PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Hakun
12-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Old Eq veteran here, who have not played in the last 10 years now signing back in!

So about 2 weeks ago I found out about project 1999, bought a way overpriced titanium edition, created an account and made an Iksar shaman, who just dinged level 7. Over this short time I have manage to de-level 4 times, got stuck in some cave under Cabilis and spent 20 minutes trying to get up a ladder in one of the towers in the shaman guild house. But I have also learned some valuable lessons:

1. No the high level mobs will not stop chasing you before you zone.
2. Exp is slow even at the low levels.
3. Spells are very expensive.
4. Eq is hard and unforgiving for an untwinked low level caster.
5. No the high level mob has not stoped chasing you I promise!

To sumarize it is wonderfull to be back in pre-Luclin Norath again!

Very well done devs!

Feathers
12-15-2014, 12:19 AM
I think they have done a great job as well. I just started up and THIS is the EQ experience I've been craving :)

cormag
12-15-2014, 01:36 AM
I think they have done a great job as well. I just started up and THIS is the EQ experience I've been craving :)

It hurts so good

Shaniril
12-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Welcome back to the EQ pain-train :) Enjoy your stay~

Darkwinter
12-15-2014, 01:20 PM
I just turned level 8 last night on my Iksar necro, and there is a world of difference between 7 and 8. I got a new pet and dark pact.

Even though my pet is stealing 50% XP most kills, I can kill non stop. Soon I will get more damage spells, and the pet won't steal any more. I'm actually leveling about 400% faster than level 7 took to do. Level 7 was just brutal.

So I feel like I have finally turned a corner, and it all comes from more spells available. If you are low level, hang in there. Find a way, but hang in there.