PDA

View Full Version : Dex build for SK

Veleria
12-14-2014, 04:27 AM
I was recently considering building an SK with all my starting points (after 75 agi) put into Dex. I notice they have a self proc line that this might help. Have you tried this and is it a good idea?

I currently have an SK with 75 starting dex and notice a very low proc rate on Vampiric Embrace.

With Velious coming soon and the improved Self buff I thought it worth considering.

username17
12-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Shadowknights don't get much aggro from weapon procs. it's mostly all from spells just like paladins. I'd recommend putting points into Stamina. If you're going to be using a Fungi make sure you have 85agi as well because of the -10 dex/agi on a fungi.

Veleria
12-14-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty new to the server so the only way i'll get a fungi is if i get it as a drop.

kaev
12-14-2014, 03:35 PM
AFAIK dex does not affect proc rate from buffs, only weapon procs.

Danth
12-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Don't put points into Dexterity as a Shadow Knight. It's one of the worst stats for the class. Vampiric Embrace and Shroud of Death aren't nearly good enough to warrant such an investment, and there aren't really that many SK weapons with great procs unless you can expect to get your epic. Stamina's a better use of points, or (depending on what race you are) even Intelligence or Strength. Some points in Agility won't necessarily go to waste, either, particularly for Ogres or Erudites who only start with 70.

Danth

Veleria
12-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks I had no idea dex didn't affect spell procs. The only reason I thought Dex might be worth it is bacause Velious seems very close and everything i read says velious will cap all the main stats easily.

Danth
12-14-2014, 10:55 PM
"Easily" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If you feel like spending a tour of duty in the top guild for some months, then you'll probably cap your important stats. If you don't, then you might cap one stat if you choose to focus on it, and possibly not even that with resist gear on.

Danth

captnamazing
12-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Roll a dark elf with +15 DEX +10WIS and RP the fuck out of Norrath

Veleria
12-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Dark Elves have terrible Dex.

hammertime7795
12-18-2014, 02:29 AM
str/stam/int would all be more important than dex even if dex does increase spell procs.

Grombar
12-22-2014, 04:32 PM
even Chr (for DI) would be better points spent...

Haynar
12-22-2014, 05:05 PM
+15 dex +10 cha, Ogre build FTW!!!!

You wont care about spells at all this way, because you wont ever have enough mana to cast them.

Booyah.

H

P.S. FYI, a dex build is a waste of time.

holsteinrx7
01-02-2015, 12:24 AM
I made me of the most infamous dex knights behind brutillus. Dont do it unless you have the epic. Which is ironic, I know. Int or sta or agi would do better. I personally can feel agi between years if tanking and fungi and other negative agi stat items. Sta is rare, agi is amazing for miss, and int to cast or solo

Jaleth
01-23-2015, 06:49 PM
I went a dex build for my human SK, looking at the end rather than the means for when I get my epic. I feel mana, str, and hps won't be that much of a struggle to get over dex. Many of the armor stats will have those primarily in them.

Nuktari
01-24-2015, 02:18 PM
I made me of the most infamous dex knights behind brutillus.

LOL...

"Stack dex, get bitches." - Nuktari

I've got both STA and DEX sets for my SK (troll), STA for trash tanking raid stuff. DEX for solo'ing/grouping/adventures. @ 183 (unbuffed) DEX, I proc all over the place, Vamp Embrace and Epic procs, all that life force coming back home. Even before attaining the epic, I had a "Blood Drinker" and that thing would proc hard all over the shop.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/iXmF48FlrGuTS/200.gif

Jaleth
02-03-2015, 02:16 PM
LOL...

"Stack dex, get bitches." - Nuktari

I've got both STA and DEX sets for my SK (troll), STA for trash tanking raid stuff. DEX for solo'ing/grouping/adventures. @ 183 (unbuffed) DEX, I proc all over the place, Vamp Embrace and Epic procs, all that life force coming back home. Even before attaining the epic, I had a "Blood Drinker" and that thing would proc hard all over the shop.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/iXmF48FlrGuTS/200.gif

'atta boy!

Brut
02-03-2015, 10:07 PM
All dex erryday, because what else? Invite shm, get str/sta capped. Insert Velious, get str/sta capped unbuffed.

Don't need int, Disease Cloud costs 10mana.

Taminy
02-04-2015, 10:24 AM
All dex erryday, because what else? Invite shm, get str/sta capped. Insert Velious, get str/sta capped unbuffed.

Don't need int, Disease Cloud costs 10mana.

Not for SK but I wish I had put my points into CHA for my barb warrior.

I cap dex and agi (VoG) even easier than str or sta on the beta server and I really don't even have much velious gear. Though putting my initial points into STA does open up more raw +hp items.