PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Buffs Disappearing?

Valerik
12-11-2014, 08:49 PM
I've noticed this issue a few times. I'll have several buffs from higher levels and then if I zone, the buffs will disappear from my buff bars.

Happened the other night zoning into East Cabilis and tonight zoning out of Kurns. I know that each buff had a lot of time left on them.

Kreylyn
12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I've noticed this issue a few times. I'll have several buffs from higher levels and then if I zone, the buffs will disappear from my buff bars.

Happened the other night zoning into East Cabilis and tonight zoning out of Kurns. I know that each buff had a lot of time left on them.

More info may be needed, but were you low on health?

If you zone with less hps than your armour gives you, the buffs will drop. That is working as intended.

Krey

Valerik
12-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes I was low on health at the time. So that solves that question. Thanks for the reply!

sedrie.bellamie
12-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I have had all my buffs go when zoning at low health

I had lesser shielding, mist, sow, and a clarity

why would all of them fade on zone?

Kreylyn
12-12-2014, 03:07 AM
I have had all my buffs go when zoning at low health

I had lesser shielding, mist, sow, and a clarity

why would all of them fade on zone?

Simple answer... and reason it happens here... "It's Classic!".

The more detailed answer...

Originally in EQ the system loaded your character then loaded your equipment when zoning. This presented an issue where the buffs would drop if your hps were lower than the amount provided by your gear. The system temporarily sees you as "dead" being too low on hps, before the gear adds the hps back, and removes all buffs. This was eventually corrected, but this is a classic server... so it's be retrofitted again as a classic feature. :)

Krey

sedrie.bellamie
12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
zoned out of oasis at 30% with a sow and clarity; both gone upon zoning