PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on pvp from beta

Isoroku
12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
spent a good 6 hours testing out the pvp on different classes. resists are great, exactly were they need to be, hitbox is perfection. everything basically is great.

The problem im having here though is i did my testing through the day in nro, during non peak playtime, the zone had 20-30 people in it, the i was at 70ms, whenever the server hit peak playtime, with 70 people in nro my lag went up to 170ms and this is were shit became tricky.

#1, Hit boxes became almost impossible to find. as a rogue the backstab hitbox became non existent.

#2, People start warping around due to lag issues, these guys are simply unkillable now.

#3, there is a second gap before from when you come up to someone standing still come up to them standing face to face, and actually be able to attack.

My problem is this, i absolutely love the hitboxes when there is a decent amount of players, But holocaust currently raids with up to 70ish players, throw in God's Work 20-25, you are hitting near 100. Melee's become useless.

again, i absolutely love the hitboxes in small skirmish low player zones melee pvp becomes a whole lot more skillbased. But this current system does not factor in guild vs guild pvp. This is coming from someone with extensive knowledge of the game and having several high ranking characters on the pvp leaderboard.

Thoughts? - Agatha.

Tavrin
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
This would be better addressed through performance tweaks on the server itself to handle the amount of players, rather than trying to tweak hitboxes.

What is your ping time on red during a current large scale PvP battle? It's possible the velious beta server is running on a VM with less allocated resources than Blue and Red.

Colgate
12-08-2014, 12:06 AM
the zone lag was caused by people spamming faction updates and people like ragnaros, your guildmate, spamming his aon

1 person spamming an aon makes a zone lag regardless if there's 15 people or 150 people

Nirgon
12-08-2014, 01:39 AM
o man

Crazycloud
12-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Changes were good (hitbox). Resists were broken and hayner is in the middle of fixing it.

Not sure what pvp this guy beta tested????????????????

Isoroku
12-08-2014, 02:50 AM
saw u there for like 5 mins CC. naw nirgon there for an hour probably testing raids.

i was actually testing PVP. was there for 6 hours. Now im going to tell you, when i show up to your 72 person raid with 30 of my guildies, hitboxes are going to become non existent. It's because i tested it.

Lasher
12-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Put names on aons and target rings imo... not classic but i dont care

Nirgon
12-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Definitely tested pvp changes. Definitely good except cc spells and blind need to be taken down.

Mac Drettj
12-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Using /duel not a good way to test pvp. Test it on red.

LostCause
12-08-2014, 01:00 PM
actually have to play to do that tho.