PDA

View Full Version : p99 oversaturated with clerics?

gobbosnobbo
12-21-2014, 08:24 PM
You'd think they'd be rare, but they're not. Theres probably even too many now.

Conscript
12-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Tell that to the Enchanters

Red_Messiah
12-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Red needs more clerics if you're struggling to find groups and would rather be healing in a group pvp situation

Pint
12-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Wtt some of our monks for some of your clerics

iruinedyourday
12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Wtt some of our monks for some of your clerics

the asgard monk army will never die.. we will monk only raid one day! the dream is real!

Rayzor84
12-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Idk. But every time I make a char it ends up that it's an over saturated char. First it was my monk, then most popular class of any zone was monks. Rolled a chanter, now it's chanters. 25% of the MM population yesterday was enchanters. Makes it basically impossible to find a group, who wants a ton of chanters in group? At 21 my charms aren't effective there yet, otherwise I'd be buffing, cc'ing and dps via charm all in one. Most other chanters my level don't do that though, they shield and choke which is stupid as shit.
It'll be easier when I'm at a better level for charm solo. Any suggestions at 21?

Toxoplasma

Diogene
12-22-2014, 06:46 AM
21 sucks as a chanter. And yes too many chanters, too many clerics, too many rogues, too many anything. We should all be baking or brewing instead of this non sense. And chill out with a barbecue in Karanas for once.

webrunner5
12-22-2014, 07:23 AM
If you want to roll a Cleric go for it. When Velious comes out people will kill for a Cleric. Mobs hit a ton compared to now and fights will last way longer than the 30 second stuff on here now. No other healer class will be able to keep up with the heals like a mana efficient class a Cleric is.

And they are not too bad at solo with un dead either with some damn good gear. And I have Tanked at times as a Cleric in groups when there is another healer in the group. Damn near as good as a Paladin. They don't have a ton of DPS but most other Tanks really don't either.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-22-2014, 07:31 AM
the asgard monk army will never die.. we will monk only raid one day! the dream is real!

Complete Mend Ftw

Orruar
12-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Idk. But every time I make a char it ends up that it's an over saturated char. First it was my monk, then most popular class of any zone was monks. Rolled a chanter, now it's chanters. 25% of the MM population yesterday was enchanters. Makes it basically impossible to find a group, who wants a ton of chanters in group? At 21 my charms aren't effective there yet, otherwise I'd be buffing, cc'ing and dps via charm all in one. Most other chanters my level don't do that though, they shield and choke which is stupid as shit.
It'll be easier when I'm at a better level for charm solo. Any suggestions at 21?

Toxoplasma

Make a paladin.

Rayzor84
12-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Make a paladin.

I don't know about that lol.

webrunner5
12-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Well they will be more need in Velious than Kunark. People will Die more often so 90% Rez will help, and they make pretty good pullers, but their DPS will still suck. But overall groups WILL need a real Tank, not a Bard or a Ranger. :eek:

Velerin
12-22-2014, 01:25 PM
There's always more of something out there when you're actively looking for it. (ie. buy a new car then all the sudden you start seeing the same car all over the place)

Vicatin
12-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Every 50+ group needs one. Every other class can be sub'd with an alternative.

Never too many clerics.

hammertime7795
12-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Clerics have always been one of the most popular classes as they are required for almost everything group and raid. For raids you need more of them than any other class. You may have more of class x than clerics but you need the clerics.

Seems like bards are the only class there are not tons of. Wizards seem a little lowish to me as well.

feanan
12-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Trust me, after 4 years in kunark, there is a ton of everything. And every class you think there isn't a ton of? There is.

Rayzor84
12-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Trust me, after 4 years in kunark, there is a ton of everything. And every class you think there isn't a ton of? There is.

That's true.

I thought of making a paladin but after my iksar monk I'm about done with experience penalties.

Tankdan
12-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Please go raid Velious on Beta and tell me there's too many clerics.

Itap
12-22-2014, 03:17 PM
If you make a paladin/ranger, you won't ever, ever have that problem

Jimjam
12-22-2014, 04:11 PM
There are too many of the power classes? Quelle surprise!

ArumTP
12-22-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm remembering something like 10 cleric complete heal chains for tormax. This excess clerics will be needed when winter comes

Nisei
12-22-2014, 11:13 PM

Toxoplasma

I pretty much leveled solo/duo since 20 on my Enchanter. Get a static cleric partner and watch the exp flow.

Aeaolena
12-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Clerics are going to be the prettiest belle's at the ball when Velious comes out.

My live guild basically kept trying targets until "too many of our clerics logged". It was a bunch of pressure and burn-out was high, but you were indeed the most valuable class to raiding guilds.

Guilds are going to be headhunting each others clerics when the snow starts to fall.

Mark my word.

Swish
12-23-2014, 10:53 AM
My old cleric can be charmed for a lucrative Velious pixel package, send PM

rsloans84
12-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I gotta 30ish clr and i hardly ever get grps in less than 3 hours...its retarded

Pint
12-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Guilds are going to be headhunting each others clerics when the snow starts to fall.

Mark my word.

You bastards stay away from asgards clerics

Daldaen
12-23-2014, 07:54 PM
I gotta 30ish clr and i hardly ever get grps in less than 3 hours...its retarded

30ish clerics level faster by soloing unrest than they do by grouping.

Once you're 40 there are tons of group offers though.