PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Frozen Shadow 3rd floor key mob

Domisk
12-01-2014, 02:32 PM
I have been camping the 3rd floor for several hours trying to get the named mob to spawn, I had no problem on floor 1 and 2 and even stayed on 2 long enough to get the named to spawn a few times untill I got my homework. I have talked to several people that have been camping floor 3 for days with no key holder. I know on live when our group wiped a few levels up we would have to get new keys and this only took a few hours on live during Velious. Is this mob broken or am I just crazy that we could get each key mob to spawn in an hour or 2 on live?

Domisk
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Ok it took me around 7+ hours to get him to spawn but he finally did. That is including hours of people before me that were camping there before I logged in. This was done in one night and the next morning.

Nicoladen
12-01-2014, 03:55 PM
I can second this - it seems too rare. I never tried ToFS on live or can't remember, so I don't know if it's working as intended. I Camped the 3rd floor for 2-3 hours yesterday and 1½ hours today - no key.
I got my 1st floor key within 15 minutes and got the 2nd floor key after 5-10 minutes.
I know it's random, but still..

Sirken
12-13-2014, 12:50 PM
floor three is more rare than 1&2, and floor 4 is more rare than the first 3 keys.

the second key - took two complete library clears to spawn the key mob,
the third key - took 6 or 7 clears of the entire floor to spawn the key mob
the fourth key - was a real pain in the ass, but im writing this off as bad luck with the RNG, ill get in there and try it again to see if it takes just as long
the fifth key - cleared the wedding room 3 times and got the key mob to pop
the sixth key - took multiple clears for the old model spectre to spawn, Vhal'Sera popped afterwards as intended