PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Various issues encountered by an ogre newbie

Brut
12-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Ran through the forums seeking these out, but couldn't find any of em, so here goes. Not all too sure about the very last one. =X

Feerrott - The lizardman broodlings (and other lizardman types, like scouts, foragers, watchmen and mystics) aren't dropping any lizard meats, which are returned to the Oggok guilds in multiple newbie quests. Which means no tattered armor for ogre warrior newbies. Or rusty 2handers for SKs. =(

Feerrott - The jungle spiderlings roaming near where the pok book is to be are lvl3 instead of lvl2. Quite certain about their level having been two, plus, they can use Weak Poison which I'm sure should be used by the Jungle Spiders, not the spiderlings. =X

Feerrott - Irritating as it may be, the lizardman mystics (not the lvl10ish versions on the Rathe Mtn side of the river; the lvl3-5ish ones) had a nasty tendency to PROC (not cast) some form of blind spell. Fortunate as it may be for newbie ogres who have it hard enough in Feerrott as it is, but I guess it's still a thing worth noticing that the mystics don't do what they should. =p

Feerrott - AllizeVolew and AllizeTaew factions for lizardmen weren't added until the revamp of Temple of Cazic Thule. The lizardmen were all in "LizardMan" faction. The non-broodling lizardmen keep giving me a faction hit down for Volew and an increase for Taew.

Feerrott - Outside Oggok, near the bridge, there are a bunch of lvl 4ish ogre NPCs with no real purpose, standing around a bonfire with a dwarf roasting. One more of them is standing just by the river staring towards a lizard camp on the other side. Following the road towards pok book, there's 2 more of such, and up ahead is the vendor, Bup (or Pub, not sure of his name). These should all be in the same faction, which I think is OggokCitizen (it starts Indifferent to all ogres). The lvl30ish merchants, like the two ogre damsels in the house nearest to pok book, are on OggokMerchants (or something like that), which is Warmly. These seem a bit mixed up as some of the low-level ogres are Warmly, while others are Indiff. The should all be in the Indiff one.

Oggok - Chef Dooga has a quest wherein she takes in any single Half Elf Parts, Human Parts, Erudite Parts (dropped from the hunters roaming Innothule). She gave exp and faction upon return, but despite her claim of giving me some money for my efforts, I'm repeatedly left empty handed. Not sure if money rewards in quests are a problem elsewhere, but, yeah. =p None of the other ogre quests I did (the fat alligator quest, the noble crests, the black shadow tunic) forfeits no money rewards, either, although they did hand the item rewards properly.

Oggok - Large Muddy Sandals (1ac nodrop lore footwear) can be found spawning on the floor of Brokk Boxtrippers house. I think these are for an enc epic quest or something, but they shouldn't be there in classic. Maybe it's an exploit since it's essentially free shoewear that shouldn't be there yet. =p

Oggok - Guess this is nitpicking, but the Bouncers would have dialogue whenever asked about the subjects "bouncer" or "warrior guild". Think "what bouncers" provided "Me bouncer! Me bestest smasher! Bouncers smash for Oggok! Clurg makes us and he our boss." While "where is warrior guild/what warrior guild" gave something akin to the earlier message, but they essentially replaced "bouncer" with "craknek". Something about "back in the caves" as the explanation to where the guild is (which doesn't explain much, seeing that the cave system is oggok is a horrible labyrinth =p). Can't remember. Oddly enough, even the city merchants would respond, claiming that they're bouncers too. Asking about Clurg gave the same bouncer-message. I think they actually replied to EVERY question starting with "what" by saying the "Me bouncer!"-response. They're ogres, see... They're dumb. Sorta. =p

Innothule Swamp - Troll Slayer. He normally roams arout the very middle of the swamp, but now he's not attacking anyone/anything. When hailed, he gave me the troll guard aggro "I shall pluck you limb from limb"-message immidiately followed by with whatever message it is troll guards generate when they've killed someone (something like "that's what you get with messing with da bashers", can't remember). But he didn't attack me (fortunately, I'm an ogre, but the message kinda startled me =p). Looked kinda bothersome when the troll just stands there next to some human-paladin npc not bothering to attend to any of their well-recorded racial tensions. I recall the troll being an insane undercon who'd whip people in their early lvl20s noprob, running amuck in the swamps killing everything at sight. Now he simply roams about, unarmed even, an utter pacifist.

Innothule Swamp - "a Froglok" should have a model of their own, wherein they do not wear the grey shirt and the brown shoulderpads. Topless style.

Grobb - Tthere are no froglok prisoners anywhere in the jail cells. There should at least be one in the first cell from the city entrance. From early gaming experiences I can tell that the froggies weren't kos to anyone, but if you went in their cells and attacked them, the guards would run to their aid. =p

Game Mechanics (I think?) - As a newbie, any enemies that can cast minor healing are nigh-impossible to kill. They don't have the delay pause that the player has when they finish casting, so essentially they can spam a heal, hit you for 10dmg instantly after that, cast heal again, hit and bash you again, so forth so forth. It's like fighting an enemy that CAN'T go below 20% hp. You just have to keep brawling until you either get insanely lucky and interrupt the minor healing (which has like less than 0.5sec cast time) or get a few good shots in so it starts running away. Or until you die. I've seriously found myself getting killed by a single blue con lizardman mystic even when I started fighting it at 100%, and after I had dropped below 50% it was constantly within the 20-35% hps.

Faza
12-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Just want to give you a giant +1 for all of this. The detail, etc. Excellent.

My Ogre SK got the greenblood's tunic (black shadow tunic) but that's all - all of this plus the mobs running too fast forced me to move on.

In Feerrott, you can't catch a spider that's moving, most times. They're too fast. They race to the edge of your clip plane (which is very short in that zone) and it's quite frustrating. All mobs seem fast when you have no sow, but spiders in feerrott are exceptionally fast.

nilbog
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
fixed these issues, pending update.

-Feerrott lizardmen will drop meat
-jungle spiderlings will no longer poison
-lizardman mystics will now proc darkness
-oknoggin set to 0% until epics.
-innothule-troll slayer missing levels added. he is also now the undercon he should be. faction corrected; he will now KS you properly.
-innothule- a froglok will now have the correct texture

your list is great, btw, please keep it up.

will continue working on this.

Hasbinbad
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
You musta worked on EQ?
How else do you remember these mundane but intricate details??
Awesome work!

Brut
01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Ahh, I just felt so comfy in Oggok back in live that went there like once a week to run through every NPC, so know the place quite well. ><

Few adds from the regions...

South Ro - Ortellius (sp?) doesn't answer to anything I've tried on [join the crusade]. So you just hafta ask someone about the rings or check it from the web, since he won't tell you what he wants from the dervish cutthroats.

South Ro - Seeing that Oknoggin is being removed, I guess Andad Filla from near Inno zoneline could also be. He's for the bard epic quest.

Innothule Swamp - Dark Deathsinger! Tried to kill him with an ogre lady just nows, and he was punching for 100dmg! The guy is supposed to be same lvl as rest of the bards, 25. Went there at 20 with a buddy thinking we could take him, but boy were we mistaken. Also, back in classic one should note that bard NPCs never used their songs in battle. They were just weak-as-hell warrior mobs, sorta. Now they're mezzing and fearing me left and right. Hope madame Lorena is not too angry at me for leading her to this demise... =p

Neriak Commons - Mentioned this on the respective topic, that medium ore of any form (needed for plate armor) is not sold in Neriak Commons. Rusare something was the guys name. There's a topic about it. This is really bothersome since he's the only dark race vendor who sells these, and I can't find any other way to make the blocks of medium quality ore. You can apparently make HQ ore by smelting FS weapons, so I'm not sure if there's a similiar trick somewhere, but neither EQtraders or allakhazam generated any info on this. So I had to ask a buddy to roll a lvl1 human and buy the blocks for me from Freeport. =<

Neriak Foreign Quarter - The Gobbler never responded to any questions about the HEHE meat recipe... I couldn't find much info on the quest itself, so not sure what phrase I was supposed to use, but I did find the phrase I needed to say for him to hand over the grub locker. That one worked. But he didn't respond to anything with "recipe" to explain me the whole deal about "take this to the troll in OOT". Just repeatedly rambled about what HEHE meat is.

Oggok - Ambassador K'Ryn and his Bouncer placeholder were on top of each other earlier when I tried (*grumble, grumble* ...he was at 3% hp...) to kill him for the Gatorsmash Maul quest. I guess it might have something to do with me trying to kill K'Ryn and pulling him away from his spawn spot, but I suppose even so they shouldn't be up at the same time. The bouncers should help the ambassador if they see someone fighting him, so the bouncer poppin to join him can be absolutely catastrophic to any ill-fated ogres trying to take the guy down. =p

West Karana - Hardly anything that breaks the game in any way, but... Guard Gregor in the little village near Qeynos Hills zone-in holds a sword, but doesn't drop one when killed. Allakhazam said it's a Rusty Long Sword. =X
EDIT: Oewait, he just dropped one. But still, he frequently has the sword be on his hand, but he "hits" instead, swinging his fist at you, and then doesn't drop any sword.

Butchblock Mountains - Dozens of "a lesser spirit" were up at the dwarf bandit camp. Another epic mob, for shamans. Spawns on top of the corpse of Peg Leg.

There's also alot of faction standings off. Like the gypsies in Oasis and the druid merchants in the druid rings. They don't sell to ogres. Only gypsy who does is the one who sells the shaman Vision and Blind -type spells, others were never making dealings with me. Also, I should mention that both Neriak and Grobb had some guilds that were kos to ogres. Shaman guild of Grobb was threateningly to ogre shamans, for instance. The chap standing outside the enc and mage guild area of Neriak was kos, too. There were some damn trolls in the foreiqn quarter pvp area that were also threateningly. These are kinda hard to keep track of, tho. =X

Kazzok
01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Ahh, I just felt so comfy in Oggok back in live that went there like once a week to run through every NPC, so know the place quite well. ><

I love Oggok too. But towards the end there, it made me really sad that nobody was ever there, even to kill guards :(

Thankfully, we've got p99 now, and people come to Oggok again :)

Brut
01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Bump. A couple of extras to the earlier ones (also note that updated second post ealier ons =p). Editing in case I can think of more.

Oggok - Gatorsmash Maul quest (quest is called "Crude Stein" on allakhazam). Did this from start to end; the last bit where you turn in the black hearts of ambassadors D'Vinn and K'Ryn, got a bit off reward... Stein of Moggok? Did the quest like 4 times on classic live. Always got the maul. Think this is seriously off and Imma kinda want my awesome 2hander. Should I petition? =( EDIT: Bah, Imma just get the hearts again and do it over if yous fix it. It's not like the danged inkys can hate me any more after that massacre in Crushbone castle. =X EDIT2: In the process of trying if the quest reward is random, so I'm trying to get it done again. I'd assume the maul would sell better than the stein anyway, so doubt this is any form of exploit abuse. If it is, do say so and I'll just hold the hearts in me bank till later. ><

Oggok - Same for the Emissary Glib quest with the return of the Froglok Eye Necklace. Think this is mentioned on another thread already, tho... The froggy ate it and said nothing. Killed him and he didn't even return it. The villainy. =(

Feerrott - Lizardman tails aren't dropping, either. These should drop from the higher lvl lizardmen in the Rathe Mtns -zoneline side of the river. There's 3 camps there, the spawns being either "a lizardman warrior" or "lizardman mystic". The mystics should also drop Mystic Dolls, which are like +3cha or something primary/seconday item (if I recall properly, these also dropped from the lower lvl mystics). Haven't seen a single tail or a doll on the mystics so far, cleared all the camps a couple of times (EDIT: total of 5 times so far! Still trying. =p). They shouldn't be all too rare. The tails are turned in to either warrior guild or SK guild for faction + some tattered armor or whatever, 4 at a time. Also, the mystics (also the lower lvl ones) used to drop some neck items with some +2 disease resist or something, lizardman medicine bag or whatever. Forgot the name. Not sure if the item was added later and wasn't on classic, though. Checked by giving the shm guildmaster tadpole fleshes, and he told me the quest, at least (bring a single bag and I think 3 lizardman mystic dolls). It's the same sort of Idol of whatever Initiate quest for the ogre shamans as the troll shamans have. Has a clicky Yaulp I believe.

Feerrott - Bouncer Flerb's pathing leads him into the river near the tip of the CT island, right next to one of the lizard camps. He stops there underwater, his staff swinging desperately above the surface. Hope he can breath through it. =p

Btw, the Slayer Captain in Innothule seems to be doing what the Troll Slayer ought to as an undercon... I'm not sure if he used to be one, since I've never fought him head on before... but... He's a bit too much, methinks. The dude cons light blue at 23 (figure he's late teens or summat, then) and he hit me for 70dmg at finest, until I felt a need to kite him around the swamps to finish it. So not sure if he could've hit even harder than that. Fair enough, imo. It's practically an ogre shaman quest anyway to kill him, so you don't want to go brawl head on with the guy. =p

Btw, a question about smithing. Searched the forums and folks say that cultural armor doesn't get added until after kunark (or something of those lines). Some said that dark elf cultural isn't to be found anywhere, but... Most of the ogre war and imbued recipes can be found on a forge and there's the vendor near the cultural forge of oggok who sells adamantites. So, far as I can tell, one can give it a shot, but might I assume that there's 100% chance of failing then? Even so, can't one practically use this to get above 188 blacksmithing which was classic cap?

nilbog
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Okay! To keep these readable, I'm gonna start highlighting the things that are complete or will be coming with patches.

Pending update:
-Fixed Dark Deathsinger
-Fixed Slayer Captain
-Fixed Emissary Glib quest. He will no longer eat your items.
-Fixed Gatorsmash Maul quest. You will no longer get inappropriate items.

Brut
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Swell. So, the Stein of Moggok is the only reward from the quest right now? As in, should I hold onto me hearts till the next patch? =X

Shaun421
01-11-2010, 02:22 PM
So our assistance in CB the other night turned out to not be very helpful, Brut? If you happen to see me on and need a hand breaking the spawn again let me know. Good luck getting your big stick

nilbog
01-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Swell. So, the Stein of Moggok is the only reward from the quest right now? As in, should I hold onto me hearts till the next patch? =X

The quest appeared to be 50/50 stein/GSM. I wouldn't recommend turning in any more items until next patch.

Brut
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
So our assistance in CB the other night turned out to not be very helpful, Brut? If you happen to see me on and need a hand breaking the spawn again let me know. Good luck getting your big stick
Well, trying to hit some higher lvls for the time being, so hopefully I can whip Crush and folks on my own next time around. =p

Too bad Neriak guards don't approve of this activity. Gonna hafta go squash some halflings to fix this problem.

The quest appeared to be 50/50 stein/GSM. I wouldn't recommend turning in any more items until next patch.
Roger that. =X

Brut
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Bump. The frogloks still fancy sporting their tunics. Saw just one at the swamps who didn't, and he was stationary next to the shm spell vendor on top of the hand at northeast parts of the swamp. =X In addition, troll slayer still gives the attack and defeat messages when hailed, instead of shouting them when he aggros someone or kills someone.

Btw, South Karana's tesch mas gnolls. these guys used to have some swank messages, like "My comrades will avenge my death" upon dying, and "I will teach you to interfere with me, Target" when taunted. Also, I got some vague recollection that they didn't give any faction hits (maybe only the faction down for Splitpaw gnolls), as in that you'd have to do Blackburrow to work QeynosGuards faction. Would need confirmation from elsewhere on that.

Malrubius
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM

Just to be real clear here - this quest should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER result in the Stein of Moggok. SoM is the result of a long, involved, primarily-chanter quest.

The quest being discussed in this thread can result in either the Gatorsmash Maul *or* the CRUDE stein. 50/50 sounds about right.

This quest is referred to on Alla's as the Crude Stein quest (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=289). This quest has nothing to do with the Stein of Moggok.

Brut
01-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Just to be real clear here - this quest should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER result in the Stein of Moggok. SoM is the result of a long, involved, primarily-chanter quest.

The quest being discussed in this thread can result in either the Gatorsmash Maul *or* the CRUDE stein. 50/50 sounds about right.

This quest is referred to on Alla's as the Crude Stein quest (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=289). This quest has nothing to do with the Stein of Moggok.
Yea, the Maul is meant to be 100% reward. There's some rumor on alla that you might get A Crude Stein at the turn-in, but that's actually the reward you get for turning in the Orc Runner message earlier on in Lork's quests leading to this.

Can encs and such do this, btw? I mean, it's the warrior's guild in oggok, so I'd assume you'd have to have some amiably or higher to actually get the quest done?

Malrubius
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Chanters can do most quests in the game that aren't tied to a particular class or religion. This is because of their illusions (they can BE an Ogre afterall) and faction adjusting spells (which are currently broken on P1999).

Crude Stein is actually a decent chanter item due to it's CHA, but I think it was obtained most often by killing Bouncer Hurd.

You may be right about the chance of the maul being rewarded for this quest (vs. CRUDE Stein). Here is what Allakhazam says about the quest reward...

The reward varies and is often bad (patchwork armor, for example). You'll rarely get a Crude Stein or Gatorsmash Maul.

...but they've been known to be wrong before.

Brut
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, like I said, did it at least four times on classic live and got the maul every single time. Alot of the comments on the quest at alla also suggest that they too got it every time.

nilbog
04-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Pending update:

- innothule frogloks will now use the "tunicless" model.
- troll slayer combat text fixed.
- Fixed Ortallius quest text and hails. was completely wrong. http://www.tokyo2001.com/game/eq/quest/sro/sro02.html
- guard gregor loot fixed

nilbog
04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Nothing wrong with Chef Dooga human, high elf, and erudite parts, that I can tell.

Still highlighting things off your list as I fix them.

Brut
04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Nothing wrong with Chef Dooga human, high elf, and erudite parts, that I can tell.
Awh, yeah. Chances are I missed out on the reward text back in the day as it was kind of unnoticable and I think it went to a different chat window. Maybe I was expecting it to appear right under the "You gain experience" and didn't pay attention. >< But yeh, it works nows.

Also, to add something... In Innothule swamp Lynuga seems to be another gigantic undercon. She was meleeing me for 120s or higher, and cons I believe green at 50 (being a lvl32 mob according to alla).

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3792

Although on Illia description they suggest that she hits hard, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. =X One post at the quest page at least someone comments that she hits up to 77 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=39&page=1&howmany=50#m98856297691294). Also, while doing the Jewel Collection quest, she gives faction up with BrokenSkull and faction down with DaBashers. Should also give you a faction down with ShadowknightsofKnightkeep (SK guild of Grobb, should also go up if you kill her.. not sure if it did here, killed her twice months ago, could try it out later today).

EDIT: Got faction hit up with Shadowknights. She punched max 129.

Vanech
04-02-2010, 06:03 AM
I would like to just give a huge thanks to Brut for their work trying to get things right for the fatties (troll/ogre) this level of bug stamping needs to be replicated by everyone who truly wishes for this server to be as best as it can be!

nilbog
04-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Feerrott - AllizeVolew and AllizeTaew factions for lizardmen weren't added until the revamp of Temple of Cazic Thule. The lizardmen were all in "LizardMan" faction. The non-broodling lizardmen keep giving me a faction hit down for Volew and an increase for Taew.

Only the ones in Feerrott? Cause the ones in CT definitely had hits.
http://www.eqlunareclipse.com/images/spiff/01031-lizard_carnage.jpg

Brut
04-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Mmmm not sure of CT, never managed to visit there before they revamped it. ><

Buuuut I recall the broodlings and such being merely LizardMan-faction. On live the hatchlings still remained on this faction after the feerrott ones got their new factions. Most of the rathe mnt lizards are on this faction (lizardman mystic on allizes)... Which start off as indifferent even to ogres, they were pretty much kos from the get-go. Far as I can recall the broodlings started giving the aggro-message "errr die soft-skin" at the same time as the factions were added in; later they also made the lvl1 lizards non-kos to all to make it less painful for ogre newbies (and tossed in roaming lvl5 bears to the newbie area lolSoE).

Can't find any comments or nothing anywhere regarding this, tho. Just ramblings of what AllizeTae and AllizeVolew reads backwards. =(

Could be just hazy memories. Think the revamp was 2002, but the posts about allize faction hits are earliest from 2000.

dojo420
04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
...Also, back in classic one should note that bard NPCs never used their songs in battle. They were just weak-as-hell warrior mobs, sorta. Now they're mezzing and fearing me left and right. Hope madame Lorena is not too angry at me for leading her to this demise... =p...
i mentioned the same thing in my thread about the Highkeep Nobles / Bards. good to see others remember bards not "singing"/casting aswell. bard npc's fearing / mezzing etc makes them really hard compared to live back in the day. they used to be great xp for people in their 40s / low 50s but on p99 i have to stay clear of them which only leaves the 2 noble spawns and reduces possible xp/h in Highkeep.

Sundawg
05-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Feerrott - Outside Oggok, near the bridge, there are a bunch of lvl 4ish ogre NPCs with no real purpose, standing around a bonfire with a dwarf roasting. One more of them is standing just by the river staring towards a lizard camp on the other side. Following the road towards pok book, there's 2 more of such, and up ahead is the vendor, Bup (or Pub, not sure of his name). These should all be in the same faction, which I think is OggokCitizen (it starts Indifferent to all ogres). The lvl30ish merchants, like the two ogre damsels in the house nearest to pok book, are on OggokMerchants (or something like that), which is Warmly. These seem a bit mixed up as some of the low-level ogres are Warmly, while others are Indiff. The should all be in the Indiff one.

Went through these and fixed them as needed. I am sure it was a bug on sonys part, but they should be indifferent to everyone now.

Fixed pending update.

Alunova
05-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Feerrott - Bouncer Flerb's pathing leads him into the river near the tip of the CT island, right next to one of the lizard camps. He stops there underwater, his staff swinging desperately above the surface. Hope he can breath through it. =p

Fixed, pending update.

TWDL_Prexus
05-16-2013, 08:57 AM
While you are fixing Oggok. The bouncers inside do not dual wield. The ones who should drop the two 1handed weapons like they would be, but use weapon and shield instead. Leveled my warrior here pre-kunark and the dual wielders used to beat me up pretty good.