PDA

View Full Version : EQOA, Lords of Everquest, Champions of Norrath?

sox7d
12-29-2014, 07:41 PM
how bout those

Dillian
12-29-2014, 08:21 PM
i loved eqoa. by far my favorite ps2 game. i will play it when they are finally able to get the server up. Champions of norrath was good also for a hack and slash type of game. I think i played lords like 2 times, and i think it was a demo.

Ziggy
12-29-2014, 08:56 PM
all of these are pretty awesome

Kohedron
12-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Champions of Norrath is probably my favorite PS2 game, and I'm not even exaggerating

I tried EQOA after PoP came out and I wasn't pleased with the PC version of EQ anymore. It was interesting, but it wasn't what I had in mind

SyanideGas
12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Champions and EQOA were pretty awesome

Destron
12-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Champions was a blast until you figured out how to dupe...duping ruins games.

Breeziyo
12-30-2014, 06:53 PM
I've been really tempted to set up an emulator to play champions of norrath / return to arms lately.

I played lords of everquest and didn't understand anything about RTS. Looking at videos I don't think I'd enjoy it very much now that I know a bit more.

EQOA was fantastic and I'm sad the emu scene for it is almost non-existent.

HallyVee
12-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Only played Champions, but damn what a good game. Better than Baldur's Gate, Dark Alliance 2, which was also really good.

Herpa Derp
12-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I love CoN. That game was the shit and that's how I got my fix when I wasn't playing EQ live anymore.

I CANNA CARRY ANEH MOOOOAR.

sox7d
12-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Return to Arms had one of the few phenomenon I rarely get to experience in gaming.

Playing with a friend where his class shreds and mine sucks for a long time but then by end game, he sucks and I'm god. I was a ranger, he was a wizard.

Reminded me of when I was a brawler and my friend was a swordsman in SWG. When I made it to Teras Kasi he got a lot less cocky.

Toodles
12-31-2014, 07:31 AM
EQOA was fantastic and I'm sad the emu scene for it is almost non-existent.

Indeed, but at least you can still run around in the game world, see the sites and listen to the background music.

Definitely puts on you on a trip down memory lane.

Kimja
12-31-2014, 09:30 AM
CoN was awesome. I wish they would release it for PS3/PS4 on the PSN. I would download it for sure!

kined
01-02-2015, 11:44 AM
about a year and a half ago i had been searching far a copy of champions of norrath for ps2. every game store i went i would check for a copy, finally found one in the used bin at a game stop... every game in there was like 3-5$, but i check out the price tag and see that this one was 22$. i was shocked but i really wanted it and i figured it must be semi rare to be the only game that expensive. got it home and was pumped to play it again, but of course the game didnt work. disc looked flawless, but just did not want to play. was a huge dissapointment, i then tried using emulators but i couldnt get it to work reasonably :( i guess p1999 will have to be my only source of eq nostalgia

webrunner5
01-02-2015, 12:41 PM
I have never owned a game console. They are just too much of a money pit the way I see it. Plus a lot of them you can't use the old stuff in the newer box. Pass. :(