the symptoms, treat the disease.

Ele
01-08-2015, 11:13 AM

#Wipe2015

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 11:19 AM
#Wipe2015

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 11:21 AM
I came from Blue originally but I kept wanting to break out my weighted axe wack one of these poopsocking casters and then HT their asses. Less people = more loot to go around. Our server numbers are up and growing daily.

The group XP bonus is insane atm but I don't know if it will last forever.

Join Red. Never deal with this BS again.

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 11:33 AM
you could.... always wait a month or two for your turn to kill Sev?

And this my friends is why no matter how much you dislike the thought of pvp, that I can't understand how anyone who enjoys raiding would ever choose to play on blue over red. Enjoy velious where you get go raid one dragon a month while I'm in NToV daily with zero poopsocking and calendars. Feels great seeing all the new blue refugees who came over the last couple of weeks wielding epics and phara dar loot.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 11:42 AM

This is America. We only treat symptoms.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 11:47 AM
And this my friends is why no matter how much you dislike the thought of pvp, that I can't understand how anyone who enjoys raiding would ever choose to play on blue over red. Enjoy velious where you get go raid one dragon a month while I'm in NToV daily with zero poopsocking and calendars. Feels great seeing all the new blue refugees who came over the last couple of weeks wielding epics and phara dar loot.

So join red and either follow the zerg or oppose the zerg and get steamrolled. What a fun server.

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 11:51 AM
So join red and either follow the zerg or oppose the zerg and get steamrolled. What a fun server.

I'd rather be a part of a "zerg" and actually get to play the game than be a part of one of 20 zergs on blue who have to wait 2 months between dragon kills.

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 11:51 AM
id rather get steamrolled by a force at a known time then track 12 hours hoping to get the first jav in. whatever floats your boat tho.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 11:54 AM
I'd rather be a part of a "zerg" and actually get to play the game than be a part of one of 20 zergs on blue who have to wait 2 months between dragon kills.

Of course. Just join the next band of mercenaries to get that loot. Some of us have friends, we've built communities. It's satisfying to kill mobs with my friends that I've known in game for years. It's a hollow (holo? Lolz) victory to zerg it up. Zero loyalty on red.

khanable
01-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Of course. Just join the next band of mercenaries to get that loot. Some of us have friends, we've built communities. It's satisfying to kill mobs with my friends that I've known in game for years. It's a hollow (holo? Lolz) victory to zerg it up. Zero loyalty on red.

When did you start playing red again?

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:03 PM
When did you start playing red again?

I don't. I just live vicariously through the people I know, but it's not like this some mystery. What % of raid mobs does Holo get? What % of the server is in Holo? The whole "pk your way to the top, no line!" is disengenious because your just going to get smoked unless you plan on joining the zerg that's been stocked the fuck up via months of easy loot.

khanable
01-08-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't.

An in depth analysis of the red end game brought to you by a level 18 erudite paladin.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:11 PM
An in depth analysis of the red end game brought to you by a level 18 erudite paladin.

So show me where I'm wrong. I know you enjoy red, god knows you've attained more red dragon loot than on blue, but don't pretend like I'm wrong when we both know the facts. The top guild was nihilum by a mile, months of competition free loot. Then nihilum gets blown up and Holo takes over filled with former nihilum members, cycle repeats. Red is more blue than blue.

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 12:14 PM
So show me where I'm wrong. I know you enjoy red, god knows you've attained more red dragon loot than on blue, but don't pretend like I'm wrong when we both know the facts. The top guild was nihilum by a mile, months of competition free loot. Then nihilum gets blown up and Holo takes over filled with former nihilum members, cycle repeats. Red is more blue than blue.

I'm not denying that. I just think it's more fun to actually get to play the game and raid than stand and poopsock like blue. Also, we still raid mobs on Red with typically less people than they do on Blue. Listen, I get it, different strokes for different folks, I just think there will be a LOT of people with blue balls come Velious when they find themselves not getting to kill the majority of the content on Blue while meanwhile on Red we're having a blast.

khanable
01-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Not particularly disagreeing with what you said, more so how you present it and what you consider to be fact despite not having experienced it yourself. You don't play red, why do you give a fuck?

You get so worked up over anyone who doesn't play the game like you.

It's why people chose not to play the game with you.

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 12:19 PM

Good post.

Still if you want a easy pixels you know you can come to red and get easy pixels. If you want a bigger challenge you can always come to red and join the smaller guilds to try to topple <Holocust>.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Lol Chest, my sides.

Enjoy your "mobs in window for 2 days". YUCK.

To the guy upset about no warrior epic, seriously come to red we'll hook you up.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm not denying that. I just think it's more fun to actually get to play the game and raid than stand and poopsock like blue. Also, we still raid mobs on Red with typically less people than they do on Blue. Listen, I get it, different strokes for different folks, I just think there will be a LOT of people with blue balls come Velious when they find themselves not getting to kill the majority of the content on Blue while meanwhile on Red we're having a blast.

So let's just play this out for the sake of the conversation.

A mid tier class R guild wholesale rerolls on red. They run 20-30 deep during the server prime time. They will try to get 60 asap so they can be more effective when killing legit targets. How many raid mobs are they going to see pre-velious if Holo decides they don't want them to see any knowing that Holo has a geared VP force and fixed respawn timers?

I think the answer is "not many." How about while in velious. The answer would be some of the kunark content and easy velious content, but the gap will increase in velious while holo continues to oppress any other growing guild and widens their gear advantage with ToV loot. Then pvp is useless. (I'll cite Ruin v good/neuts from sullon zek)

So realistically, if you truly want to experience content on p99 you can roll red and zerg it up with Holo or join IB on blue who's currently winning the class C wars. Be ready to shirk any allegiances in the name of pixels though.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Not particularly disagreeing with what you said, more so how you present it and what you consider to be fact despite not having experienced it yourself. You don't play red, why do you give a fuck?

You get so worked up over anyone who doesn't play the game like you.

It's why people chose not to play the game with you.

I'm not worked up, I'm merely cutting through the BS that red is the loot paradise that blue isn't. There needs to be an asterisk on every red recruitment post stating that unless you're in Holo you're just food for the sharks.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 12:30 PM

Gonna agree with Chest here. Put a stamp on it and signatureize it.

The man is correct.

Reds population doesn't foster an environment where you can fight out your dragons. You either join the zerg or attempt to sneak a crappy mob from under their nose. That's what happens when there are only like 150 people on a server.

The blue people coming over have a very blue mentality and pixel lust so I'd imagine the vast majority join the path of least resistance and just go to the zerg guild for free pixels.

Moodie
01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
How did this thread become a "please play on my empty server to validate the pixels it took me 3 weeks to get"?

Cecily
01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Bring back train wars in VP. Blue raiding used to be more red than red.

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 12:42 PM

This is a lie. Unless Blue does CT with 70 people. I think Holocust and Fresh had this many for the last CT.

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Bring train wars to all Class C and FFA targets with no variance.

Would make it way more interesting than 16 hour non-classic variance.

Erati
01-08-2015, 12:43 PM
why is this thread so derailed omg

every single time a blue thread starts it gets PK'd /sigh

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Remove variance from blue, Christ

We have the FTE shouts here that's enough

Or at least GREATLY reduce variance

Get that petition going around because the people that come over to red and make it to 50ish are talking to me like we just pulled them out of a 3rd world country and have them a hot meal and a warm bed

It is also high time you all worked out your own raid calendars / figure out how to share with other guilds and stop killing things you don't need to have shit sit around in your bank for 100's of thousands of plat for MQs that almost never sell

Yes and in Sleeper's Tomb. Further, both Sleeper and VP keys should be body bound.. not soul bound.

No variance (or greatly reduced) and CLASSIC body bound keys. Classic EQ etc.

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Gonna agree with Chest here. Put a stamp on it and signatureize it.

The man is correct.

Reds population doesn't foster an environment where you can fight out your dragons. You either join the zerg or attempt to sneak a crappy mob from under their nose. That's what happens when there are only like 150 people on a server.

The blue people coming over have a very blue mentality and pixel lust so I'd imagine the vast majority join the path of least resistance and just go to the zerg guild for free pixels.

There have been ~300 most people nightly on red, and these people unlike blue, aren't AFK in EC. Again I really didn't mean to make this into a big deal, I was just making an observation that for the pixel starved masses who complain about variance and not being able to complete their epics and what not, that perhaps Red [yes, in a guild like Holocaust] might be a better choice for them in order to enjoy the game. I get that some of you are masochists and think that sitting there for 16 hours proves who is more elite and that you "earned" your pixels on blue as opposed to red by waiting 7 weeks between Trakanon's or something, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to enjoy EverQuest the way they want to. Keep in mind though that in classic, most servers only had one or two end game guilds downing 95% of content, and that Red99 more closely emulates what the top end of the server was like on Live.

Doors
01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
You stand a far better chance on red of obtaining anything you want. I just don't know how people could possibly think its fun to keep doing this on blue. The variance socking wars completely ruined this game for me.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm not worked up, I'm merely cutting through the BS that red is the loot paradise that blue isn't. There needs to be an asterisk on every red recruitment post stating that unless you're in Holo you're just food for the sharks.

Yah but we will take pretty much ANYONE and gear mains (even brand new ones) over alts. We also don't bank shit for other people when it drops, if you're there you get the item.

It's not like we have this 60 person guild that turns everyone away. We help every good applicant that comes our way regardless of class, play time, whatever.

We spread the loot around too (it is annoying to our neckbeard core), with the statement that if you want every item in the game from us you should plan on raiding a long time. None of this 100% attendance / 600 tracking hours burn out where someone gets a crown and quits blue in 2 months while some 70% attendance dude for the past 5 months that has a life and can't track mobs sits there wondering if he should keep playing.

Further.. what kind of sick fucking system has it become that there's this war of tracking attrition that has literally burned out even the most determined of beards. I mean to compete with your guildies for loot you gotta have your laptop hidden under your desk tracking Talendor? What happened to things like performance and doing things outside of raids to help the guild being a factor?

Tracking mobs for 30 hours a week, Jesus Christ! Who had that as part of their classic experience?!

That said, Chest, if you can withhold your slander of the noble and more classic no variance red server... we may save you a seat at the right hand of King Tormax on red. Or maybe some Holo twink has been griefing you and your whatever family members bard alt and you "choose not to" reveal the name of either character.... and there's no kills on the leaderboard backing up your statement of grief either. Top kek for sure.

REPENT. COME TO RED. We have "raid time" not "mobs in window for 2 days that will pop during the work day or some ungodly hour".

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Oh I don't disagree with only a few guilds downing the content but the natural progression stagnated obviously due to the lack of velious, so there will still be a problem when velious drops on blue. It will be a different issue on red when holo is full ToV geared and the small guilds are still wearing kunark rags. Pvp will be impossible at that point.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
No. ToV gear or not you will still get picked off by a bard team with a cure shield enchanter.

Further it will be a very long time before anyone becomes "truly godly" with Dozekar drops / primal / shroud of longevity etc.

Casters don't get much stronger, melee weapons are stronger but the 100hp and other great caster stuff you can get offset it a bit. Spirit wracked cord / strength of elements come to mind. Melees won't get much worse than the AC didn't work in pvp / massive hit box days. Thank God Haynar fixed that shite.

PvP existed on RZ during Velious and we had a massive guild war that was the most fun I've had in EQ to this day. Both sides had primal and all kinds of other shit. It was a blast.

Not to mention, it is truly impossible to hold down every little thing when Velious hits.

Ele
01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Yes and in Sleeper's Tomb. Further, both Sleeper and VP keys should be body bound.. not soul bound.

Sleeper's Keys are bound to body. Camp a cleric!

VP/HS/Seb keys are properly soulbound in accordance with timeline July 2000 (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000719.html).

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Ugh I'm arguing with Chest... didn't I move to red to avoid stuff like this? Silly me.

If ya'll want epics and mobs that spawn on time, get @ us.

I do miss Elethia and some others.

They should probz come to red too!

fastboy21
01-08-2015, 01:11 PM
If Red's population is so great why are they always recruiting? Makes me wonder.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:13 PM
We're getting there ;)

High of 330s.

Oh, and Derupal gave us full license to do what is necessary to bring people over to red.

Up from like 0-50 while Nihilum was on top.... or what it would have returned to if we didn't take da box.

@ a stable 500 range we'll go away, promise.

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 01:27 PM
That said, Chest, if you can withhold your slander of the noble and more classic no variance red server... we may save you a seat at the right hand of King Tormax on red. Or maybe some Holo twink has been griefing you and your whatever family members bard alt and you "choose not to" reveal the name of either character.... and there's no kills on the leaderboard backing up your statement of grief either. Top kek for sure.

Last 300 kills by both top end guilds

The Zerg * Holocust *
http://i.imgur.com/bCt4M7t.png

Azrael
http://i.imgur.com/1zUVBie.png

Come join Azrael and help fight the good fight if you don't want to raid with 70+.

Cecily
01-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Come join Azrael and help fight the good fight. We only kill 59% of the unguilded scrubs Holocust does.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 01:35 PM
I'd rather accomplish some big kills with my guild. We got AoW to 47% on our first attempt and had a flawless Tormax kill. That's more satisfying than riding zerg coattails through Velious. Enjoy your pixels though.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:38 PM
How many did your "not zerg" have when you got AoW to 47%? How many players are tagged BDA ready to go day 1 Velious? Doubt its 35 lols.

60-70 perhaps? How many do you think it will take for that last 43%? That last 43% is a long way to go bubs.

Love to see you do it with 40 players =)

The above graph is skewed as proven in another thread. However for being such a "hard core bad ass pvp guild" you'd think they'd be blowing us out on # of kills.

The difference between Holo and Azrael member killing a player? Just ask people on red about how the two behave in game.

I came from TMO (well other guilds too, I lurked) as did Jeremy, neither of us could physically bring ourselves to continue playing on the blue variance / Class system scene.

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 01:42 PM
How many did your "not zerg" have when you got AoW to 47%

60-70 perhaps? How many do you think it will take for that last 43%? That last 43% is a long way to go bubs.

Love to see you do it with 40 players =)

The above graph is skewed as proven in another thread. However for being such a "hard core bad ass pvp guild" you'd think they'd be blowing us out on # of kills.

The difference between Holo and Azrael member killing a player? Just ask people on red about how the two behave in game.

I came from TMO (well other guilds too, I lurked) as did Jeremy, neither of us could physically bring ourselves to continue playing on the blue variance / Class system scene.

About 60, but if you're only in Kunark gear you're limited with what you can do.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:44 PM
donal's bp gonna git nerfed too

with discs down etc... like I said that last 50% is nasty

you're going to need to bring da house

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 01:47 PM

That's why you have ranger and warrior discs in reserve for the final part.

Do you even EQ bro?

webrunner5
01-08-2015, 01:47 PM

He has a valid point top end wise. :D

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:48 PM
That's why you have ranger and warrior discs in reserve for the final part.

Do you even EQ bro?

yah

Sorry the red envy is twisting your soul, its turning the classic beards on each other

Good luck with North Ro not chain crashing, we'll be on Zlandicar if you need us. Never too late to go red you know?

arsenalpow
01-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Obviously. BDA will run 50-60 deep when Velious drops, maybe even more depending on who comes back for a new expansion. Every guild has plenty of burnt out veterans waiting for new content. I'm sure every guild will have a staggering amount of numbers come launch. AoW isn't even that challenging of a fight really, it's just maintaining a chain and tank switches. It's sheer numbers, and that number requirement obviously drops as velious gear is attained.

The point being is I'd rather take that journey with the people I've known rather than give it up for a band of mercenaries even though the chance of loot is more plentiful and more easily attainable.

The reason this game matters is because of the journey. It was never about "oh man I had best in slot everything on live" the stuff people remember are the friends you played with, the kills accomplished against the odds (players and mobs), and the general nostalgia from experiencing this massive world. Racing to the end defeats the purpose of EQ.

captnamazing
01-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Foggon, I feel for you my cousin. At some point you'll get your sweet lightsaber pixels, even if it comes down to rotation.

As for this repeated red vs. blue shit, while I know how accessible the pve scene on red is, I would never join because:
1. time investment into blue - I have better things to do than switch mains
2. my friends are on blue
3. my guild is a blue guild

Granted, Filbus is geared out about as much as he can be, minus the high-end cobalt and Vp gear. And all that happened on rotation, incredible! If your pixel lust is manageable, you can have FUN raiding with your pals and shooting the shit, and eventually you'll find yourself decked out.

Re: AoW kill, I think we would have gone a good bit further had there not been a tank switch error. We only had 3 warriors online at the time, only 1 of them beta buffed (Powned). Pownd was second MA, but didn't build enough aggro for the swap, so aggro flopped to me. I got shredded, having no disc up. If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have had rez sickness and minimal buffs by when it was my turn to tank, which would have allowed us to enjoy another full 3 mins of DPS input onto AoW, as opposed to the 30 seconds or 1 minute I lasted with the debuff.

Frankly, I'm excited to try it again. Blue may be stagnant and overpopulated, but at least when I do something, I do it with my comrades. That makes it way more valuable to me, personally... Compared to the red raiding mindset:

Yah but we will take pretty much ANYONE

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Nirgon
I saw a new person willing to donate 200 plat to a person to get a kill on one of your guilds twink alt griefers yesterday. You should have asked that new guy if he knew what guild he was actually putting a hit out on. I understand that you already have the numbers you need to slay Velious mobs but please stop your guild from hurting the new up and coming population.

Your pal
Emissary Pikrib

Ella`Ella
01-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Obviously. BDA will run 50-60 deep when Velious drops, maybe even more depending on who comes back for a new expansion.

And when they do come back, I'll be ready to gobble them up like I did with your last round of top tier players hungry for pixels!

Om nom nom.

Then I'll go back to playing red with Nirgon. Pras Holocaust!

Wabic
01-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Where do people get the idea that increasing poopsocking difficulty will make it go away or give casuals a better chance?

captnamazing
01-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Where do people get the idea that increasing poopsocking difficulty will make it go away or give casuals a better chance?

it's the result of casuals thinking like casuals, and assuming everyone thinks this way.

"if the dragon spawns ANYWHERE, I wouldn't camp this for 16 hours!"
-example of casual mindset

The mistake is made that the hardcore pixel-frenzy neckbeard will also think like this.

Foggon
01-08-2015, 02:34 PM
it's the result of casuals thinking like casuals, and assuming everyone thinks this way.

"if the dragon spawns ANYWHERE, I wouldn't camp this for 16 hours!"
-example of casual mindset

The mistake is made that the hardcore pixel-frenzy neckbeard will also think like this.

That's not what I think at all. As long as there is a window open there will be people sitting in it, no doubt about that.

I think it would be a different way to race for a mob. Mages get enough glory with Trakanon, VS and Phinny and every other dungeon mob. Rangers get shit on from level one. Lets give them a little purpose by randomizing these outdoor dragon's spawn points.

Also I agree with everyone on red spitting on our 2 day window. 16 hours is very excessive. 2+/- is plenty enough variance and will also encourage(enable) races between the R guilds on probably all of these outdoor dragons. I raised a ranger so I could track this green monster, unfortunately at the time I didn't know every mob was a coth race.

Foggon
01-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Also something like this wouldn't effect precious Trakanon and his coveted teeth, Most guilds don't have the force to have two mages coth two mages, then have all those mages coth down a 4 man team to engage.

And if you do you deserve to raid VP, Hazzah!

But with randomized spawn points for outdoor dragons I can easily see guilds like Asgard, Azure, Divinity and Taken with a viable raid force each chilling on ogre island in TD with two rangers, or two bard, or a ranger and a bard, or a ranger and a mage, or a mage and a bard(oh look, variance) or whatever the leadership thought would make a good team.. scouring the sea for four(not sixteen) hours looking for an FTE on Faydedar.

Tormax
01-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Remove variance from blue, Christ

It is also high time you all worked out your own raid calendars / figure out how to share with other guilds and stop killing things you don't need to have shit sit around in your bank for 100's of thousands of plat for MQs that almost never sell

No variance (or greatly reduced) and CLASSIC body bound keys. Classic EQ etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ele
01-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Also I agree with everyone on red spitting on our 2 day window. 16 hours is very excessive. 2+/- is plenty enough variance and will also encourage(enable) races between the R guilds on probably all of these outdoor dragons. I raised a ranger so I could track this green monster, unfortunately at the time I didn't know every mob was a coth race.

You may not have been here for the 96 hour windows on most dragons that the server had for about 3 years.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 02:53 PM
done with thread

come over and get your light stabers or don't

care level 0 about hypocritical bs and the "competition" on a blue server when they are all capable of killing uncontested

The battle of the wills is hilarious fun for a while with variance, but I'm sick of that. I really hoped the FTE shouts would be a factor in reducing variance windows. Being allowed/not being able allowed to camp in certain places with certain buffs as a certain class during a certain window... seriously that's not the classic experience nor is midnight mallet/leatherfoot cap recharging for entire guilds. Peace, deuces.

Tameth
01-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Pals on red and blue. Loads of blue going red. Zero red going blue. Make new friends, keep the old.

kaev
01-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Blue may be stagnant and overpopulated, but at least when I do something, I do it with my comrades. That makes it way more valuable to me, personally...

^^ Says it nicely for me.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Tamtamtamtamtamtam

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 03:20 PM
^^ Says it nicely for me.

I'm great friends with my guild, and play many other games with them. You act like it's not possible to have friends on red.

Heebo
01-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Pals on red and blue. Loads of blue going red. Zero red going blue. Make new friends, keep the old.

Optimist is a friend of the REDRUMs. Proud to have been PKd by this man.

kaev
01-08-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm great friends with my guild, and play many other games with them. You act like it's not possible to have friends on red.

Where do you get that from? I still like Yums & Cucs even tho they're drinking red kool-aid these days. I just agreed with Filbus that I have zero interest in breaking away from the good times I'm having on blue. Also I'm totally not wanting to be part of any overlord/underdog environment, never wanted to be part of TMO or FE on blue, have no interest in the red equivalent. Y'all can keep your tears, I don't want 'em.

Glenzig
01-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Hold on guys. I've been on red for like a month now. I think I can handle the blue hate in this thread.

Pras.

NEXT.

Did I do it right?

Daldaen
01-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Hold on guys. I've been on red for like a month now. I think I can handle the blue hate in this thread.

Pras.

NEXT.

Did I do it right?

Needs more racial and homophobic slurs to get the true spirit of red.

This guy is basically your average red player - http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722677&postcount=1

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Where do you get that from? I still like Yums & Cucs even tho they're drinking red kool-aid these days. I just agreed with Filbus that I have zero interest in breaking away from the good times I'm having on blue. Also I'm totally not wanting to be part of any overlord/underdog environment, never wanted to be part of TMO or FE on blue, have no interest in the red equivalent. Y'all can keep your tears, I don't want 'em.

I like how even the blue players dislike the Holocust zerg.

/salute blue

Erati
01-08-2015, 03:48 PM
so whats the exchange rate for Blue Plat to Red again?

since this is Red Server chat

Glenzig
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM

This guy is basically your average red player - http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722677&postcount=1

Actually this is what the rest of the server is trying to get rid of right now.

heartbrand
01-08-2015, 03:57 PM
I like how even the blue players dislike the Holocust zerg.

/salute blue

Guess you didn't read Daldaen's link which is to Lite's homophobic and racist video. Luckily, on Red, we are pushing those toxic players off the box.

Tameth
01-08-2015, 04:02 PM

Lol Dald spent literally two minutes on red.

Lite is very middle of the road average. After watching those videos he definitely seems more than willing to openly display his racism. And his love for TAMTAM TAMTAM TAMTAM!

He is certainly correct in thinking that the entire red population is similar to Lite.

Optimist is a friend of the REDRUMs. Proud to have been PKd by this man.

Pras REDRUM.

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Guess you didn't read Daldaen's link which is to Lite's homophobic and racist video. Luckily, on Red, we are pushing those toxic players off the box.

Yup because Holocust TS isn't filled with the N word constantly either. Nope, never happens. :rolleyes:

RD TS was filled with the N word constantly also. You never complained about it when you were guildleader. Face it HB you're part of the problem.

Tameth
01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Yup because Holocust TS isn't filled with the N word constantly either. Nope, never happens. :rolleyes:

RD TS was filled with the N word constantly also. You never complained about it when you were guildleader. Face it HB you're part of the problem.

You're wrong. Nightridin' firegiants is the limit to our profanity in holo TS. Tight knit family guild. Pixel blizzard.

SamwiseRed
01-08-2015, 05:42 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/LastAcidicChevrotain.gif

nuff said

Pikrib
01-08-2015, 06:36 PM
You're wrong. Nightridin' firegiants is the limit to our profanity in holo TS. Tight knit family guild. Pixel blizzard.

So you hide your racism by euphemizing words.

Next