PDA

View Full Version : necromancer and SHADOW COMPACT spell

sakenagi
01-04-2015, 08:54 PM
can i cast shadow compact on 3 different people and will them 3 get healed?

oblexsis
01-04-2015, 09:28 PM
That spell line tends to have the rougly the same cast time as duration so you can only really sustain it on 1 person .

sakenagi
01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
i don't want to make another thread, but what powers does a wizard have that a magician doesn't have already?

i'm thinking of making a wizard, but why m ake it when i can nuke the same with a magician and have room for 4 epic pets.

in what ways makes a wizard better than a magician? minus the ports.

Vekonis
01-04-2015, 09:46 PM
In general wizards nukes do more damage cost less mana and they have an area effect snare and harvest. Wizards are the top spell dps nuker in eq. That's about all I know about them, others could offer more insight but that is the gist of it

sakenagi
01-04-2015, 10:01 PM
wiz Frost Shock Single Target Cold Direct Damage (Max: 187) 24 spell

mag shock of blades 186 24 spell

wiz Inferno Shock Single Target Fire Based Direct Damage (Max: 250) 135 mana 34

mag Cinder Bolt 333 Fire Projectile Direct Damage Evo. Vendor. 175 mana 34

criddopher
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
@ 60 youll nuke for 1615 with wizard, 1k with mage

wizard has root and snare, targeted AE and a 1200pt pbae
mage has no root (pet, not reliable), no snare no target ae, weak pbae
wizard ports

neither of them get groups so it comes down to do you like to quad kite or solo with your pet :p

sox7d
01-04-2015, 11:59 PM
60 wizard here.

Quad kiting
Ports
Laughably better raid DPS from joke mana efficiency and harvest.
Stuns
AFK time

SamwiseRed
01-05-2015, 12:19 AM
@ 60 youll nuke for 1615 with wizard, 1k with mage

wizard has root and snare, targeted AE and a 1200pt pbae
mage has no root (pet, not reliable), no snare no target ae, weak pbae
wizard ports

neither of them get groups so it comes down to do you like to quad kite or solo with your pet :p

mage pet will out dps most melees and even epic rogues before 55. anyone not letting a mage in their group should really run a parser, coupled with the mages own nukes and DS, i think a mage is one of the best, if not the best dps in experience groups.

criddopher
01-05-2015, 12:55 AM
\nm

Faron
01-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Those mage nukes are nice, but they will likely get a big fat resist on a dargon. Wiz spells land.

Danth
01-05-2015, 01:22 AM
mage pet will out dps most melees and even epic rogues before 55. anyone not letting a mage in their group should really run a parser, coupled with the mages own nukes and DS, i think a mage is one of the best, if not the best dps in experience groups.

Have to wonder: Between various threads, it seems that hybrids (Paladin, Ranger, Shadow Knight), Druids, Wizards, Magicians, Necromancers, and un-twinked melee in general don't get groups. So.....who's grouping? Are all the leveling groups a Warrior, a few Rogues or Monks and a Cleric?

Danth

sakenagi
01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
so in a lvl 60 dps race, the wizard will murder the magician

SamwiseRed
01-05-2015, 02:29 AM
against one mob sure but sustained dps on constant pulls no. im not talking about single target mobs or raids mobs, ofc a wiz will win, that is what they specialize in.

webrunner5
01-05-2015, 06:56 AM
A wizard gets root, so that have pretty good CC where a Mage doesn't.

But this stuff where a Wizard is going to out DPS a Mage is crap. Yeah for what like 15 seconds until the Wizard runs out of mana, and has to med for 8 minutes, while the Mage pet goes along its merry way killing the shit out of things. I will take the Mage in a group over a Wiz, any day DPS wise.

I have been in group after group where I have seen the Mage peel off a add and kill it faster solo than the rest of the group can the original mob. They are a pretty wicked class. :eek:

sakenagi
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
thanks everyone. i was really really REALLY trying to find reasons why i would start playing a wizard and how in some ways wizards will trump mages in some aspects. i'm 80% confident on what i t hink now... ;:)

Swish
01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
60 wizard here.

Maybe for 2 mobs, but rogues will kick your ass across a session ;)

Swish
01-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Have to wonder: Between various threads, it seems that hybrids (Paladin, Ranger, Shadow Knight), Druids, Wizards, Magicians, Necromancers, and un-twinked melee in general don't get groups. So.....who's grouping? Are all the leveling groups a Warrior, a few Rogues or Monks and a Cleric?

Danth

Groups? lol.

Everyone needs to level a shaman and get their A game on for TunnelQuest: Velious Edition.

If you haven't got a shaman, you can't win at TunnelQuest.

Nirgon
01-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I KS entire groups of melees on raids

/shrug

Real xp group on fear/hate is like 3 wizards each casts 3 draughts or so per mob

Mana robe away with regen or epic if ur baller

sakenagi
01-05-2015, 02:01 PM
im unable to play melee classes. the amount of moving around and micro ing isnt my thing. i like staying back and blowing things away.

i've never raided before in EQ.

are there any stats for DAMAGE DONE for raid bosses. like how world of warcraft has. i want to see top dps meters of each class with similar equivalent gear on dragon bosses. is there a website ifor that

Swish
01-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I KS entire groups of melees on raids

/shrug

Real xp group on fear/hate is like 3 wizards each casts 3 draughts or so per mob

Mana robe away with regen or epic if ur baller

That downtime tho...put 2 focused rogues in a group and they'll end up with a good chunk of the XP on raids.

SCB
01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
It's honestly like the recent flood of forumquesters don't even play.

I've stolen xp all night long in raids in an all enchanter/druid group just by coordinating nukes. If this floats your boat, a wizard + almost literally anyone else in his group will steal xp on any raid trash mob.

However, most often in a raid the only target that matters if you aren't trying to steal XP is the boss, and a Wiz will outdamage everyone on any 32k. Above 32k a mage could theoretically do more but in reality wizards nuke bosses while mages drop mod rods for clerics.

In normal group situations, mages sustain dps better than wizzies and can mod rod to keep the party going, and wizzies are better against casters and named and come with evacs. In solo situations, wizards quad and mages mow down solo pulls.

There is no micro to any class that isn't a Shaman, Bard, or Enchanter. Any of those classes can be played to some level of success with really bad levels of micro. This game peaked before high-speed internet did.

All classes are viable because almost nothing in this game is hard enough to need min/maxing and those things that would have been hard enough are things you will bring any person available to.

sakenagi
01-06-2015, 12:13 AM
a quick magician epic quest question...

how much does Shovel of Ponz items cost? when combined together. what's the going rate for that price.

SamwiseRed
01-06-2015, 12:21 AM
any mage who doesnt do this quest himself needs to get out of my face.

sakenagi
01-06-2015, 12:26 AM
i will do it, but im still level 27. im unable to kill giants yet.

if i want to get it sooner, i have to pay for the mats, and i don't know how much the whole bundle costs.

Nuktari
01-06-2015, 03:15 PM
60 wizard here.

Quad kiting
Ports
Stuns
AFK time

http://media3.giphy.com/media/gTHMVEIBWp0s/200.gif

drktmplr12
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM

Danth

pretty much.

Loke
01-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Expanding on what some other people already said, the reason wizards are better than mages in a raid setting is lure spells. Mages only have fire and magic line spells, where as wizard have fire, magic and cold. Most mobs are going to be very magic resistant, so especially in velious, not only does a Mage not have lure spells, but even their non-lures are on the same resist than a large portion of the raid mobs are resistant to. On top of that, it you're not really into the micro aspect of the game you're probably not going to be attentive enough to properly manage your pet on a raid, meaning you nukes and your pet are worthless and you essentially just turn into a mana battery/coth bot.

Mages are probably better in groups, but wizards are undoubtedly more useful on raids.

sakenagi
01-07-2015, 09:52 PM
how much big of a difference does TORCH OF ALNA give to the pet. i've been searching and i haven't found any exact answers. some say it just makes shielid stronger. some says the torch increases's the hp so it's the same as the earth elemental pet.

im so lost.... please, someone give me a link where i can find what bonuses each item piece gives to the pet.

oblexsis
01-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Sol temple focus items give +1 level to pets and make them bigger in size if i recall