PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Cat o'Nine Tails

AexDestroy
09-17-2010, 03:47 AM
I hate to do it, because I've enjoyed its overpoweredness so far on this server.
But I was just lookin through archives of items and found that this thing used to be a bit worse.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010708040357/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/graphics10/Catoninetails.jpg

Uthgaard
09-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Fixed, pending update.

guineapig
09-17-2010, 11:06 AM
hmph... In any case I only use it for the proc then switch weapons.

With this nerf it will proc more quickly for me. :)

Ryujee
09-18-2010, 03:15 PM
plus now it has a lvl 20 requirement to proc, i r sad panda :(

Ridic
09-18-2010, 10:56 PM
hmph... In any case I only use it for the proc then switch weapons.

With this nerf it will proc more quickly for me. :)

Atk Dly doesn't effect proc rates? I was told this several times.

hueylewis187
09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Not sure on proc / delays. Certain weapons seem to proc more often than others. Someone would have to run tests of all sorts of weapons to figure it out. On This Server. Nothing on live would count. Or memories from live.

guineapig
09-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Atk Dly doesn't effect proc rates? I was told this several times.

It does effect proc delay. Specifically the slower your weapon, the more often it procs statistically speaking.

In the case of the whip, sure you might have it proc more often in a single fight (before the nerf), but in theory it should proc more quickly the first time (post nerf). This is of course on average, as everything in the game is an imaginary dice roll. There is always a chance to proc with anything on the first swing and a chance of not getting a single proc all fight. (Hence why you have to run tests for long periods of time and compare averages.)

Considering it's long duration buff that the whip procs, it really doesn't matter how often it procs as it's almost guaranteed to proc your first or second fight. After that, who cares?