PDA

View Full Version : Mage Pets

Gotze
01-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Why they still super gimp on here compared to how they were on live? Just curiosity, not flaming

Susvain2
01-07-2015, 08:48 AM
they got nurfed a long time ago to be shitty weak as they are now. no one knows why

Gotze
01-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah , pretty damn strange lol wonder why they have not been brought up to par or back to how they were during this era

wwoneo
01-07-2015, 11:04 AM
My hope is that they at minimum remove the EXP penalty from pets. Especially since they plan to remove hybrid exp penalty. This should be a bare minimum change imo.

webrunner5
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
They were a bit over the top when this game first came out. And now seems like they have fixed the agro a bit. So I still don't play mine much anymore since the nerf from hell XP wise. I know they work out OK in a group, but I still consider them more of a soloing class, which I like to do mostly on here.

Gotze
01-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Yeah I understand perhaps they were a bit over the top in the start I wasn't really here for that to be honest , but as of now they are pretty weak on terms of how they were in live , oh well hehe

webrunner5
01-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah I understand perhaps they were a bit over the top in the start I wasn't really here for that to be honest , but as of now they are pretty weak on terms of how they were in live , oh well hehe

True, but they still can kill pretty much faster than about any class on here solo other than say a Bard, which very few are good at including me, and maybe a Enchanter charming, which few are good at either.

I think they still are good at just eating the 50% XP penalty and just go kill kill kill. You can level pretty fast with one compared to a LOT of other classes solo. And they are cheap as heck to equip. Really don't need any gear in reality. Same with a Necro. And not many groups are going to turn you down DPS wise. But you have to have the Focus items to solo well with them.

Too bad the Epic is so hard to get for them. That pet is just over the top on here. It is a really good class for people, ergo women taking care of kids, cooking, drunks going to the Frig a lot, people with tiny Bladders, drunks again, etc. that do not have the time to group for hours on end. They have their place on here even yet.

I really can't remember how well they do in Velious. I would not think too well high end soloing. Mobs have too many HP. Never played one then. But I still play on Live and a 100 level Mage is my Main. They are one of the only classes that can sort of solo yet. Necro's can kind of "root rot" but that is not much fun. But you have to have like 6k AA's or more on either class to do it. Pretty crazy.

Gotze
01-07-2015, 01:40 PM
That is pretty true , they are still fantastic at stuff like giants , droga, etc

Laugher
01-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Not sure if anyone else had this experience but in classic (~mid jan. 2010) used to go places like Mistmoore and have one solo mage tell our groups that they were camping pond, had that happen in highkeep too lol

I actually ended up making a mag alt because of how OP they seemed in classic

Gotze
01-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Because they were really strong I never remember them ever being even remotely weak 1-60 as some of them are seemed to be here at 50+ , but then again we got epic rogues at level 1 and epic monks as well so it's tough to tell