PDA

View Full Version : Warrior crit rate question

Billbike
12-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Does dexterity affect how often crits happen? Or is it a flat rate. What is the rate?

kaev
12-14-2014, 03:37 AM
Dex definitely affects the rate of crits and crips, I do not recall the formula. It doesn't matter a lot unless you're trying to solo or you are berzerking, normal tanking in a full group it won't affect your group's damage output all that much. It's worth a ton zerking tho, since the whole point is to get those crippling blows. never forget that the absolute best dex gear for a warrior is a shaman.

Billbike
12-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Excellent. Thank you for your response.

Billbike
12-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Anyone else have information they can contribute?

Come on all you high level warriors, chime in please.

username17
12-15-2014, 09:25 AM
I did a quick search on TSW's forums but didn't find anything solid. Most of the information on there is post POP anyway so it's not too relevant.

The best thing I could find was a post on how to maximize Warrior DPS which has some references to Crit.
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20012

Skittlez
12-15-2014, 02:20 PM
My 43 warrior is a Dex build. I'm sitting at 217 I think. He's a dark elf though and uses a suit of Enchanted Tier'Dal Plate and others to maximize his Dex. I think I have BiS till no-drop gear, but race specific.

I notice only a small difference at my level in DPs and crit chance. You would end up doing more DPs with 200+ str than Dex I am pretty sure. I tried using an Oggok Cleaver for crippling blows along with all types of weapons and it just never seemed to make that much of a difference.

The gear is also gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

JayN
12-15-2014, 02:28 PM
dex only effects procs currently, sorry guys.

Billbike
12-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, good to hear personal experiences and positions.

I googled around and found figures of aprox 120 dex = 1% to crit. Granted this was in a thread about live, and much later than classic, so it is probably irrelevant to p1999. There isn't a lot of info on this that I have seen.

Dex doesn't affect crit chance? Confirmed?

kaev
12-15-2014, 10:55 PM
:shurg: Never tested it, but sure seemed to me I was getting more crits&crips with a 180 dex than 110 dex. Since I can't prove otherwise (my old logs are gone and I'm too lazy to run tests), I suppose I have to admit the possibility of confirmation bias.

Bodybagger
12-17-2014, 04:45 PM
I feel like I remember seeing a parse that it did not... and that dex in general only effects procs, and normalizes bow dmg?

captnamazing
12-17-2014, 09:00 PM
If you are asking because you want higher DPS, stack strength. It will outperform the occasional crit/crip anytime!

hammertime7795
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
If you are asking because you want higher DPS, stack strength. It will outperform the occasional crit/crip anytime!

ratio+ haste make the biggest difference. Stats are fairly meaningless for everything in eq.

captnamazing
12-18-2014, 01:44 PM
ratio+ haste make the biggest difference. Stats are fairly meaningless for everything in eq.

Do you play a warrior? STA is of vital (pun intended) importance. DEX is an essential stat for increasing proc rate which = consistent aggro. Higher STR helps you hit more and harder, which is an added bonus for the group.

Obviously having a good ratio wep and haste help DPS (as a tank, DPS is tertiary importance, after survivability and aggro generation), but the discussion here is about how stats affect the character.

I would be very interest to find confirmation about whether or not DEX affects crit chance. I have read that it does, and I have also read that it is broken on p99. I know that it affects how well you perform ranged attacks, and probably ranged criticals for rangers/warriors.

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 05:15 PM
We were talking about dps. STR has very little affect on damage or hit rate. Dex is probably the most useful because warriors do rely so much on procs for aggro although haste and ratio are equally as important. Still overall ability stats are relatively meaningless. The devs have been saying this for 15 years I find it hard to believe people still say otherwise. AC on this server is also fairly meaningless as parses show and devs have confirmed.

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
100 increase in dex gives you less than 1 proc per min more if using 2 procing weapons. Your aggro from your potential dps aka weapon swings is a much bigger % of your aggro than most people give it credit for. So your aggro is directly tied to your dps potential which is most boosted by ratio+ haste.

captnamazing
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
STR has very little affect on damage or hit rate

dude, what?? how are you possibly getting this idea? After level 30, STR bonus is an essential part of DPS. STR also directly affects ATK, which influences how often you hit monsters.

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 06:36 PM
dude, what?? how are you possibly getting this idea? After level 30, STR bonus is an essential part of DPS. STR also directly affects ATK, which influences how often you hit monsters.

No it really does not. I think you're thinking of damage bonus which has nothing to do with str. Str does have an affect but its negligible.

Widan
12-23-2014, 07:08 PM
No it really does not. I think you're thinking of damage bonus which has nothing to do with str. Str does have an affect but its negligible.

Lol what a surprise, this terrible poster is shitting up other class threads with misinformation as well.

Strength gives about 1 attack per strength, and it also increases your maximum hit.

Testing on a 60 shaman using epic for attacking on Corrudoth a level 5 mob:

1.) 127 Strength, 861 Attack, max hit 68

2.) 255 Strength, 974 Attack, max hit 84

Or you can just use the wiki and learn the formulas. But whatever you do please stop posting your shitty opinions that contradict basic facts in every thread.

khanable
12-23-2014, 07:18 PM
^ dunked

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Lol what a surprise, this terrible poster is shitting up other class threads with misinformation as well.

Strength gives about 1 attack per strength, and it also increases your maximum hit.

Testing on a 60 shaman using epic for attacking on Corrudoth a level 5 mob:

1.) 127 Strength, 861 Attack, max hit 68

2.) 255 Strength, 974 Attack, max hit 84

Or you can just use the wiki and learn the formulas. But whatever you do please stop posting your shitty opinions that contradict basic facts in every thread.

I think you need to re read my posts. The majority of attack is hard coded via skill. Str makes little difference. Ratio and haste make a much larger difference. This is not rocket science.

Widan
12-23-2014, 07:55 PM
The majority of attack is hard coded via skill..

Wrong, I just explained how strength affects attack, see above. Skill is one of the variables that affects attack, strength is another. Did you read the wiki yet?

Str makes little difference.

Wrong again, see above. It not only affects attack, but also max hit.

Ratio and haste make a much larger difference.

Neither of these is mutually exclusive with strength

This is not rocket science

Good thing, since even basic math seems to elude you

hammertime7795
12-23-2014, 08:08 PM
So you don't understand what majority means?

I never said it was mutually exclusive. I said one was greater than the other.

So basic expressions of measurement and math elude you? A bigger number means majority fyi.

Cecily
12-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't think crit chance can be modified. Warriors got a straight boost over other critters in Luclin, but CF3 10% was 10%. Also, yes, STR is important for damage. We're discussing crit rate and what a good point Cecily made atm though.