PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility vs Animals

Feathers
01-01-2015, 03:02 AM
SamwiseRed asked this question on a bug post that I submitted: What is the point of the spell Invisibility vs. Animals? Why would you ever use that over Camouflage?

Man0warr
01-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Roleplaying

Feanol
01-01-2015, 03:46 AM
Much like the Shrunken Goblin Earring, the Goblin Gazughi Ring provides an instant casting, no mana, minimal duration buff.

There are several situations in which this is useful, but they all come down to preserving more important buffs from being stripped from you in case of a dispell effect.

Otherwise, classes without spell invis can at least travel a bit safer =D

Cecily
01-01-2015, 05:20 AM
Best clicky charm break in game. Limited usefulness otherwise, but it has some purpose. I used it a bunch on raptor island when they were still considered animals. It's good for Perma pits and Kedge as well. As a cast spell, it's kinda pointless compared to sup camo though.

Wouldn't use it as a junk buff, unless you're a very cynical raiding druid, because you'd have to do nothing for it work in that regard.

Thugnuts
01-01-2015, 12:27 PM
It helps so the animals don't see you when you cast it on yourself ir something else.

Heavydrop
01-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Best clicky charm break in game. Limited usefulness otherwise, but it has some purpose... It's good for Perma pits and Kedge as well. As a cast spell, it's kinda pointless compared to sup camo though.

As an actual spell it might not be so useful but as stated before when used as the Goblin Gazughi ring it is very handy.

I've farmed and exp'd in Kedge a lot and that ring has been a great asset to me.
It breaks charm when I want it to, it allows me to move around quickly without having to tie up a spell slot or cast the spell (instant clicky) and if I am grouped or someone needs some help in there it is instant clicky targetable.

I've even thought about getting those crappy Earthen Boots from the Temple of Sol Ro for my mage (clicky invis vs. animals) for this purpose but just haven't wanted to take the time to do it.

kildone
01-01-2015, 07:23 PM
I use it to break charm. 3 seconds vs. 5 seconds of camo.

webrunner5
01-02-2015, 12:28 PM
I use it to break charm. 3 seconds vs. 5 seconds of camo.

Good advise for people to know. :cool:

Lubian
01-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Not sure how much it applies to p99, but there are instant cast clickies that can be used to instantly break charm. Useful when a bard is charm swarming, or an enchanter is reverse charming.

SamwiseRed
01-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Ok looks like the trolls weren't much help.

So invis vs animals works indoors and outdoors I believe where camo only works outdoors.

druids get superior camo that works indoors. and yes my question was for actually casting the spell, not using the gob ring clicky. i was hoping there were some animals in velious that could see thru invis but non invis vs animals or something cool like that.

Tasslehofp99
01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
invis to animals is currently broken, but...

There are mobs that see through regular invis that AREN'T supposed to see through animal invis like the Chokidai in Chardok. Currently though, they see through invis to animals. I don't think that is accurate but I can't find any evidence to support that.

Tasslehofp99
01-02-2015, 09:54 PM
druids get superior camo that works indoors. and yes my question was for actually casting the spell, not using the gob ring clicky. i was hoping there were some animals in velious that could see thru invis but non invis vs animals or something cool like that.

This is how the spell should function, even in kunark and maybe classic it was useful for certain spots. Mostly I used it to double invis through chardok since dogs were animals but saw through regular invis. It doesn't work this way on p99, though.

Messianic
01-02-2015, 11:32 PM
If you're a halfling or wood elf druid needing to break charm, just use hide.

Arclyte
01-03-2015, 12:42 AM
why in gods name would anyone play a halfling or wood elf

Tasslehofp99
01-03-2015, 01:00 AM
Halfling master race :)

webrunner5
01-03-2015, 11:08 AM
If you're a halfling or wood elf druid needing to break charm, just use hide.

Well said and a Halfling has a pretty sweet XP bonus to boot. :p

evilkorn
01-03-2015, 11:49 AM
This is how the spell should function, even in kunark and maybe classic it was useful for certain spots. Mostly I used it to double invis through chardok since dogs were animals but saw through regular invis. It doesn't work this way on p99, though.

It should have an agro component as well that, if you spammed it, would be sufficient to agro kite against any mob.

Heavydrop
01-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Halfling master race :)

We're marching to a faster pace.... Look out here comes the MASTER race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw