PDA

View Full Version : So whats the deal.

Tormax
12-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Are we waiting on another patch for the beta server?

I never see anyone there and for the limited time I get it would take me a month of Sundays to farm a set of armor or such things to be able to test them solo. I know you're allowed to box, but jeez. I know drop rates need to be tested as well, but just a handful of people testing this is going to take years and still not have it all tested.

I badly want Velious, but at this rate if the GM's need everything tested first, instead of doing some fixing along the way, were screwed.

If that is the case, Id like to see another forced beta test. I'm sure I will get flamed to hell for that or anthrax in my mailbox but lets get it together folks.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Right now there are quite a few non-armor quests needing testing.

I'd say focus fire those down.

Once those are down a nice forced beta weekend to test drop rates of armor in Kael arena/plate cycle, WToV and EToV would be good. Groupers checking out Velketor's, Cobalt Scar and Sirens Grotto for armor gem drops would be good too.

After that I think we just need to put all the armor gems on a gnome vendor and test turn ins at proper faction levels. Also putting PoM cards + Words of Wealth on a gnome to test combines would be good too

A few things still need coding, like Ring 10 war, and I'd guess some NToV stuff.

It isn't that far away just need to get that checklist of random quests knocked out.

hillgiantchamp
12-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Just open it bugged. You will get 2000 population on playing it. That should help speed up the process and make things interesting on this server for a change

bluejam
12-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Just open it bugged. You will get 2000 population on playing it. That should help speed up the process and make things interesting on this server for a change

see kunark release.

Daldaen
12-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Yea no.

Ring 10 war isn't coded yet. Nor are tons of other things.

Just need more forced beta time or people to beta on their own. If people can't beta they can't get Velious, pretty simple.

derpcake
12-12-2014, 07:08 PM
You can't really "force" people to beta, they'll just not log on.

Why not invite 2 big guilds there, give some incentives for best testers etc, easy.

Atm the casuals aren't bothering and the hardcores have other stuff to do on live, so do something to motivate them. I got a lot of titles / clickies on eqlive for participating in beta's. They just had mobs drop tokens, raid mobs grant tokens, and there are tiered rewards for token turnins.

Something like that, it shouldn't be too hard ..

Daldaen
12-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Incentives exist. Its called Velious release.

Man0warr
12-12-2014, 10:31 PM
The big guilds have done a ton of testing already - I know BDA at least has done about 15 raids and taken a lot of logs.

Raev
12-12-2014, 10:50 PM
see kunark release.

i remember trakanon was bugged for months

who cares

heartbrand
12-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Should offer early release bonus or titles to people who test x amount. Also lists of things needing tested in particular would help a lot.

Raev
12-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Should offer early release bonus or titles to people who test x amount. Also lists of things needing tested in particular would help a lot.

The quest list is available. Nilbog is a huge stickler for quests and I'm sure getting that list checked off would be a big factor for him.

Also I would support early access or titles or guises or whatever about 100000000x more for beta testers than for people who paid Brad.

heartbrand
12-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Didn't see quest list, lank plz

Ele
12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157067

Bazia
12-13-2014, 03:24 PM
i prefer kunark over velious

long live sebilis for another 1000 years

SamwiseRed
12-13-2014, 03:40 PM
classic > kunark > velious

Stormfists
12-22-2014, 11:35 AM
In no rush for velius. It'll be done when it's done and not a minute sooner. Bare in mind that when it's out, then it's out...

And then what will you have excitable sleepless nights over?
Christmas?
The birth of your first child?
Peace on earth?

Pft...