View Full Version : Bard PoV Faydedar

Getsmurfed
12-23-2014, 04:18 AM
Out of range to attack, damage is so small it doesn't matter #justbardthings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuoNY5uTTP0

<Divinity> doing more, with less.

zanderklocke
12-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Why two percussion songs with no drum equipped?! You're not maximizing resists!

stakha
12-23-2014, 07:12 AM
Didn't want to nerf his dps any further

falkun
12-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Why two percussion songs with no drum equipped?! You're not maximizing resists!

Why do you need to maximize resists? With the new 255 cap you can sing Elemental + Guardian for 60MR, then add in null pot (25MR) and GRM (55MR) and you only need 115 unbuffed MR to max out without percussion. Your DPS is still terrible, but resist caps altered a lot of gearing philosophies. Epic still the best solution though, dat singing mod.

khanable
12-23-2014, 09:24 AM
how the hell do you see anything with your UI like that?!

anyways, grats on the kill!

Daldaen
12-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Why do you need to maximize resists? With the new 255 cap you can sing Elemental + Guardian for 60MR, then add in null pot (25MR) and GRM (55MR) and you only need 115 unbuffed MR to max out without percussion. Your DPS is still terrible, but resist caps altered a lot of gearing philosophies. Epic still the best solution though, dat singing mod.

Altered to make more classic.

I was so tired of the BS of having 200 buffed MR with no bard, having to devote nearly every slot of gear to MR and still getting feared over half the time.

Praise the classic 255 cap. Bards aren't nearly as required and come Velious it will be even better $$$.

Getsmurfed
12-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I would normally be using drums. But I hit resist cap w/ just one song. Was playing percussion just because of the Fire AE. Using epic makes me a lazy bard, but I was still 70+ MR over 255.

zanderklocke
12-23-2014, 06:25 PM

But how do you know if others have a null pot or MR gear on?!

No, but seriously, if you're easily capping MR with one song might as well do a psalm if have epic equipped, but I guess it depends on your gear and how much gear everyone else has. The drum just adds most fire and MR overall...obviously MR easy to cap but FR not as easy since most people don't have fire resist gear. So perhaps epic is okay for both percussion songs since it's adding enough FR and MR overall to group based on their buffs and gear. I'm wondering if their FR was capped.

However, I will admit I am a loser for wondering these things.

I will say that it's not as cut and dry anymore on raids based on what gear your group has if you are trying to max two resists at once. However, it'll be sweet when we get drums of the beast and epic works in offhand.

khanable
12-23-2014, 07:26 PM
But how do you know if others have a bull

Try to milk it and see if it gets angry.

webrunner5
12-24-2014, 07:20 AM
how the hell do you see anything with your UI like that?!

anyways, grats on the kill!

I think my Druid UI is pretty much like that and even worse lol. :(

Tankdan
12-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Play Click Keys enabled makes me want to shoot myself.