PDA

View Full Version : Qeynos Port service

Dominick
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
The way I went back in the day was port to NK or Toxx and hoof it to Qeynos.

I am told theres is a fire port from Toxx to the Qeynos Catacombs.

Where are those?

Bigcountry23
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Fire Pot, and it is closed (locked) according to patch notes from a couple months ago.

hedbonker
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought the firepots were in Tim deep (Kunark)... There was one in Tox?

Brut
09-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Yar, at the old necro guild shack in toxxulia.
Probably since the necros are KOS in Erudin. I think.

Dominick
09-16-2010, 07:56 AM

The ones I know about before were a stone in Neriak to Lesser Faydark DE camp. You could pick them at one time.

I had no idea there was an Erudin one

I guess its Tox-> Erudin-> boat-> Qeynos

Malrubius
09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Fire Pot, and it is closed (locked) according to patch notes from a couple months ago.

I couldn't find that patch note, but I think I remember it. Why were these pots taken out? Were they non-classic? I really don't know - just asking.

Aandolaf
09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Weren't there several in Neriak?

Lazortag
09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
What's a Fire pot(port?)?? I've never even heard of this thing. Someone educate me with a detailed description and history of them.

Wizerud
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
The only ones I heard about were the ones in Timorous Deep. About halfway down in this link:

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=50703&month=112007

I don't think they are labeled either but I'm sure there's a map somewhere. Should be one pot for each city. Also, pretty sure you cannot bind there.

Aetherial
09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
The only ones I heard about were the ones in Timorous Deep. About halfway down in this link:

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=50703&month=112007

I don't think they are labeled either but I'm sure there's a map somewhere. Should be one pot for each city. Also, pretty sure you cannot bind there.

At some point it was possible to bind in the firepot room in Timorous deep. I know i used to use them a lot (I could not bind myself there I was a ranger) when I was fear kiting raptors in my 50's.

Aetherial
09-16-2010, 12:42 PM
What's a Fire pot(port?)?? I've never even heard of this thing. Someone educate me with a detailed description and history of them.

Assuming your question was serious...

There was a room in the water in Timorous Deep that had a fire pot from each of the cities lined up on the wall. You could click on it and be ported to that city. Magic users could bind there and thus have pretty much instant travel to any city.

Supposedly these were for GM's, although I am not sure that was confirmed. They did remove the ability to bind in the room though.

There were also a couple individual ones in the game (described in this thread).

Wizerud
09-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Kunark was released on 4/24/00. Patch notes four days after that indicated that the ability to bind there had already been removed due to balance issues. Presumably it made dr00ds and wizards feel less important.

hedbonker
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I kinda doubt it was for GMs since they could instantly jump to any location in the game...

Extunarian
09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
I kinda doubt it was for GMs since they could instantly jump to any location in the game...

Maybe it was a disciplinary thing.
"Steve...your performance is lacking. You gotta use the pots this week."

Retan
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Steve the GM was a jerk...

Rogean
09-16-2010, 03:52 PM
GM's did, but I don't think they implimented the Guide functionality into the non-GM Client until later (which included guide commands like /zone), so Guides had to use the pots.

Reiker
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
There were firepots in the classic world that (I believe) worked in beta but were taken out for release. The lore was something like Miragul used them as a personal transportation system. There was one from Tox to Qeynos Catacombs and from Neriak to Lfaydark. They work in emu, and I believe they forgot to disable them on P99.

Edit: Oops, didn't see there was a page 2.

ojamajoe
09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Miragul's Highway was the commonly used name for the firepots linking several of the cities and the theoretical quest to access them. It was never active in live, as far as I know.

Additionally, it was often supposed that the Timorous Deep room was not supposed to be a part of that... although some of the locations you can get to from there are odd for an alleged Combine artifact.

Nazran
09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
I loved the Tim Deep fire pots. I got to bind my enchanter and necro there before it was taken away. That was a nice little bit of noteriety because not many people got to bind there before they took it away.

What was not so fun was that everytime you gated there.... you had better not dilly dally around in the room because of how close Faydedar pathed near there.

I popped in one day and got dragon roared and lava breathed so fast my 34 enchanter had no idea what was going on.

Lazortag
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Assuming your question was serious...

There was a room in the water in Timorous Deep that had a fire pot from each of the cities lined up on the wall. You could click on it and be ported to that city. Magic users could bind there and thus have pretty much instant travel to any city.

Supposedly these were for GM's, although I am not sure that was confirmed. They did remove the ability to bind in the room though.

There were also a couple individual ones in the game (described in this thread).

It was a serious question.

Can someone take a screenshot of them using one of these before they get nerfed? Or do they not exist on this server anymore?

guineapig
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
All you have to do is type "firepot" into the search engine:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/search.php?searchid=292336

This was nerfed back in March. It was nice while it lasted.