PDA

View Full Version : Surnames

JuthroTull
12-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Are we allowed to have "The _____" as a surname? Ex. Irkalla The Doomed.

khanable
12-23-2014, 02:32 PM
no

triad
12-23-2014, 02:32 PM
only given by gms for events ..may be wrong

Destron
12-23-2014, 02:58 PM
OP was surely going to go for "The Troll"

Jimjam
12-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Irkalla The Denied

Thulack
12-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I tried for "Bongs the Trader" many times and each time Sirks or Derubael killed off a little part of me when they would say no.

Swish
12-23-2014, 08:12 PM
OP was surely going to go for "The Troll"

http://i.imgur.com/Eq5KCWG.gif

Laughed more than I should have :rolleyes:

FatMice
12-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Swish, you're my hero. I love your sig at the moment. Cat Holiday Gift Gif!

Lictor
12-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Only 8 year olds have surnames

maximum
12-25-2014, 12:50 PM
I had a RL friend who had a blank surname in Velious Classic. It was actually some kind of underscore or apostrophe visible in the character window. As a result, his name plate was off-center (and it was pretty damn unique). Anyone else remember this?

I tried using a ` and ' in the /surname tool, but it didn't work. Maybe a limitation of Titanium Client.

Thulack
12-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I had a RL friend who had a blank surname in Velious Classic. It was actually some kind of underscore or apostrophe visible in the character window. As a result, his name plate was off-center (and it was pretty damn unique). Anyone else remember this?

I tried using a ` and ' in the /surname tool, but it didn't work. Maybe a limitation of Titanium Client.

it's happened on p99 a few times to people. have to petition to get it cleared to actually make a new surname.

Infectious
12-25-2014, 06:53 PM
If petitioned in classic, they would put a " ' " in your surname. I used to have a sk named Mobb Of'Grobb during classic/kunark on tz.

Argh
12-25-2014, 06:55 PM

This happens to people who ask to get their surname changed too often. It's used to note that the person won't be getting a new surname ever again.

bloodmuffin
12-25-2014, 07:31 PM

This is what happens when they removed your surname it would be an underscore because they couldn't put blank as your surname due to the way they implemented GM commands. ( something like #change <target> surname "" would just error out, instead they used "_".

This happens to people who ask to get their surname changed too often. It's used to note that the person won't be getting a new surname ever again.

Edit: purely anecdotal but I had my surnamed removed due to inappropriate context or whatever, they told me to petition because the blank was just a placeholder. I petitioned and had it changed later on and had no problems.

Herpa Derp
12-26-2014, 05:09 AM
IDK, if GM's ever want to make it so you couldn't have a surname I'm pretty sure they just removed the ability for the command to work. For example when I try and put in a surname on live I get the message, "You have had your ability to have a surname removed."

That was around PoP though, Velious was probably a totally different animal.

Sirken
12-26-2014, 07:48 AM
only given by gms for events ..may be wrong

not wrong.

we dont allow titles as surnames

;)

Shinko
12-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Shinko the Defiler
Imba the Great

care to expain sirken?

Byrjun
12-28-2014, 01:36 PM

There is/was a gnome mage on P99 named Misaligned with a bunch of blank spaces as his surname. It made more sense back when the guild tag was below the player name, as it put his name "Misaligned" to the left of his guild tag.

Pretty clever, but the joke lost a lot of value when they put the guild tag on the same line as the character name.