PDA

View Full Version : Non-Ogre Wars in Velious

gobbosnobbo
12-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Any chance at them raid tanking in velious?

pharmakos
12-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Furor was a human warrior

just sayin

khanable
12-22-2014, 12:57 AM
Of course

Gimp
12-22-2014, 01:24 AM
my velious guild had a wood elf MT.

he was the best lookin war this side of the mississippi

Zarzob
12-22-2014, 08:11 AM
stand there
activate disciplines
?
profit

Daldaen
12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Ogre Warriors really aren't that awesome.

With Velious gear and buffs you Max out stats so their innate stats are less important
Frontal stun immunity is rather irrelevant for a class with no spells. The amount of time you spend stunned is extremely negligible DPS in the long run.

Infact, come Velious, with harder mobs, you will want more CHA for Divine Intervention as that becomes more important and it turns out Ogre Warriors have the worst innate CHA.

Nothing will require an ogre. No solo fight will require an ogre shaman, no pull will require an ogre shadowknight and no boss will require an ogre warrior tank. Frontal stun immunity isn't as good as people make it out to be. Just play better.

hammertime7795
12-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Frontal stun immunity is that good, its by no means required though. Frontal stun immunity does not stop bash from interrupting you. Even if you have rune on and are bashed you can be interrupted If you are DA and bashed from behind you can still be stunned. Ogres will always be the master race for warriors on this server. Play what you like though you will not be super gimped by any race.

hammertime7795
12-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Furor was a human warrior

just sayin

Furor was also not a great warrior. Was not even the best in the guild let alone on the server.

Veleria
12-23-2014, 01:54 AM
In reality, it is unlikely that someone starting today is gonna hanv the obsession needed to become top anything on the server. Rather than worry about being the best, worry about being good enough. Currently any race is good enough with a decent player behind it.

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 08:48 AM
In reality, it is unlikely that someone starting today is gonna hanv the obsession needed to become top anything on the server. Rather than worry about being the best, worry about being good enough. Currently any race is good enough with a decent player behind it.

Yes and no. I did not come here until a couple months ago but I'm a hard core player. I do agree though that any warrior race can get the job done. All have pros and cons. Ogre is still the min/max race though is all I'm saying. Play what looks good to you. Play what looks fun. In the long run its not going to make or break you either way. I have a warrior I'm lvling to 52 for classic dragons that is a halfling because I find it amusing! Its a game, have fun.

If you make a necro though Iksar is superior. That is probably the one that matters the most of all class/race combos and non iksar necros still kick ass so even that is not a sink or swim situation.

captnamazing
12-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Ogres will have less of an advantage over all other races as stats level out with new gear. Frontal stun immunity will be the only factor, aside from marked size.

I tank dragons now, and will continue doing so in Velious.