PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: December 3rd, 2014

Rogean
12-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Code
Haynar: Removed adjusting gamma until after display is initialized.
Haynar: Adjusted damage done by critical hits (lowered the damage multipliers).
Haynar: Adjusted minimum damage for critical hits. It was too low for low damage/low delay weapons.
Haynar: Fix for bard songs.
Haynar: Fix for some mobs being unslowable.
Haynar: Fixed MobAI where engaged mobs get rebuffed over and over.
Haynar: Fixed AE stuns to allow better CC of NPCs. Kept stun lock prevention of PCs.
Haynar: Added additional checks for handing items to charmed pets.
Haynar: Added to PvPResistSpell() resist caps for CC type spells.

Amontillado
12-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Gamma is so bad, and not even close to classic... does this even get tested before implementation?

UI should not be affected.
Middle of daytime all races should be able to see well outdoors(most zones).
Nighttime and dungeons, Infravision and Ultravision should work well.

So so so so so so wrong.

<Suggestions to fix gamma correctly>
1. Put gamma back the way it was a month ago(Adjusting the game gamma is not the right way)
2. Adjust the way the different visions work. (Normal / Infra / Serpent / Ultra)

(We all know classic EQ was much darker... I imagine the p1999 devs don't actually know what is was supposed to be, you guys are too young! haha)

username17
12-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Win EQ2 has an option to prevent the EQ Client from affecting the Gamma level on your entire computer. That might be helpful for people still having issues.

chaser95
12-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Lol can not even tell what robe my necro is wearing now from character selection screen way to go =/

Latege
12-03-2014, 06:58 AM
The only thing this changed about the gamma is now the loading screen takes your gamma into consideration and becomes brighter if you have it set really high, but as soon as character select loads it reverts back to being super dark even at 100%, and doesn't change when you enter the game.

Nefarum
12-03-2014, 07:11 AM
This gamma change is still SO BRUTAL and awful. All that's changed now is it's lighter in the loading screen, but by character select it's basically unplayable it's so dark. I can barely see anything, and I'm a Dark Elf. This is way way way worse than classic EQ ever was.

Not to mention this makes all my other windows dark, which messes with me doing other things on my computer.

This is not how this should be implemented, this is a total hack. EQ should not make our entire computers so dark. Not to mention everyone is just going to use third party tools to get around it.

If this can't be implemented in a better way it should just be removed completely, it's not worth it.

Rogean
12-03-2014, 07:21 AM
We are discussing the Gamma settings internally, It may not be final yet.

Shutt
12-03-2014, 07:25 AM
If this is not where I post game issues with the new patch let me know, but I don't have merchants or bankers in game now on red. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing?

Latege
12-03-2014, 07:27 AM
All the mobs are there but invisible until they move. So you have to aggro any mob you want to see, pathing mobs are unaffected as they move on their own. I fixed the NFP bank if anyone needs to bank.

Shutt
12-03-2014, 07:33 AM
If I send a tell it doesn't pop up in my chat window as if it was never sent, and I get no replies from those I have sent tells too. I also have no /ooc chat as a form of world chat it seems. Was /ooc fixed, didn't see anything about it in the patch notes? Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Jeb
12-03-2014, 07:58 AM
most all npc's seem to be bugged and stuck and in wrong location in city and outside zones

Tameth
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
mobs are definitely off, noticed Lady Vox in alchemist room and alchemist near bear pits... if you agro them they are where they should be and tracking normally however.

Gixx
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
My biggest gripe with the gamma change is that ultravision/infravion are having no effect at all.

Gixx
12-03-2014, 08:15 AM
The raft in oasis is also floating about 5 feet above the water, thats probably an issue for people who can't levitate

Nocsucow
12-03-2014, 08:15 AM
yea this gamma is horrible ... serpent sight dont even help

Nocsucow
12-03-2014, 08:16 AM
The raft in oasis is also floating about 5 feet above the water, thats probably an issue for people who can't levitate

lmao ... maybe

Samhain
12-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Ok... I get it... immersion, classic, whatever.

BUT SERIOUSLY... THIS GAMMA CHANGE???

Fuck this having to adjust my entire computer/monitor setup every time I load and unload the game. :mad::mad::mad:

Awwalike
12-03-2014, 08:30 AM
wat da bard fix?

heartbrand
12-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Haynar - EQ will now require full screen. Any attempt to alt tab or circumvent will crash client.
Haynar - Classic UI now enabled.
Haynar - Item linking removed.
nilbog - Casters must now view spell book to med until 30.

I can't wait until the day comes when I get to see these patch notes and the subsequent tears. The gamma, while not perfected yet, is a great classic implementation that really reminds you what classic eq was like. Pras.

Junias
12-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Donal's BP taking 30 seconds to cast now, will make a bug report.

Glenzig
12-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Haynar - EQ will now require full screen. Any attempt to alt tab or circumvent will crash client.

I can't wait until the day comes when I get to see these patch notes and the subsequent tears. The gamma, while not perfected yet, is a great classic implementation that really reminds you what classic eq was like. Pras.

That's fine as long as they make sure all display ratios are covered for full screen. Right now I actually can't play in full screen because there is not a display ratio that matches my monitor. I would love to be able to play full screen again. But if it were forced I couldn't play until I bought a new monitor.

zanderklocke
12-03-2014, 08:44 AM
wat da bard fix?

I'm curious as well.

Laugher
12-03-2014, 09:01 AM

/golfclap

Red_Psyphon
12-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Gamma didn't affect my PC in the least, Made p99 feel nice and dark(classic), and made all them light sources and vision spells usable.

Literally always had my gamma at 100% back during 99-02, maybe the recent gamma fix was too much? but it seemed about right for me. Did nothing to my computer's gamma idk whats wrong with these others.

Azlani
12-03-2014, 09:16 AM
The issue is the gamma is broken, such that it's a little darker than Erudite levels at night, but the visions spells do nothing. It's also darker in the day. It's like playing Doom 3 without the flashlight.

daasgoot
12-03-2014, 09:28 AM
easy fix for gamma issue

http://i.imgur.com/7gEnWVM.jpg

jolanar
12-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm in cabilis on red, and none of the NPCs are where they are supposed to be. They are randomly strewn about the zone. Sometimes when you walk by them and click on them they will pop back to where they are suppose to be, but sometimes they don't. The bankers and the shaman spell vendors were MIA.

Daldaen
12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Donal's BP taking 30 seconds to cast now, will make a bug report.

Wait did they finally fix Donal's BP on live to be not OP?!?!

FlyingSquirrel
12-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Every time I zone my screen gets dark and I have to reset my settings... help?

Bumamgar
12-03-2014, 10:26 AM
The gamma issue is very bad, but it's easy to fix if you use WinEQ, just turn on 'lock gamma' in the options for Everquest.

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Spells not standing you up was not a good change. Some things in classic were changed not to dumb down the game but because they made sense. Some of these changes really need to be run through the common sense filter. The game ultimately should be about fun, not tied to things that were clearly mistakes in classic. Difficulty is all well and good and what I like about classic. This is just an extra button push that does not do anything for anyone. Same with the sitting to camp. /camp should sit you down. Give me a break guys.

Schwing
12-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Spells not standing you up was not a good change. Some things in classic were changed not to dumb down the game but because they made sense. Some of these changes really need to be run through the common sense filter. The game ultimately should be about fun, not tied to things that were clearly mistakes in classic. Difficulty is all well and good and what I like about classic. This is just an extra button push that does not do anything for anyone. Same with the sitting to camp. /camp should sit you down. Give me a break guys.

Please god, revert the stand-to-cast change. It's rapidly killing my soul

The_DarkSavant
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
this server sucks now. making non issues into real issues the whole time you can't even SEE anything. crazy how just a few patches and i no longer have any desire to log in.

LulzSect
12-03-2014, 10:39 AM

bwisenhart
12-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Went looking for place to post issues post patch, must be blind can't find.

1. Brutes in WW caves run now VERY fast at 20% health. They seem to be sowed when at 10-20% health remaining. Very hard to kill.

2. Having to stand to cast a spell instead of just pressing gem and auto standing? Can rewrite my hotkeys to adapt to it but was it really necessary? Doesn't add to game play at all.

3. Wont rant on gamma thing...think that is covered already.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:41 AM

lemme bring some common sense to you.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/images/p99-gold-flat.gif

if you dont like "classic" everquest then get out.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Went looking for place to post issues post patch, must be blind can't find.

1. Brutes in WW caves run now VERY fast at 20% health. They seem to be sowed when at 10-20% health remaining. Very hard to kill.

2. Having to stand to cast a spell instead of just pressing gem and auto standing? Can rewrite my hotkeys to adapt to it but was it really necessary? Doesn't add to game play at all.

3. Wont rant on gamma thing...think that is covered already.

pressing gem? we got a clicker folks, watch out.

Mignart
12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Not sure if others are experiencing the same problems, however the UI does not seem to be functioning, and some NPCs are entirely missing. Cant cast spells via UI.

Hope this helps!

feanan
12-03-2014, 10:45 AM

Do you really need people to post a list of things and changes that aren't "classic"

they make changes that they say are for the good of the server even when not classic. fingerbone hoop anyone?

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
gamma seems classic for me. i dont think people realize how hard it was to see in some places in classic. you know, caves with no light were actually dark and shit. too bad whiners gonna get it reverted.

Erati
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Do you really need people to post a list of things and changes that aren't "classic"

they make changes that they say are for the good of the server even when not classic. fingerbone hoop anyone?

wat about the fingerbone hoop?

huh?

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I did like classic eq, but there were things in classic that were just broken and did not make sense. Revisiting the things that were broken or did not make sense is kind of absurd. If it does not add challenge or fun why do it?

Taminy
12-03-2014, 10:51 AM

You mean this classic UI?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Sand_Giant_-_EverQuest_-_1999.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Kemadin/mm02.jpg

Plus we're almost in velious so the UI should be:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/353333-everquest-the-scars-of-velious-windows-screenshot-big-battle.jpg

chriz
gamma seems classic for me. i dont think people realize how hard it was to see in some places in classic. you know, caves with no light were actually dark and shit. too bad whiners gonna get it reverted.

most of us remember how dark it could get, but very, very few played it like that. they changed the gamma up so you actully could play, we did that from day one 99 ourselfs

SamwiseRed
eq in general is not challenging so where are you doing with that logic?

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:52 AM
most of us remember how dark it could get, but very, very few played it like that. they changed the gamma up so you actully could play, we did that from day one 99 ourselfs

dunno i turned my gamma up in classic and still had a hard time seeing. maybe my voodoo2 or whatever i had before voodoo3 just sucked ass.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
omg

too dark revert changes. halp

another place i remember being dark was highkeep basement. it actually felt like a basement and was scary.

chriz
12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
dunno i turned my gamma up in classic and still had a hard time seeing. maybe my voodoo2 or whatever i had before voodoo3 just sucked ass.

probably :)

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 10:55 AM
eq in general is not challenging so where are you doing with that logic?

Go play wow and then come back and tell me eq is not challenging.

jolanar
12-03-2014, 10:55 AM

As a barbarian without a light source you literally couldn't see anything when walking through the cave to blackburrow. You pretty much just had to walk in that direction and eventually you found the zone if you didn't get turned around.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM
As a barbarian without a light source you literally couldn't see anything when walking through the cave to blackburrow. You pretty much just had to walk in that direction and eventually you found the zone if you didn't get turned around.

thats how i remember it too buddy. these wow nerds dont get it.

Ele
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM

shit son, I saw that and almost died of classhole-itis.

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Very true and the devs said that it was a mistake to do that. They still say that. A couple years ago at SoE live they were talking about it.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Go play wow and then come back and tell me eq is not challenging.

wow raiding is takes alot more skill than eq, what are you talking about. in eq you can bring 400 players to naggy if you want. there is no cap. raid bosses go down in 10 seconds or less most of the time. leveling here is pretty damn easy as this game is 15 years old and everyone knows the places to go. i dont play everquest because of the "challenge", i play it because i love the game world, norrath.

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 11:03 AM
wow raiding is takes alot more skill than eq, what are you talking about. in eq you can bring 400 players to naggy if you want. there is no cap. raid bosses go down in 10 seconds or less most of the time. leveling here is pretty damn easy as this game is 15 years old and everyone knows the places to go. i dont play everquest because of the "challenge", i play it because i love the game world, norrath.

So you do things that take away from the challenge of eq? We did not have 400people on naggy raids in classic. We were lucky to get 50. Go solo a warrior in wow to lvl cap and then come do it here and tell me its not a challenge. Due to the make up of this server some things are not challenging but that does not take away from the challenge that eq provides that other games do not. Arguing that we should go to broken or absurd mechanics out of some devotion though is just absurd.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:05 AM
So you do things that take away from the challenge of eq? We did not have 400people on naggy raids in classic. We were lucky to get 50. Go solo a warrior in wow to lvl cap and then come do it here and tell me its not a challenge. Due to the make up of this server some things are not challenging but that does not take away from the challenge that eq provides that other games do not. Arguing that we should go to broken or absurd mechanics out of some devotion though is just absurd.

pretty stand before you cast is absurd? you can already play eq with 10apm. you really are complaining about nothing.

what i dont get is this server doesnt hide that is it trying to emulate classic the best it can. this means if they could force classic UI and spellbook med, they would. YOU KNOW THIS SIGNING UP so to sit here and complain about classic mechanics is just stupid.

Erati
12-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Samwise pvping the shit out of this thread

Get'em tiger!

FlyingSquirrel
The gamma issue is very bad, but it's easy to fix if you use WinEQ, just turn on 'lock gamma' in the options for Everquest.

Thank you I will try it.

hammertime7795
pretty stand before you cast is absurd? you can already play eq with 10apm. you really are complaining about nothing.

what i dont get is this server doesnt hide that is it trying to emulate classic the best it can. this means if they could force classic UI and spellbook med, they would. YOU KNOW THIS SIGNING UP so to sit here and complain about classic mechanics is just stupid.

That's my point though the change does nothing but add something to bitch about so why do it?

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:08 AM
That's my point though the change does nothing but add something to bitch about so why do it?

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Well its not classic eq is it for the very reasons you just mentioned and many more.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:09 AM
all stupid questions can be answered by looking at the top left of your screen.

dont like standing to cast? there are other servers.
wanna box? there are other servers.
mad? there are other servers.

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 11:11 AM
When I came here I was hoping for classic UI, spell book not so much getting rid of that was a good change. As someone who played mainly casters pre kunark I saw nothing until post lvl 30 or 35 whatever it was.

Haynar
12-03-2014, 11:11 AM

And with gamma changes, this was one of the places this was tested to reproduce.

There should be barb newb bodies scattered everywhere.

H

hammertime7795
12-03-2014, 11:13 AM
all stupid questions can be answered by looking at the top left of your screen.

dont like standing to cast? there are other servers.
mad? there are other servers.

I think you need to look up intellectual dishonesty and take a long look at your argument since you are arguing for something that clearly does not exist. For the very reasons you yourself have pointed out.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:14 AM
And with gamma changes, this was one of the places this was tested to reproduce.

H

just tested highkeep. shit looked classic. basement actually looked creepy. seeing those goblins with their beady little eyes surrounded by darkness. pras. dont fix.

SamwiseRed
I think you need to look up intellectual dishonesty and take a long look at your argument since you are arguing for something that clearly does not exist. For the very reasons you yourself have pointed out.

devs are trying their best to emulate classic. if they can fix something, they will. what are you confused about?

Ele

H

but mostly upon the altar in honor of HP Haynar.

Taminy
12-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Granted this is a free server, so the devs/staff can do whatever the hell they want, but boxing was classic.

Nefarum
12-03-2014, 11:16 AM

I agree with this, but they're things I can live with.

Really what matters is this insane gamma thing.. I can't even tell if some of my items are in my inventory unless I mouse over them it's so dark (and I have ultravision). Played for a couple hours tonight and had to squint so much it gave me a headache.

The only options I see at this point are a) gamma change gets removed, b) I use a third party program to hold my gamma making the change pointless, or c) I quit playing.

This gamma change needs to go.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Granted this is a free server, so the devs/staff can do whatever the hell they want, but boxing was classic.

everyone says this but it wasnt common. my 56k could barely handle one client and alt tabbing wasnt possible so you would of needed 2 pc and a shotgunned modem. i never did in classic, i didnt know anyone who did it in classic (at the time.)

jtt25c
12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
MEZZ RESISTS ARE BROKEN.

Erati
12-03-2014, 11:19 AM
MEZZ RESISTS ARE BROKEN.

sample size much? Server has been up for less than 4 hrs

LulzSect
12-03-2014, 11:20 AM
i like the new gamma changes; permafrost feels like a cave unless torches or a fire beetle eye is equipped in inventory

Taminy
12-03-2014, 11:20 AM
everyone says this but it wasnt common. my 56k could barely handle one client and alt tabbing wasnt possible so you would of needed 2 pc and a shotgunned modem. i never did in classic, i didnt know anyone who did it in classic (at the time.)

Had 2 pcs and a cable modem so 2 boxed during classic.

Schwing
12-03-2014, 11:21 AM

If something was possible then it was classic. Not sure why it needs to have been prevalent.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:22 AM
just went to blackburrow, everfrost. shit is classic as fuck what are you firegiants complaining about?

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:23 AM
If something was possible then it was classic. Not sure why it needs to have been prevalent.

there would be no stopping people from 20 boxing if they enabled that shit. also boxing is not a mechanic so really has nothing to do with classic or not.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 11:24 AM
some people were hacking in classic so we should allow that too right? quit being morons. p99 strives for classic mechanics. how the server run has nothing to do with that.

Taminy
12-03-2014, 11:26 AM
there would be no stopping people from 20 boxing if they enabled that shit.

Yeah therein lies the danger. I don't overly have a problem with the no boxing rule but it would be nice if we could 2 box strictly for item transfers in EC. Not sure how enforceable that would be though.

karsten
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I said it in the other post, will say again here:

being blind as a barbarian was and is classic. being blind as a dark elf (for example) was not. In addition, being blind as a barbarian didn't affect the entire UI, it just affected what you could see in the zone.

Currently, the gamma affects all races, regardless of ultravision, infravision, etc and in addition, makes it so dark that one cannot see items in one's own inventory.

Taminy
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
some people were hacking in classic so we should allow that too right? quit being morons. p99 strives for classic mechanics. how the server run has nothing to do with that.

Hacking is cheating and was against the original rules. Boxing wasn't.

Ele
12-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Hacking is cheating and was against the original rules. Boxing wasn't.

You have to balance the boxing argument with the fact that accounts are free here and require no monthly fees so they survive forever.

Sharing accounts was against the rules though. Time for some bans :D

Taminy
12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Sharing accounts was though. Time for some bans :D

Yep. I've never shared my account either. Not even with Ninik when she woke me up at 3am for rogue epic mob pop in steamfont :p

water3214
12-03-2014, 11:32 AM
I did the downloads but get this as my screen error code sp1 outdated?

Poeskas
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
So these new changes are pretty shitty, guys.. Can't say i'm crazy about the way they were rolled out either. Tho i gotta say I like the idea of preventing the game from modifying the desktop's gamma settings, the implementation is pretty flawed atm. Also, mobs are way more resistant in general now... I dont think this is working as intended, or as it did in classic. I shouldnt have to malo even low level mobs to avoid getting chain resisted.

Pudge
12-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Haven't logged in yet to see these changes with gamma. But Karsten is right. I remember ultravision and infravision being so cool because it actually colored/enhanced your whole view for better vision and immersion. Was important and looked cool.

Sounds like now, the spells are still just as worthless, but we get to run around jacking up our gamma via win eq in order to see.

If you can't actually emulate classic on this, the change should be reverted.

Bmad1965
12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Gamma is so bad that it is unplayable. Another odd thing is that now I can't get in at all, it pulls up one toon and leaves me at the selection screen with no way to enter world.

AnthonyHJ
12-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Oddly enough, the only issue with the gamma for me is that the lights are too light and the darks are too dark. My human can wander around without a light source, but the second I approach a light source like a torch, the area around it is washed out and lighter than normal.

Windowed or not, my second screen (and my primary screen behind the window) stays at the same gamma level. And this is without WinEQ or EQW or any tools to lock the gamma, just plain vanilla Windows 8.1 and the EQLite version of the client files.

So, not a complaint, just a comment that it's not affecting everyone...

Pringles
12-03-2014, 12:08 PM
I can't say that I am a fan of the gamma change, but I will say that this is *similar* to how it was on live.

Exceptions: Serpent sight etc seems broken, and my UI should not go dark with this change. Otherwise, the environmental darkness seems spot on. I remember being blind as hell on live, getting lost not far from the lifts in GFay because of the darkness, etc etc.

Darkness is pretty classic, there needs to be fixes to the serpent sight / UI issues though.

Smedy
12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Gamma is so bad, and not even close to classic... does this even get tested before implementation?

So so so so so so wrong.

gamma broken as fuck, i remember classic being dark but i have ultra vision and gamma maxed out and i stil can't see my own feet, naw naw, i ain't pvping with this i need to see my target atleast!

remember, different gfx drivers will make gamma different, i think it's a terrible idea to try to make this gamma thing happen, let it go.

Resitance
12-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok the gamma thing sucks and its rocks.

Rocks because it looks way better and less spotty and white

Sucks because even as a wood elf on 100% gamma, i cant see shit.

Whoever did the adjustment, did you tune it to YOUR monitor/tv? Is YOUR monitor/tv setup to ideal settings per online cinema settings? Is it setup to whatever you think looks good? I think what you were comparing it to when you setup was wrong! Because my shit is setup properly and its horrible. It looks good, has shadows, depth and all that but cant see anything. Maybe you play with your brightness at 100% backlight 100% and picture 100%. Other people do not. Try setting up your visuals then readjusting for a new patch plz.

Dualform
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
I copy/pasted this update to my Everquest folder but it says my spellfiles are still out of date at the character selection screen =/

JudgementRed
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I copy/pasted this update to my Everquest folder but it says my spellfiles are still out of date at the character selection screen =/

I have the same problem as well.

Even after a completely clean re-install of EQLite, and with just the P9935 patch files I still get the "my spellfiles are out of date" at character select.

Dynir
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Ditto

Naprox
12-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Nice changes. Interesting that you'd do a player purge before Christmas holiday started.
At any rate, enjoy the lower pops now. I guess that bandwidth was getting expensive.

derpcake
12-03-2014, 12:39 PM

I played in a cybercafe with some other Euros, we usually 2 boxed, and 2 boxed on 2 machines each if necessary.

Its like sex, not having any doesn't mean other people don't :)

Circa.
12-03-2014, 12:41 PM

So so so so so so wrong.

Ok im glad im not the only one, its dark as fuck.

Vicatin
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Gamma change getting rolled back. See haynars post.

Rayzor84
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Nice changes. Interesting that you'd do a player purge before Christmas holiday started.
At any rate, enjoy the lower pops now. I guess that bandwidth was getting expensive.

This. The game was fine as it was, gamma and mechanics wise. I'd even argue we don't need Velious at all.

Ele
12-03-2014, 12:47 PM
This. The game was fine as it was, gamma and mechanics wise. I'd even argue we don't need Velious at all.

oh you guys are funny

Callon
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the work/coding you do devs.

All about being classic, but gamma still changes after server select screen. Loading screen to character select screen is when gamma goes dark. Not even in game yet...

jake505
12-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the patch devs. However I'm still having issues with gamma (I've been posting in the technical discussion thread all throughout beta).

Tested dark elf ultra, my human with infravision gloves and light-source, along with maxed gamma and flux and it still too dark to be playable. FWIW Haynor the Blackburrow tunnel being completely dark without a torch was how things were pre-patch on my machine. My first day on the server in August I died to the two gnoll guards at the tunnel and had to get a torch to see anything at all.

Not sure if I'm in the minority but this is frustrating. The problems seem wide-spread, let me know if screenshots or system specs are helpful.

Edit: Added dark-elf SS at PoD from my system:
http://imgur.com/fM2GZoN

Tann
12-03-2014, 01:13 PM
ppl bitch about wanting it classic, then bitch that its TOO classic..

Thank you H specifically for the true gamma return, I play mostly humans and was hoping this would get fixed.. <3

WolfsongReborn
12-03-2014, 01:24 PM

Sir, you are a moron. This current gamma is nothing even remotely like classic eq and the devs have realized this. Gamma in eq worked based on the race's vision bonuses or lack of them. It was character specific. If you had a spell that improved vision or an item that produced it's own light source in varying degrees this offset it.

This is completely different. The gamma is being set on the client itself completely ignoring race, items, illumination sources and whatnot. It is dimming the entire screen and everything on it to include inventory, icons, menus, chat.

I'm all for classic race bonuses/restrictions as that is what made the choices actually mean something, but this is a bug, an error, an attempt to simulate the lighting that didn't work out. The devs have posted they've realized it and are working on a fix.

mackenzie
12-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I think they rewarded me for beta testing, my ec tunnel toon is wearing a full set of gnome skin armor.

Feanol
12-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Here's some sanity:

The gamma changes are not affecting every user equally. Some are experiencing an unusable UI with total blackness, and others (such as myself) simply have darkened graphics which are totally usable and readable with none of the glitches seen in screenshots.

It's also untrue what some have said that Infravision/Ultra vision have no effect. Again, this seems to vary from setup to setup but on my own machine there is a marked difference between unaided sight and the vision buffs. They're certainly having an effect, if not working as intended.

The people that bring us this game are very experienced coders, and I cringe every time someone insinuates these gamma changes were tested on a single machine. These guys aren't so foolish as to roll out a graphical update like this without testing on a few different hardware setups.

It's obvious some long-term players are having very negative results from this patch, and it's sad to see for sure. It's my hope the Dev team will do something to fix things for these people.

I just want to be on record as a player that has experienced nothing but a darkening; I'm having none of the issues being presented. We may not be as vocal as those experiencing glitches, but we exist.

Using WINE plus Q4wine to create a Windows environment
Playing in windowed but filling screen
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 730

WolfsongReborn
12-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Here's some sanity:

The gamma changes are not affecting every user equally. Some are experiencing an unusable UI with total blackness, and others (such as myself) simply have darkened graphics which are totally usable and readable with none of the glitches seen in screenshots.

It's also untrue what some have said that Infravision/Ultra vision have no effect. Again, this seems to vary from setup to setup but on my own machine there is a marked difference between unaided sight and the vision buffs. They're certainly having an effect, if not working as intended.

The people that bring us this game are very experienced coders, and I cringe every time someone insinuates these gamma changes were tested on a single machine. These guys aren't so foolish as to roll out a graphical update like this without testing on a few different hardware setups.

It's obvious some long-term players are having very negative results from this patch, and it's sad to see for sure. It's my hope the Dev team will do something to fix things for these people.

I just want to be on record as a player that has experienced nothing but a darkening; I'm having none of the issues being presented. We may not be as vocal as those experiencing glitches, but we exist.

Yeah I think the darkness itself would be easier to handle if it didn't mess with the entire screen. I logged onto my WoodElf mule and I could barely see my backpacks with gamma cranked up.

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 01:48 PM
UI was either the old white square box (so wasnt an issue) or velious UI that used white buttons and old ui inventory. the issue is the custom UI.

maahes
12-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Sad to hear so many are having issues. I'm just coming back to P99 again after at least a year away. I grabbed the spell effects project and logged into beta and was extremely happy with what I saw. Classic lighting is huge to me, this effort can't be abandoned!

But I hope all of you guys having issues get it worked out or they provide a fix for you. I know even some DE's are complaining. But i swear.... back in the day my DE carried a beatle eye still cause zones like sol b were still a bit too dark. So many of my brain cells have parrished since then though, I could be mistaken :)

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 01:57 PM
i dunno i can still see the tunnel to BB in EF on a human, not classic i shouldnt be able to see ANYTHING.

http://coreserver.net/smedy/photos/ForumQuest/0MDiy.jpg

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
highkeep looks great but for some reason all the mobs in the zone are in one spot.

http://i.imgur.com/wfEtTTX.jpg

derpcake
12-03-2014, 02:17 PM
highkeep looks great but for some reason all the mobs in the zone are in one spot.

http://i.imgur.com/wfEtTTX.jpg

OTW with my AE dude :p

Srsly though, this is kinda silly.

themessy
12-03-2014, 03:08 PM
UI was either the old white square box (so wasnt an issue) or velious UI that used white buttons and old ui inventory. the issue is the custom UI.

Wrong, in the original game all you had to do was hit F10 and you got a UI which looked very much like the velious ui but it only had 6 buttons instead of 10.

I love the gamma changes, just wish I could see my UI.

Peacocky
12-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Tried to use setup.dll from V33 on V35... lo and behold gamma correction is back on characters select but spells out of friggin date.

Funny thing is, DE see like blind human ... har har HAR!.

Awwalike
12-03-2014, 03:16 PM
gamma change bypassed in 30 seconds.

love these tears

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Wrong, in the original game all you had to do was hit F10 and you got a UI which looked very much like the velious ui but it only had 6 buttons instead of 10.

I love the gamma changes, just wish I could see my UI.

https://media.giphy.com/media/J3JfXYMExIZCE/giphy.gif

MaSQue
12-03-2014, 04:44 PM
We are discussing the Gamma settings internally, It may not be final yet.
I hope it gets fixed because as is, it is unplayable for me

and can someone explain this to me in ENGLISH?

Someone also mentioned the way it is now is classic? If a player cant see a thing around him because everything is black, how is this something that is needed to be added? Leave it like it was sheesh.

Saboteur
12-03-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm unaffected by gamma as I'm using a Wineskin container on Mac and tweaked that setting which resets once I exit the game.

My 2cp - Classic darkness was so cool but it doesn't quit give the same effect when you can't run full screen.
Best approach would be to get full screen working
Fix that the UI elements are not darkened
Fix the lighting and vision effects bug
Then classic darkness would be appropriate

OT: I played briefly this morning with latest patch in OT without issue on Mob placement

worch
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
[/LIST]

What specifically was changed with bard songs?

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Hopefully missed note rate

Peacocky
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I should had stick with Monk.

Munkh
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
No clue what you've done but stability has gone out the window. Alt+tabbing crashes me every time.

Sirviver
12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Adding Classic racial vision modifiers is an excellent idea, but it would have nothing to do with altering client gamma.

WolfsongReborn
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
No clue what you've done but stability has gone out the window. Alt+tabbing crashes me every time.

Likely some conflict between desktop/client gamma freaking it out.

Skew
12-03-2014, 06:40 PM
My gamma is still fubar and even worse than v34 is in v35 i lag and freeze for 2-3 seconds everytime i do something ie : open a bag , change an item in inventory , mem a spell , /who all , type too fast ...you get the idea. Its pretty unplayable.

PhilPhans
12-03-2014, 06:40 PM
i guess it isn't the same for everyone. Cause the world looks awesome to me.

p99soundsok
12-03-2014, 07:17 PM
devs are trying their best to emulate classic. if they can fix something, they will. what are you confused about?

You're trying waaay too hard to suck up to the developers. You're like the annoying fat dork in class who constantly agrees with the teachers about EVERYTHING just for the sake of agreeing with everything the authority has to say.

Meanwhile, we're all reading your posts like:

http://i.imgur.com/6RQCoTQ.gif

Tann
12-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Just watched the sunrise in FoB pit, looks 1000x better with proper gamma

Srsly <3<3<3 you H

hilaropus
12-03-2014, 07:47 PM
For some reason when I logged on to my character she was levitating,
and I didn't have any effects besides invisibility on her at the time.

Also some guards and merchants in Butcherblock were missing.

By the way, thanks for everything that you guys do.

Rogean
12-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Files35 has been updated to remove the gamma adjustments.

Sampten
12-03-2014, 07:59 PM

As of when Rogean? Should we repatch?

I'm running 35, installed it earlier today, and I have the same gamma adjustment issue that others have noted.

Thanks!

salimoneus
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM
As of when Rogean? Should we repatch?

I'm running 35, installed it earlier today, and I have the same gamma adjustment issue that others have noted.

Thanks!

Re-download the patch from the first post and re-apply.

Nefarum
12-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Thank you very much for the quick response and fix!

SamwiseRed
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
You're trying waaay too hard to suck up to the developers. You're like the annoying fat dork in class who constantly agrees with the teachers about EVERYTHING just for the sake of agreeing with everything the authority has to say.

Meanwhile, we're all reading your posts like:

http://i.imgur.com/6RQCoTQ.gif

so imrite?

Droog007
12-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I said it in the other post, will say again here:

being blind as a barbarian was and is classic. being blind as a dark elf (for example) was not. In addition, being blind as a barbarian didn't affect the entire UI, it just affected what you could see in the zone.

Currently, the gamma affects all races, regardless of ultravision, infravision, etc and in addition, makes it so dark that one cannot see items in one's own inventory.

I've also been looking forward to night-blindness for everyone but dark elves - ultravision gave everything a cool blue hue at night... but I agree the UI is too dim for everyone, and living things should be tinted red at night and show up nicely for those races with infravision.

I don't think you can do this with a blanket gamma shift.

karsten
12-03-2014, 10:06 PM
it's fixed now bros, redownload and reinstall the patch

letsjoe
12-03-2014, 10:17 PM
update: gamma fixed. Now hitting control + X, or typing /camp auto client crashes.

Vicatin
12-03-2014, 10:19 PM

Thanks kindly

Sirviver
12-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Thank you, always, Rogean and Team.

Pufferfish
12-03-2014, 11:35 PM

This new patch... if you type /camp while your character is standing it crashes the client.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the new "everything is sit/stand manually" code. :(

salimoneus
12-03-2014, 11:56 PM
This new patch... if you type /camp while your character is standing it crashes the client.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the new "everything is sit/stand manually" code. :(

Doh, yep same thing here. Well at least you don't gotta wait the 30 seconds or whatever :D

Sirviver
12-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Confirmed: Camping while Standing crashes the client, where as of v35, it was requiring you to sit.

Also, spell textures have changed. I recall there was an effort to make the spell graphics look more Classic? I believe that change was undone by the recent patch.

BarackObooma
12-04-2014, 01:45 AM
On red the NPCs in cities are in wrong locations and can't be interacted with (like the bankers and merchants in Felwithe). In Unrest, high level mobs stand in the zoneline, the maze and in MR sometimes but can't be attacked or attack.

Wasqa
12-04-2014, 01:52 AM

The problem is they adjust gamma instead of 3D world. In "Classic" before Kunark, the 3D world was dark, but with the right equipment spells or racial visions you could see better. Changing Gamma is not the same as "Classic" darker 3D world. Even when the game came out the 1st week you could clearly see your UI, could read textb could see the ikons of the loot, could see PC names. When you change gamma, the 2D graphics affected as well; therefore, not "Classic".

I am curious why the darkness being implemented in the first place? To bring the atmosphere or to force people to experience the first ever made 3D MMPRPG the way it used to be played? Why not change the zone in times to 2-4 minutes the way it used to be with the old PCs and 19200 modems? How about forcing the 3D world to a tiny window in the middle of your screen and 1st person only view? Not allowing custom UIs? That was the "Classic" that was fun. Yes it was fun for the first ever 3D MMPORG, but since then hardware got better, Verant learned from experience and feedback of the players and by the Time Kunark came out, they have adjusted the engine. REMOVED dankness so people did not have to increase their gamma settings on their monitors. Made the game more enjoyable.

For those who think adjusting the gamma to recreate the old EQ experience would be a good addition, there does not have to be a global fix. Just go to your eqclient.ini and change the following line:
Gamma=5

Done.

If not dark enough for you keep reducing the Gamma value. Problem solved. You are happy and the other 90% of the server population happy. And no need to force people to brake their eyes unless they want to.

Wasqa
12-04-2014, 01:53 AM

Thank you so very much.

salimoneus
12-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Why not change the zone in times to 2-4 minutes the way it used to be with the old PCs and 19200 modems?

I'm pretty sure I was playing QTest (the beta version of DOS Quake) in 1996 with like a 28.8 modem. By the year 2000 I think they were up to around 200kbps, still not exactly speedy but lighting fast compared to 1996 :D

Mordyth
12-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Awesome. Thanks so much guys :D

apio
12-04-2014, 08:54 AM
ROFL the gamma fix was a complete failure. Anyone who ever played on EQMac knows how its supposed to be. It was a lighting feature, and not the actual turning down of the gamma. If you don't realize that, you don't remember classic EQ.

This is just a terrible workaround, that doesn't really come close to emulating classic EQ. It should never turn down the luminosity of your UI, also Infravision and Ultravision both are broken, so theres that.

Like I said, terrible workaround, not classic, needs to be reverted

PS: If you wanna see how the real game looks like, come on over to TAK (the Eq mac emu server) they use a version of the client that actually has the correct darkness settings.

Until secrets makes it so you can play this game with the trilogy client, classic lightning aficionados are gonna have to be patient

edit> what I find worse than the staffs inability to test this before implementing it on the live server, is the way some people can come into the thread and troll the people who have valid concerns and reports, for pages and pages, without staff giving them a time out.

Asmadi
12-04-2014, 09:07 AM
PS: If you wanna see how the real game looks like, come on over to TAK (the Eq mac emu server) they use a version of the client that actually has the correct darkness settings.

Until secrets makes it so you can play this game with the trilogy client, classic lightning aficionados are gonna have to be patient

edit> what I find worse than the staffs inability to test this before implementing it on the live server, is the way some people can come into the thread and troll the people who have valid concerns and reports, for pages and pages, without staff giving them a time out.

"Fresh and clean, no caffeine." *changes channel because of commercial*

>click<

Rupertox
12-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Typing /camp and hitting enter button, causes now crash, unfortunatelly i do it always to camp....

Rogean
12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
does this even get tested before implementation?

the staffs inability to test

http://i.imgur.com/wgUd5dD.jpg

Daldaen
12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Should have a patch on Saturday so that these respawns are at less of a neckbeard hour.

To fix the camp bug and the few others things that got semi broken last patch.

bwisenhart
12-04-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't think this glitch was there before but it definitely there now.

When a mob is rooted, Clinging Darkness will not take hold.

Specifically, I root mob, then cast clinging darkness from the Reagent Symbol necklace (Shaman).

SamwiseRed
12-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think this glitch was there before but it definitely there now.

When a mob is rooted, Clinging Darkness will not take hold.

Specifically, I root mob, then cast clinging darkness from the Reagent Symbol necklace (Shaman).

you cant snare rooted mobs. you can however root a snared mob. they dont stack til velious.

bwisenhart
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Issue:

Vision spells not enhancing vision enough.

Shaman Ultravision Spell

My troll shaman has better night vision with racial innate infravision then duo partner human with Ultravision cast on him.

From memory of 1999 game, ultravision was clear as day with pronounced purple tint.

Taminy
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
How about forcing the 3D world to a tiny window in the middle of your screen and 1st person only view? Not allowing custom UIs? That was the "Classic" that was fun

God damnit this shit needs to die already. There weren't custom UIs but you could play full screen and use third person, you did not have to use the windowed UI. This is full screen EQ in 1999:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Sand_Giant_-_EverQuest_-_1999.jpg

Hell full screened EQ during BETA:

And this is what the UI looked like in late Kunark and Velious:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/353333-everquest-the-scars-of-velious-windows-screenshot-big-battle.jpg

Pan
12-04-2014, 10:52 AM
WTF? They did listen to those who complained. And as far as testing it goes, it's not an across-the-board thing. People in my guild ranged from no problems to unplayable. And that varied even among them (fine on a laptop, unplayable on a desktop or vice versa). Staff said it worked fine on their boxes. It didn't on some of ours.

And they fixed it quickly on the live servers.

Zalaerian
12-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Lol a million things need fixed and you guy invest time in the gamma settings. Feels good being in Azeroth and not norrath

Man0warr
12-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Only because the gamma changes affected people's desktops/systems.

Daldaen
12-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Lol a million things need fixed and you guy invest time in the gamma settings. Feels good being in Azeroth and not norrath

You're the same one who tried to get them to add a Luclin era enchanter spell to Velious because you said so when you had zero evidence right?

Latege
12-04-2014, 11:55 AM
The Shaman TrueSpirit faction buff was retroactive, so if you have a shaman already created that hasn't started the quest yet he will be indifferent now. That's cool.

ravax
12-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the fix.

Telin
12-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Confirmed: Camping while Standing crashes the client, where as of v35, it was requiring you to sit.

Also, spell textures have changed. I recall there was an effort to make the spell graphics look more Classic? I believe that change was undone by the recent patch.

Spell graphics were changed to be even closer to classic. The thread in the server chat has a long list of changes made over the past several months. It's still not 100% because the client still prevents some advancements.

apio
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
I actually beta tested on my necro. There was no gamma bug though. nice try Rogaine

Zalaerian
12-04-2014, 02:33 PM
You're the same one who tried to get them to add a Luclin era enchanter spell to Velious because you said so when you had zero evidence right?

Balance > classic. The bar has already been set with tstaff/ws procs being reduced. Time to pull the trigger on the rest of it. Just like no one uses Verants garbage UI, gamma is beyond ridiculous

GorrWarrior
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
I just found this link thanks!!!

PhilPhans
12-04-2014, 03:14 PM

with that attitude. Please stay in Azeroth.

Daldaen
12-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Balance > classic. The bar has already been set with tstaff/ws procs being reduced. Time to pull the trigger on the rest of it. Just like no one uses Verants garbage UI, gamma is beyond ridiculous

I look forward to Druids getting Tunare's Renewal, Mask of the Stalker, Moonfire and Spirit of the Eagles. Them Luclin spells $$$.

Even with all those druids would still not be balanced among priests. But it would get closer.

But to suggest enchanters are underpowered currently is lolworthy.

PhilPhans
12-04-2014, 03:37 PM
i'm assuming you are just talking about being a healer with the balance of priest classes.

redhorse
12-04-2014, 03:46 PM
A big part of the attraction of playing on P99 was getting a chance to play the original trilogy, on a server that was stuck in the original trilogy. To add to that, a big part of the attraction was not reliving exactly how it was then, but how it should have been.

It’s like fantasizing about going back in time and starting your life over the freshmen year of high school. The entire concept is tantalizing because of all the things you would do to improve the experience. You could stand up to that bully, join that sports team, buy that Microsoft stock, and (now that you thoroughly understand cunnilingus) get that girl you wanted. Be forced to just relive it as it was, would be… less enjoyable.

I heard about P99 for years before I first started playing, doubting it would pan out all the time. When I first played I was really, really impressed. P99 in classic? From the start? Amazing! You get to play with “modern” resolutions, play on modern hardware, all on modern internet connections! A dream come true!

To top it all off, you benefit from a decade of less desirable things taken out of the game. In game maps, mobs con the appropriate color, UI modernizations, proper gamma implementations, item links, and many, many more. I personally found all of these (maybe minus the maps) marked improvements.

A lot of tweaks did need to be made, to swing it more to the overall feel and flavor of classic. However, steadily changes have been made that seem to be making the game less fun, just for the sake of being more “classic”. I don’t like this.

I understand that there are probably legal constraints that prevent the Devs from profiting from the server. But I would be willing to bet that many people that play here would rather incentivize forms of positive maintenance, opposed to ideological forms of regressive maintenance.

There is also the issue of “kicking away the ladder”. Many people on this server have already progressed very far, under the old lenient system. New players have to start from scratch under the new, less fun, oppressive system. I think the inability to monetize P99 probably has a lot to do with caring less about new players. But, I don’t like this either.

But thank you very much for P99’s existence! - Redhorse

Nocsucow
12-04-2014, 03:52 PM
This patch contains new required files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V35) (http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files35.zip) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Code
Haynar: Removed all visuals of NPCs in every zone
Haynar: Adjusted damage done by critical hits (lowered the damage multipliers).
Haynar: Adjusted minimum damage for critical hits. It was too low for low damage/low delay weapons.
Haynar: Fix for some mobs being unslowable.
Haynar: Fixed MobAI where engaged mobs get rebuffed over and over.
Haynar: Fixed AE stuns to allow better CC of NPCs. Kept stun lock prevention of PCs.
Haynar: Added additional checks for handing items to charmed pets.
Haynar: Added to PvPResistSpell() resist caps for CC type spells.

hammertime7795
12-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I love that hitting camp now crashes ya and locks you out of the game for a few min. Very classic!

Drewciferss
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
So any chance of having npc's and bankers back in zones in proper place and proper working order? this really isnt cool same patch for blue and red and only red is bugged out...now i know both were bugged when they were brought online but wondering why blue has been fixed of the npc and mob issues for over 24 hours and red isnt. if anyone wants to test this logg on blue start in freeport everything fine and then logg on red and nothing there.

Taminy
12-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I look forward to Druids getting Tunare's Renewal, Mask of the Stalker, Moonfire and Spirit of the Eagles. Them Luclin spells $$$.

Even with all those druids would still not be balanced among priests. But it would get closer.

I really hope they don't add spirit of eagle for reasons other than not classic. Drive by spirit of the eagle was the worst thing ever when I had spirit of bih'li or whatever the hell it was called.

hammertime7795
12-04-2014, 07:02 PM
after playing with it a while the crit hit nerf seems kinda harsh. I was under the impression that classic was always 2x for crit 4x for crip. Its not a huge sample thus far but many of my crits are doing less then max melee

MaSQue
12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
why cant Red99 just get a reroll and go back before the patch till you guys figure out what you did wrong?

Zalaerian
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM

WOuld be gr8 changes 8) Wouldnt make druids as big of trashcans in pvp

Sirviver
12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Spell graphics were changed to be even closer to classic. The thread in the server chat has a long list of changes made over the past several months. It's still not 100% because the client still prevents some advancements.
Thank you for your reply, Telin.

I re-patched the zip I have, which is called "ClassicSpells v.0.85", that I found on this site. And it did restore the appearance of spells to as they were being patched via v33, I believe.

I believe I read here that it was so popular, that it was made a part of the standard update patch. Anyways, just noting the difference. :)

Sirviver
12-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Actually, my gaming friend uses the Classic UI that was created by a member of this community, and I myself use the Velious UI to enjoy P99.

Thulack
12-05-2014, 05:14 PM
A big part of the attraction of playing on P99 was getting a chance to play the original trilogy, on a server that was stuck in the original trilogy. To add to that, a big part of the attraction was not reliving exactly how it was then, but how it should have been.

It’s like fantasizing about going back in time and starting your life over the freshmen year of high school. The entire concept is tantalizing because of all the things you would do to improve the experience. You could stand up to that bully, join that sports team, buy that Microsoft stock, and (now that you thoroughly understand cunnilingus) get that girl you wanted. Be forced to just relive it as it was, would be… less enjoyable.

I heard about P99 for years before I first started playing, doubting it would pan out all the time. When I first played I was really, really impressed. P99 in classic? From the start? Amazing! You get to play with “modern” resolutions, play on modern hardware, all on modern internet connections! A dream come true!

To top it all off, you benefit from a decade of less desirable things taken out of the game. In game maps, mobs con the appropriate color, UI modernizations, proper gamma implementations, item links, and many, many more. I personally found all of these (maybe minus the maps) marked improvements.

A lot of tweaks did need to be made, to swing it more to the overall feel and flavor of classic. However, steadily changes have been made that seem to be making the game less fun, just for the sake of being more “classic”. I don’t like this.

I understand that there are probably legal constraints that prevent the Devs from profiting from the server. But I would be willing to bet that many people that play here would rather incentivize forms of positive maintenance, opposed to ideological forms of regressive maintenance.

There is also the issue of “kicking away the ladder”. Many people on this server have already progressed very far, under the old lenient system. New players have to start from scratch under the new, less fun, oppressive system. I think the inability to monetize P99 probably has a lot to do with caring less about new players. But, I don’t like this either.

But thank you very much for P99’s existence! - Redhorse

Bolded part is where you are wrong. Sorry you came here thinking the wrong thing.

worch
12-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Code

What specifically was changed with bard songs?

stifling
12-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Not sure if this was a change or if this is a bug but Selos song of travel drops as soon as another song is cast...

Secrets
12-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Not sure if this was a change or if this is a bug but Selos song of travel drops as soon as another song is cast...

Selo's Song of Travel is an invis song, so that's right.

Gustoo
12-12-2014, 11:41 PM
All classic arguements are nullified by the fact that Blue 99 casters have been able to duck cancel spell cast (non era correct) for multiple years while Red 99 casters have had to wait for the entire cast time to run out before casting another spell.

All staff has known about this since day 1 and have left it as-is.

These changes are dumb, and yes, in total darkness your classic solid non see-thru UI was full bright and really nice and happy just the way bristlebane meant it to be.

heartbrand
12-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Bolded part is where you are wrong. Sorry you came here thinking the wrong thing.

How is someone's personal opinion on what attracted him to this server wrong? Am I wrong for liking coke over Pepsi? The only thing wrong with his statement is that it doesn't align with the devs vision, but he's saying what brought him here wasn't that. I agree 100% with him.

Monks will be OP gods in velious because the nerfs didn't come until the end of the expansion / luclin, but in the name of classic we will have an incorrectly and unbalanced class. That just seems dumb in my opinion. Same with hybrid exp, same with hybrid mana cost, I could go on for a long time.

Ultimately though, it's the devs vision, it's their playground, and it's still better than anything else out there. So pras to that.

Thulack
12-13-2014, 04:01 PM
How is someone's personal opinion on what attracted him to this server wrong? Am I wrong for liking coke over Pepsi? The only thing wrong with his statement is that it doesn't align with the devs vision, but he's saying what brought him here wasn't that. I agree 100% with him.

Monks will be OP gods in velious because the nerfs didn't come until the end of the expansion / luclin, but in the name of classic we will have an incorrectly and unbalanced class. That just seems dumb in my opinion. Same with hybrid exp, same with hybrid mana cost, I could go on for a long time.

Ultimately though, it's the devs vision, it's their playground, and it's still better than anything else out there. So pras to that.

Voicing your opinions is fine but dont use it as a argument as to why someone shouldnt do what they want with their project. Opinions are fine but in the long run mean absolutely nothing to people unless they want to take them. And obviously his opinion of what this server was suppose to be isnt what it is. If you like Coke thats fine but don't make posts saying Pepsi is wrong in what they are doing because you like coke more. And yes its the dev's playground in the end and their opinion is the only one that matters.