PDA

View Full Version : Server Community - Extremely Impressed

Jaldu
01-06-2015, 11:09 PM
So about a week or two before Christmas I was looking for a game.

I was supposed to be Alpha Testing World of Warships but I was incredibly bored with it. I had watched some of Bob's you tube video's about playing on P99, and had actually tried once before to locate a copy to install it...

For whatever reason, I did some digging and found my way to the copy of EQ Titanium I needed.

Followed all the directions, got it up and running... and then decided (because of those videos) I would try to locate the Duxa skins. Nailed them down, bingo.. nice, clean, crisp, and a welcome back to EQ.

I got that "original" Verant feeling once again when I started playing... but what is going to keep me playing (and the reason for this thread) is the community of people that plays here.

It's been a very... VERY long time since I have truly felt a sense of goodness in the gaming world like I have experienced on the Blue Server.

Random acts of Kindness, incredibly helpful player base, and what seems like an incredible devotion to new players (like myself).

I just wanted to say Thank you. For restoring some of the faith I'd lost in the MMO community. I have been blown away...

I want to develop a Main and find a good guild and I'll be all set :)

Lustris - Level 8 High Elf Enchanter
Windfist - Level 10 Human Monk
Xilmors - Level 22 Iksar Necromancer
Valthara - Level 10 Erudite Wizard

Dave - 42 year old, 4 kids, and a beagle :)

Clark
01-07-2015, 05:51 AM
Good to hear yeehaw.

Whirled
01-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the greatest (yet fun) time sync ever.
I ported a couple people last night with a name similar to yours.
If so (or not) still welcome to send PM if u need a port + I'm online.

myriverse
01-07-2015, 07:46 AM
and a beagle :)
Good taste in friends is apparent.

Welcome.:)

Messianic
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM
The community *is* really good. Advice:

https://i.imgflip.com/g3zev.jpg

Fanguru
01-07-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure you will feel the same if you start interacting with the raiding community :)

Bboboo
01-07-2015, 10:04 AM

In other words, if you're easily baited by political internet debates (aka you're under the age of 12), stay away.

mgellan
01-07-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure you will feel the same if you start interacting with the raiding community :)

Higher level players in raid guilds are some of the nicest, most helpful people on the server. Sure there are always some exceptions but don't avoid people in raid guilds, since they're the most knowledgable people on the server and are in a position to help you most.

Yeah, there's conflict but it's largely between raid guilds not them versus the server community as a whole. And the raid community is vastly more healthy now than it was a year or two ago.

Glad to have you on the server!

Regards,
Mg

shtampy
01-07-2015, 11:42 AM
As someone who started 2 months ago, without a char above 40, I think mgellan has it spot on. My main is in dial a port so I routinely chat to people all across the server for a min or two at a time, and most people are super awesome.

My arms length impression is that there's a jam at the top end of the server, but people want the rest of us to enjoy the ride to 60 (which I know as kids a lot of us never even did).

But EQ has its mid level griefers, and I'm glad. You ain't doing it right without a few on the ignore list :)

webrunner5
01-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, this is a really pretty cool server. Can go fast or slow. Hardly a need to go fast as Velious is the end, and a lot of the fun places in it are mostly mid level I think. But you can do that with a alt I suppose. :p

Welcome Aboard.

zanderklocke
01-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Glad you play here. Although some of us act like weenies to each other sometimes; none of us really dislike each other. We're just somewhat competitive about loot acquisition.

kaev
01-07-2015, 12:41 PM
It's a fun place. Nice people outnumber asshats by a comfortable margin. Welcome!

webrunner5
01-07-2015, 01:21 PM
It's a fun place. Nice people outnumber asshats by a comfortable margin. Welcome!

I am not sure what has happened to most of the asshats on here and even on Red?? Seems like this game has matured a lot in the past year. That is a good thing. Even the Raid scene, for better or worse has gotten better also. :)

So it has always been a good server but as of late it has become a great server, thanks in most part, to the people that play on here. Grats to all. Blue and Red. :D Well we have to give the Devs and Guides a lot of credit also. Thanks.

HallyVee
01-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Another aspect of this community is the astonishing size of the component that enjoys challenging, immersive content that requires investment. Something sorely lacking elsewhere.

Feathers
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I had watched some of Bob's you tube video's about playing on P99...

Me too! That's how I discovered the game! Bob's Stein of Moggok quest! Yay for BOB!

We should make him fan thank you videos!!!

Clark
01-07-2015, 07:49 PM

So freaking true. Hardly ever go to RNF myself; is full of twitter twister wannabe's.

Nuggie
01-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Welcome aboard friend. Like previously mentioned the raiding scene has greatly improved in the last year. There for a while rants and flames was a very exciting place.

On the whole, the people on the server are pretty cool. Don't be afraid to send tells to the level 60's with questions. Most of them are bored and happy to help.

salimoneus
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Welcome, glad you are enjoying the server so far.

iruinedyourday
01-08-2015, 01:32 AM
In other words, if people posting insanely racist stuff and no mods doing anything to stop them bothers you then, stay away.

fify

Flamewraith
01-08-2015, 01:33 AM
Pics of beagle please.

kunarking
01-08-2015, 01:32 PM
I agree with this 100%. This is by far the best server of any game I've ever played and I've been playing MMO's for 15 years. Everybody is so helpful. Blows my mind!

captnamazing
01-08-2015, 01:57 PM

I have seen friends and families destroyed because they went into RNF. Stay out!

webrunner5
01-08-2015, 02:37 PM
I have seen friends and families destroyed because they went into RNF. Stay out!

Yeah, it can get pretty ugly there. Not for the Faint of Heart. :eek: Or Children either lol.

Sikorsky
01-08-2015, 02:58 PM
If someone slanders you on the forums the mods will give you this:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bwShoBQgZrEDDWU5gS3QXUX8Rs7N2mbWfjt_elRXNjE/viewform

Is this a troll form? Seems so. I don't think the mods care what goes on here judging by this form.

I legitimately want to gather this information to help you :(

khanable
01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
That form is awesome

loramin
01-08-2015, 07:12 PM
That form is awesome

It really is; I looked at it briefly at first, then re-read it because of your post and laughed a ton.

My favorite part:

Is this Sirken's fault? *
Yes
Do you believe Sirken is in any way involved? *
Yes

Are you a child psychologist? lol. Your a mod not a rainbow color hug therapist. Moderate the forums please.
Well, if you act like a child then ...

Portasaurus
01-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Show me on the google doc where Sirken touched you...

Sikorsky
01-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Show me on the google doc where Sirken touched you...

I should have thought of that!

Sidelle
01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
^^This. :)

If someone slanders you on the forums the mods will give you this:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bwShoBQgZrEDDWU5gS3QXUX8Rs7N2mbWfjt_elRXNjE/viewform

Is this a troll form? Seems so. I don't think the mods care what goes on here judging by this form.
Lol, love that form.

oldhead
01-09-2015, 01:35 AM
It's been a very... VERY long time since I have truly felt a sense of goodness in the gaming world like I have experienced on the Blue Server.

:D

Suck it red!

Swish
01-09-2015, 02:54 AM
:D

Suck it red!

Are you implying that the red community doesn't help new starters?

Everyone is welcome!