PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawling With Enchanter in Velious

Gotze
01-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Hey guys! So as building up my Enchanter I was curious, do they still have the same farming ability in Velious as they do in Kunark?

Have heard a lot say that Enchanters kind of fall off during Velious in terms of the solo power they have in Kunark, and its made to seem that Shamans are the only class that can truly solo in Velious

Anyone have thoughts and opinions? Would love to hear them :) Thanks!

Skittlez
01-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Enchanters are one of the few classes that can still solo in velious. Most classes can't solo velious mobs because their HP is stupid high but with charm that doesn't matter much

webrunner5
01-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Hey guys! So as building up my Enchanter I was curious, do they still have the same farming ability in Velious as they do in Kunark?

Have heard a lot say that Enchanters kind of fall off during Velious in terms of the solo power they have in Kunark, and its made to seem that Shamans are the only class that can truly solo in Velious

Anyone have thoughts and opinions? Would love to hear them :) Thanks!

Well I would not call it fall off, but they do not gain as much as some other Classes will in Velious. So yeah I guess they go backward in a sense.

There will be a lot more resists than Kunark, a lot more Mobs that can't be Mezzed, Belly Castor Mobs raid wise, and they will hit a Lot harder. So Enchanters will die more, pretty plain and simple, and not be able to have spells stick like they did before, which is not a good thing. But so will a lot of other classes.

I remember a lot more of the top end Mobs summoned a lot so that is not a good thing compared to playing a Shaman like you stated. And even than a non Ogre Shaman is not a good thing to have when that happens either. So it is going to be a lot harder to play Velious. Non of this 30 seconds and the mob is dead stuff.

I would agree a Ogre Shaman will be top dog, no pun intended, for soloing. But I had a Druid that did pretty damn well in Velious also, but I DID bind close to where I was fighting lol.

So some classes are going to be in big demand when it comes out. Warrior, Cleric are going to be Needed not just desired. Monk gets pumped up a lot. Ranger is no slouch with soloing Animals then. And you would kill for their Tracking ability.

It still comes down to play what you like and think you could be sort of good at class wise. I can't Twist for crap now, 67 years old, hands shot, so a Bard is out of the question for me, but it will be a damn good class in Velious if you can Twist well. Just have fun, and don't worry about the small stuff. The best played, worse class on here, is a LOT better than the best, worse played class here. Applies both group wise and solo. :D

Conky
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Well I would not call it fall off, but they do not gain as much as some other Classes will in Velious. So yeah I guess they go backward in a sense.

There will be a lot more resists than Kunark, a lot more Mobs that can't be Mezzed, Belly Castor Mobs raid wise, and they will hit a Lot harder. So Enchanters will die more, pretty plain and simple, and not be able to have spells stick like they did before, which is not a good thing. But so will a lot of other classes.

I remember a lot more of the top end Mobs summoned a lot so that is not a good thing compared to playing a Shaman like you stated. And even than a non Ogre Shaman is not a good thing to have when that happens either. So it is going to be a lot harder to play Velious. Non of this 30 seconds and the mob is dead stuff.

I would agree a Ogre Shaman will be top dog, no pun intended, for soloing. But I had a Druid that did pretty damn well in Velious also, but I DID bind close to where I was fighting lol.

So some classes are going to be in big demand when it comes out. Warrior, Cleric are going to be Needed not just desired. Monk gets pumped up a lot. Ranger is no slouch with soloing Animals then. And you would kill for their Tracking ability.

It still comes down to play what you like and think you could be sort of good at class wise. I can't Twist for crap now, 67 years old, hands shot, so a Bard is out of the question for me, but it will be a damn good class in Velious if you can Twist well. Just have fun, and don't worry about the small stuff. The best played, worse class on here, is a LOT better than the best, worse played class here. Applies both group wise and solo. :D

Let me guess your main is an ogre shaman? seriously there is no mob an ogre shaman can solo that any other shaman race cant.

Nycon43
01-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Let me guess your main is an ogre shaman? seriously there is no mob an ogre shaman can solo that any other shaman class cant.

Seriously. Sick of people parroting the ogre shaman ability to solo, pretty sure I remember barbs soloing the same things in velious as troll/iksar/ogre were soloing back in the day.

indiscriminate_hater
01-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Seriously. Sick of people parroting the ogre shaman ability to solo, pretty sure I remember barbs soloing the same things in velious as troll/iksar/ogre where soloing back in the day.

Sure they can solo the same stuff, it just comes down to a different probability of survival

Conky
01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Sure they can solo the same stuff, it just comes down to a different probability of survival

I have never had a stun make the difference on whether I live or die while im soloing a mob.

indiscriminate_hater
01-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Well that's super. I'm talking about a large population, not just your personal experience. Key word here is probability

Danth
01-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Enchanters can still solo. Compared to Kunark, there's a smaller margin for error in Velious and the Enchanter will probably die more often, but ultimately it remains one of the strongest solo classes. Keep in mind most of the higher-end Kunark cash camps should retain good value in Velious, as well.

Danth

Alanus
01-01-2015, 04:16 PM
On live, I was soloing very well in Velious with my paladin. Celestial cleansing made soloing pretty feasible.

I could solo the dorfs in Thurgadin B for coldain skin boots/gloves on live, although when they fled I sometimes ran into problems

fastboy21
01-01-2015, 04:38 PM
it depends what you mean by solo'ing (talking about farming pp items? farming high end items? getting exp fastest?).

it also depends on which zones/mobs you want to go after.

velious works in tandem with kunark very well...lots of stuff that was good in kunark, remains good in velious. so being able to solo well in kunark will not be made obsolete in velious era.

webrunner5
01-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Let me guess your main is an ogre shaman? seriously there is no mob an ogre shaman can solo that any other shaman race cant.

No, it is a female Barb actually. When Velious does come out I bet I will wish I HAD made it a Ogre. No way my Barb will be as good as a Ogre will be solo. :o Toe to toe the Ogre will win on being able to hit a few times more in the fight and cast more spells also.

Tormax
01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
No, it is a female Barb actually. When Velious does come out I bet I will wish I HAD made it a Ogre. No way my Barb will be as good as a Ogre will be solo. :o Toe to toe the Ogre will win on being able to hit a few times more in the fight and cast more spells also.

With the way channeling works on this server, I doubt you will wish you made an ogre.

webrunner5
01-02-2015, 12:26 PM
With the way channeling works on this server, I doubt you will wish you made an ogre.

In Classic, Kunark zones I think you will not notice much of a difference. But in Velious when fight lasts minutes not seconds like now, it WILL make a difference. Not counting the better starting stats of the Ogre. There is a reason the Devs gave them a race XP penalty.

Trelaboon
01-03-2015, 10:42 AM

As a 60 Barbarian Shaman, I agree to this. People make way to big of a deal out of stun immunity. More than being OP, it is just less annoying. I solo'd Lodizal on my Shaman on beta (without the buff) and I've never had issues with stuns

Bohab
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
frontal stun is highly overrated. don't let the min/max wannabes fool you.

Swish
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I solo'd Lodizal on my Shaman on beta (without the buff) and I've never had issues with stuns

How many 100s of shamans will be rubbing their Spear of Fate at the chance to kill Lodi on opening night I wonder?

Tormax
01-05-2015, 12:53 PM
O.o Rub the spear!!!

Still waiting to hear what Sirken is gonna do for us early testers! Maybe a few of us shammys can get an early chance before the masses :)

Also , webrunner5, remember the old devs from verant hated the players and any advantage no matter how small will be paid with a huge price, in almost all situations.

Nirgon
01-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Blaspheming King Tormax I see

Tormax
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Blaspheming King Tormax I see

Nah, more a an Ode to KT :) My favorite Mob in my favorite Zone in my favorite Expac.

Nirgon
01-05-2015, 01:04 PM
aight