PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Thursday September 16th

Rogean
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Code Only
Rogean: Crash Fixes
Rogean: Fixed Bard songs interrupted when sitting/crouching.
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.
Haynar: Meditate skill will no longer show up at the GM trainer if the skill should be unavailable to train.
Haynar: Eye of Zomm will now open doors.
Haynar: Only one tradeskill will now be allowed to exceed 200 unless you have the appropriate AAs. But AAs are not enabled. So you do the math.
Haynar: Vah Shir language should no longer be trainable.
Haynar: Bard sitting mana regen has been adjusted. They were regening way more than they should have sitting. This is a classic adjustment.
Haynar: Being thristy should now update mana properly on the client.
Haynar: Mana regen from spells and items should now function while thirsty.
Haynar: Invis/Hide bug fix
Haynar: Removed Bash for clerics (set to 0 at all levels)
Haynar: Updated SK meditate skill at level 1
Haynar: Updated Bard meditate skill, so it will not show up until level 10
Haynar: Trade Sync Fixes

Attention: If you have any tradeskill over 200

Until the next code update, avoid attempting any non-trivial tradeskill combine in any tradeskill. It will reset you to 200, even if you only have one above specialization level.

Virtuosos
09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
oh fuck....pet classes are gonna screw their factions up in a heartbeat if they dont see this lol

but, why did this get changed? i firmly believe seeing people use pets to kill mobs all the time and avoid faction hits

h0tr0d (shaere)
wheeeeeeeeeeeee

So eye of zomm can open locked doors, like najena's room? have to kill me a stone spider!

Kender
Code Only
Haynar: Invis/Hide bug fix

Does this have anything to do with why i got attacked when stealthed and hidden as a rogue, conning a goblin which said indifferent only to be attacked by that same goblin 10 seconds later when i got within agro range?

Falisaty
09-16-2010, 04:07 PM

since when is this classic?

Bones
09-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Does this have anything to do with why i got attacked when stealthed and hidden as a rogue, conning a goblin which said indifferent only to be attacked by that same goblin 10 seconds later when i got within agro range?
I hope so, and thanks for verifying that I'm not insane! This happens to me all the time on my rogue alt, but nobody believes me.

Virtuosos
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I hope so, and thanks for verifying that I'm not insane! This happens to me all the time on my rogue alt, but nobody believes me.

thats because we can see right through you.....

:rolleyes:

Kizzik
09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
FYI my bash skill still shows as 100, although I haven't had a chance to try it since the patch.

Kizzik
09-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Cleric bash still works.

Rogean
09-16-2010, 04:59 PM
That may have been a database change, which wasn't patched yet.

Lostprophets
09-16-2010, 05:02 PM

yeah really, when has this been classic?!

Otto
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?

nilbog
09-16-2010, 05:22 PM

yeah really, when has this been classic?!

Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.

Harrison
09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?

It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.

Lazortag
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.

Yeah I agree with this. This is kind of a situation where we would need to provide proof that it's not classic instead of the other way around, because it's kind of abusive and so if we're uncertain of it's classic-ness, we should err on the side of not allowing you to kill guards from a city forever without losing faction. Just my two cents (coppers?)

Also:

#
# Haynar: Bard sitting mana regen has been adjusted. They were regening way more than they should have sitting. This is a classic adjustment.

This means Bards should regen exactly 2 mana per tick now while sitting, correct?

Kender
09-16-2010, 06:24 PM

nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.

Falisaty
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM

aye u are talking about kunark era not Classic pre kunark i remember in classic my friends mage killin guards with no faction loss

im still lookin for patch notes ref them patching pet faction

Otto
09-16-2010, 06:45 PM
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.

You'll have to re-read what I typed. I didn't say anything about it being fixed long ago, I stated that it is a user error, not a game mechanics error.

nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.

There are plenty of other reasons why right clicking may have dropped your hide- Yes it should tell you, but it doesn't.

zianlo1
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Paineel guards dont give faction hits though, right? Since they're undead and all...Plus, the faction hit wasnt added to them til at least velious era, right? =D

Rais
09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Question. At what date are up "up to" on the Classic eq time table. I have found patch notes from when Sky opened and such. Some things haven't been changed as far as I can tell, nor have seen in any of the patches we have had.

(edit) here is the link where I'm checking out the different patches.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001017075539/everquest.station.sony.com/n_archives.html

Wenai
09-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Paineel guards dont give faction hits though, right? Since they're undead and all...Plus, the faction hit wasnt added to them til at least velious era, right? =D
There is no associated faction hit ever with paineel guards.

yaeger
09-16-2010, 08:21 PM
aye u are talking about kunark era not Classic pre kunark i remember in classic my friends mage killin guards with no faction loss

im still lookin for patch notes ref them patching pet faction

It's a good change.

Seems to be more of a bug fix than a purist "Classic" thing.

stefblac
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey, the new patch knocked my JC from 270 back to 200. I just spent the last week skilling up, does it mean I have to start again?

Omnimorph
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey, the new patch knocked my JC from 270 back to 200. I just spent the last week skilling up, does it mean I have to start again?

Read my post in the bug section and uthgaard's reply.

Pescador
09-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Just confirmed that bard songs are still interrupted if you sit or crouch after beginning to cast them. If these changes are supposed to be active now, just letting you know that this appears to still be unresolved.

krforrester
09-16-2010, 10:57 PM
If you are changing pet faction, how about making pets neutral while you are at it. Nothing worse than walking through a zone with greenies that all agro your pet.

Lazortag
09-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Question. At what date are up "up to" on the Classic eq time table. I have found patch notes from when Sky opened and such. Some things haven't been changed as far as I can tell, nor have seen in any of the patches we have had.

(edit) here is the link where I'm checking out the different patches.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001017075539/everquest.station.sony.com/n_archives.html

I posted the link to the Sky Patch notes in the Bugs forum and Uthgaard gave a very thorough response showing that about 99% of it was already in place. One thing that wasn't in place I believe was the increased damage on Harm Touch, but for some reason I can't fathom, no SK has stepped forward with evidence of how much damage HT did after level 40.

edit: here's the thread, with Uthgaard's response lower down: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15674

Uthgaard
09-17-2010, 12:34 AM
This means Bards should regen exactly 2 mana per tick now while sitting, correct?

If this is working correctly, it should be 1 mana per tick at all times. It takes 12 meditate skill per point of mana. The 10 meditate was only to speed up memorization times.

Virtuosos
09-17-2010, 12:36 AM
<----remembers watching people kill lucan with pets only for no faction....

<-----remembers wondering why people would be able to sit in a full camp in uguk and use pets to kill mobs without getting hit for faction

<----remembers extremely vividly watching my friend kill his first guard on his mage and proudly exclaim that it didnt hurt faction as i sat there in disbelief as i did get faction hit for healing his pet

i ALSO remember this changing in some point after kunark, i dont know if it was immediately from kunark or not but i know this was definately not put in to classic.

Uthgaard
09-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Attention: If you have any tradeskill over 200

Until the next code update, avoid attempting any non-trivial tradeskill combine in any tradeskill. It will reset you to 200, even if you only have one above specialization level.

astuce999
09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
If this is working correctly, it should be 1 mana per tick at all times. It takes 12 meditate skill per point of mana. The 10 meditate was only to speed up memorization times.

Bards gain 1 mana per tick at all times, but if they are sitting, they gain an additional 1 mana per tick, for a total of 2 mana per tick. It has nothing to do with meditate, any casting class gains more mana while sitting than standing prior to having meditate.

It is indeed true that bard gained meditate solely for speeding up memorization times for songs.

cheers!

Uthgaard
09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
This is true. Thanks for clarifying that oversight.

Virtuosos
09-17-2010, 08:08 PM
so? any news on reversing the switch for pets? nilbogs only memory comes from after kunark was released where as i know a fair amount of people with distinct memories of it not being changed until much later around kunark time

hueylewis187
09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
You'd have to show solid proof I think Virt. Memories are not enough I don't believe.

I went through every patch up to 2002 and I saw no mention at all of Pet Faction changes.

I remember getting faction during kunark using just my pet. I'm sure there is proof in the mage archives if there were no faction hits. I haven't checked them yet though.

krforrester
09-17-2010, 11:51 PM
I still believe the faction change occurred at the same time pets were made neutral so that mobs did not agro on them. It wouldn't make sense any other way. You couldn't have green mobs going around agroing on pets and also taking a faction hit. This way, the only way you got a faction hit on green mobs was when you intentionally attacked the mob. I am pretty sure this was Velious or later.

Virtuosos
09-18-2010, 12:11 AM
memories were good enough for nilbog to have it changed, one person's memories of faction from pets in kunark ~ era should not outweigh the plethora of peoples memories of it NOT causing faction until then

but then again, he's a gm, we arent. his playground i suppose.

//

and krforr, i agree...THAT would make the most sense

Kender
09-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Code Only[LIST]

not working as patch notes say then

when i was killing gnolls i never bother to damage greens, i let the pet do all the work. no faction hit after kill even after the patch

Rogean
09-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Some zones weren't updated correctly with the 16th patch. The 18th patch has addressed this and everything should be up to date.

krforrester
09-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Code Only[LIST]

Haynar: Eye of Zomm will now open doors.

My Eye of Zomm still cannot open doors.

Edit: Ok, just checked again and it is opening doors. Thanks, this is a great fix.

Uthgaard
09-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Maybe you have a lazy eye

hueylewis187
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Forrester and Virt , Neither of you have given any evidence... Not even one link of some 12 year old kid saying it back in the day....

I used the no faction for pets a lot, I liked it. I didn't want it ever changed.
But give evidence....... and a few sources would be nice. If what you say is true. It would be easy to find many links saying pets give no faction dated 2000.

yaeger
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Seems to be more a bug fix than any big conspiracy on part of the Devs.

Does it make sense that you can kill a mob without getting a faction hit?

No.

What's the problem then?

Virtuosos
09-18-2010, 10:38 PM
I dont see any evidence saying it WAS in pre-kunark huey....and when I have to stop using my hands and feet and start using tallymarks to count people having distinct memories of not having faction hits via pet, it kinda seems like a mistake, atleast until kunark. i dont care one way or another, im a fucking paladin...but i know what i know :/

krforrester
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Forrester and Virt , Neither of you have given any evidence... Not even one link of some 12 year old kid saying it back in the day....

I used the no faction for pets a lot, I liked it. I didn't want it ever changed.
But give evidence....... and a few sources would be nice. If what you say is true. It would be easy to find many links saying pets give no faction dated 2000.

It's really not a huge deal. However, if you think about my point, it makes sense. Pets get aggro all the time from lower level mobs that would not aggro the player. Why should mages get a faction hit when they had no intention of attacking the mob?

I am not saying don't give a faction hit for pet attacks. In fact, faction hits for pets makes total sense to me. However, pets should then be made neutral so that we don't get faction hits when a mob decides to agro our pet while running through a zone when that mob would not agro us because of level. At level 39, my max pet is 6 levels below me, so pet aggro happens a lot.

The faction change is one of the main reasons they made pets neutral in the first place. You can't make a change to the game and say "well, its classic" without making a corresponding change that was made at the same time during the "classic" era.