PDA

View Full Version : Dex for rogue?

buurd
12-24-2014, 04:40 AM
does someone know (other than what is supposed to be) if dex is important for rogue, if i dont have a proc weapon at the moment

Mentathiel
12-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Most guides suggest getting Strength up, since rogues are a DPS class and need to do as much damage as they can. On the other hand, dex comes with a lot of rogue gear even right back at the start.

Dex helps you to improve certain skills and let's be honest; rogues get a lot of dex-based skills. While you will probably save up some training points to get backstab up, skills like double-attack (which you get at level 16) and dual-wield (13) will take a while to skill up in the field unless you have a decent dex. Better dex means you get up to full combat-readiness faster after gaining a new skill.

hammertime7795
12-24-2014, 10:18 AM
At some point rogues get atk from dex but I'm not sure when that started. It may have been classic it may have been later on.

Cecily
12-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Dex, not even once.

does someone know (other than what is supposed to be) if dex is important for rogue, if i dont have a proc weapon at the moment

No.

Cecily
12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Dex helps you to improve certain skills and let's be honest; rogues get a lot of dex-based skills. While you will probably save up some training points to get backstab up, skills like double-attack (which you get at level 16) and dual-wield (13) will take a while to skill up in the field unless you have a decent dex. Better dex means you get up to full combat-readiness faster after gaining a new skill.

No.

Cecily
12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
At some point rogues get atk from dex but I'm not sure when that started. It may have been classic it may have been later on.

No.

Infectious
12-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Str, Sta, Agi, hp and ac are the only thing important. Go all out Str, then build a set of hp gear for raids when your max str from buffs and can drop str items.

Cecily
12-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Dex is only good for fletching and poison making skill ups. Do not waste a shaman's mana asking for a Dex buff (unless you're on snare duty god help you.) Do not actively gear for it. By 60, you'll have a ton of Dex you geared up passively. Use that and a medium sized pile of platinum to cap out your poison.

Str, Sta, Agi, hp and ac are the only thing important. Go all out Str, then build a set of hp gear for raids when your max str from buffs and can drop str items.

I'd say the same thing about Agi, honestly. Str, Sta, HP, Resists. Better gear will have better AC, but it's not a priority stat.

SyanideGas
12-24-2014, 05:18 PM
I never worried about dex, im not procing shit unless I want to die.
Strength>Stam/HP>Resists is definitely the smartest route.

Mentathiel
12-24-2014, 07:28 PM
I have never deliberately buffed my dex, but I am not overly worried that dex gets added to rogue gear for the reasons I listed.

But I did add dex back at creation, even in spite of the advice of my betters, and regret it...

Bodybagger
12-26-2014, 02:34 PM
I remember people stacking dex on live to improve critical/backstabs... but that was well down the line like luclin/pop era and who knows if it even did anything then... I was always a barbarian rogue and always rolled around with max str/stam and gave no fucks about agi/dex and did very well for it.

as for p99, I wouldn't touch anything but strength gear intentionally... haste, strength, higher dmg weapons best 3 ways to deal more dps (if not only 3 ways?) rest is survivability stats.

Laberintica
12-31-2014, 05:48 PM