PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: December 1st, 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Rogean
12-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Code

Haynar: Reduced distance of generic say and emote messages to 100.
Haynar: Mana drain spells will no longer drain bard mana.
Haynar: Moved player channeling checks based on distance moved to a linear model. This makes it a little more difficult to channel with small moves.
Haynar: Succor/Evac spells will have a chance to leave someone behind.
Haynar: Transport spells, such as regular port spells, will now leave behind people who are invulerable.
Haynar: Looting a corpse while hidden will now change the appearance of the looter to show they are visible. Rogues will get a message that they are no longer hidden. It will not reset the hide button still ... sorry.
Haynar: Made an adjustment to loot corpse distances, to make it easier (or possible at all in some cases) looting very large corpses.
Haynar: Rooted clients will no longer be pushed by combat.
Haynar: Added a fix for some cases that were not causing faction hits from healing only.
Haynar: Bard Epic will no longer increase the duration of stuns.
Haynar: Improved (more classic) FD behavior.
Haynar: FD logic will remember better that you are FD, when a spell lands. No more flip/flop while a mob is casting to avoid breaking FD.
Haynar: FD is now progressive. On first attempt, mob has about 2/3 chance of remembering you. On second attempt, about 50/50 chance. Each subsequent attempt will give you a greater chance at the mob forgetting you.
Haynar: NPCs will no longer waste using HT and LoH, if the special class skill is attempted while already casting a spell.
Haynar: Giving items to charmed pets, will be lootable when pet is killed. This does not apply to some mobs who have quests associated with them.
Haynar: Mobs who banish, will no longer take damage from players above the max level to engage.
Haynar: Voice Graft will now use the clean name in shout, i.e. Goner, rather than Goner000.
Haynar: Items in the cursor queue will no longer be deleted upon death (including bags).
Haynar: Using a key from the cursor, will now only recognize being in the top held cursor slot, instead of anywhere in the queue.
Haynar: LOS Fixes for permafrost.map - One of the placeable objects was not working right, and causing LoS issues.
Haynar: Specialization skills will now apply a fixed mana reduction, based on skill level.
Haynar: Adjusted mob fleeing speeds. Don't forget to snare.
Haynar: Fixes for no rent items on the cursor.
Haynar: Disarming a client will now visibly display that they no longer have the weapon equipped.
Haynar: Revamped Attack Speed, Double Attack Chance, Dual Wield Chance, based on Torven's data.
Haynar: Fix for cursor queue desync when a tradeskill combine summons multiple items to the cursor.
Haynar: Fixed cure disease and poison spells, so the removal of negative effects by a single spell cure slot, do not remove counters from multiple buffs.
Haynar: Remove the default min chance to resist all spells.
Haynar: Added a 100% debuff bonus for PvP debuffs.
Haynar: Items sold to a merchant, will no longer be available to purchase after they are killed.
Haynar: Added mob size corrections to match client max distance, for ranged attacks. +1 assist to Zaela.
Haynar: Fix for some ALL/ALL spells being flagged as bard songs. Example: GM Spells. This fixes some stacking issues.
Haynar: Made some spell stacking more classic, for refreshing identical spells. The old spell will be faded first, and new spell will be put into lowest slot.
Haynar: Lowered Client LD melee damage output.
Haynar: Fixed LD/Charmed clients to not Stick on their targets (including in pvp).
Haynar: Fixed jumpy movement of clients when feared/charmed.
Haynar: Capped resists to 255.
Haynar: Fixed issues associated with dispell spells being resisted.
Haynar: Added spell counters to function with cancel magic spells.
Haynar: Player pets will no longer give experience.
Haynar: Added a range check to NPC charm.
Haynar: Fix for canceled trade, which makes it look like coin is missing, but reappears on cursor after zoning. It will now display to inventory properly upon canceling the trade.
Haynar: Items held on cursor with the pick lock skill mod will now affect the skill properly.
Haynar: Stacking fix for dragon AEs.
Haynar: Charmed pets, who are enchanters, will no longer charm pets of their own.
Haynar: (PVP) Removed 20% damage reduction for archery
Haynar: (PVP) Rain spells will now hit unlimited player targets.
Haynar: (PVP) Environmental damage will no longer cause exp loss.
Haynar: (PVP) Adjusted null's resist system for PvP.
Haynar: (PVP) Moved PvP client vs client mitigation to RealAC calc based formula.
Haynar: (PVP) Dots from clients in PvP will now do reduced PvP mitigation damage after zoning.
Haynar: (PVP) Removing a HP item with more HP than you have will result in suicide.
Haynar: (PVP) Charming a player summoned pet in pvp, will now depop that pet.
Haynar: (PVP) Fix for spells with recourses, not adding a debuff to other client, like Vexing Mordina.
Haynar: (PVP) Reduced max melee combat range.
Kanras: Sense traps no longer reports the direction towards a trap. It just reorients you towards it.
Kanras: Physical traps, like those in SolA, now respond correctly to mouse clicks. They can no longer be sensed/disarmed via skills.
Kanras: NPCs can now use ranged attacks when flagged to do so.
Kanras: Improved character creation random name generator.

Content

Nilbog: Faction hits updated for the following quests: 'Honey Mead for Trumpy', 'Farren's Tacklebox', 'Hurrieta's Tunic', 'Bone Chips for Lashun', 'Gold for Lashun', 'Rebby's Rat Whiskers', 'Note for Janam', 'Assist the Great Xelha', 'Bandages for Honeybugger', 'Orc Picks', 'Deathfist Slashed Belts: Evil version', 'Deathfist Slashed Belts: Good version', 'Sir Morgan's Armor', 'Ivan McMannus' Remains', 'White Sash'
Nilbog: Trakanon no longer wastes time with general necromancer spells.
Nilbog: brownies of Lesser Faydark: merchants no longer assist, loot improved.
Nilbog: Several high level poison components have been added.
Nilbog: Several items were dropping from the wrong npcs in airplane. This has been corrected.
Nilbog: Enchanter 'Test of Disillusion' now requires Black Nebulous Sapphire
Nilbog: Added objects to block Veksar zone lines.
Nilbog: Added many missing npcs to Kurn's Tower.
Nilbog: Lower level giants of Kunark no longer drop Lord's Tunics.
Nilbog: Overseer of Air no longer wields Efreeti weapons that he has on loottable. He will always wield two Fine Steel Daggers.
Nilbog: 'Karana Clovers' quest now results in more varied rewards.
Nilbog: Yola Sweetcookie, Spindle, Jillian Dayson, and Klok F`tshai now sell appropriate wares.
Nilbog: The Darkpaws of North Qeynos have gained a family member. Corrected shout appearance for ones not displaying the name of shouter.
Nilbog: The shaman class is now indifferent to faction TrueSpirit on character creation.
Nilbog: pawduster of Karnor's now spawns in an individual location with an increased % chance.
Nilbog: Spiked Ball Molds can be found at more vendors.
Nilbog: Spells Levant and Quivering Veil of Xarn may only be cast at night.
Nilbog: Corrected loot and spawns of the vengeful skeletons in Everfrost.
Nilbog: Hammer of the Dragonborn has a higher casting time, but no longer a recast delay.
Nilbog: Spirit of Sloth poison now procs Muscle Lock IV.
Nilbog: The Spear of Fate may now be completed without repeating steps from the quest chain. Performing each step once, shamans should end up with exactly the right amount for the final turn in.
Nilbog: Thistle Underbrush may now drop Pouch of Mistletoe Powder and spawn in a variety of locations.
Nilbog: The Plane of Fear has been altered. Traditionally, and persisting throughout the classic timeline, hills and walls in fearplane provided no protection from line of sight aggro. In accordance with this change, some npcs have received a decrease in their aggro radius and/or assist radius.
Nilbog: Everfrost mob variety, pathing, and factions improved.
Nilbog: Corrected many rogue poisons that had lower than expected proc effects.
Nilbog: Rewrote Caleah Herblender's quest as multiquestable. It also requires apprehensive or better faction.
Nilbog: Ginleen Harltop no longer pvp guard assists.
Nilbog: Quid Rilstone's spawn mechanics completely redone.
Nilbog: Terrorantula is now on a spawn cycle. Terrorantula Silk no longer drops - it will return a few months into Velious.
Nilbog: Amulet of the Void and Fairy-hide mantle can now be recharged in a Box of the Void.
Nilbog: Skipping Stone is no longer stackable.
Nilbog: Fixed a few npc quests which would only award once when given multiples.
Nilbog: There may only be one Driver Bryggins spawned at a time.
Nilbog: spite golems are now visibly smaller. Maestro is larger.
Nilbog: A few npcs in Paineel had issues with quests. These have been resolved.
Nilbog: Changed icon color for Crimson Robe of Alendine.
Nilbog: Shissar Hide Tome no longer drops.
Nilbog: Centaurs in South Karana now wander appropriately and with more variety.
Nilbog: Changed loot and spawn times of a few dwarves in OOT.
Nilbog: Dill Fireshine's 'Orc Hatchet' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Bilrio Surecut's 'Kilij' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Linadian's 'Orc Vests' quest is now multiquestable and both turn ins for vests are possible.
Nilbog: a drunkard's 'Bandit Sisters' quest is now multiquestable. 'Wino' quest now works.
Nilbog: Guard Valon's 'Orc Pick' quest is now multiquestable. 'Cutthroat Rings' quest now requires indifferent or better faction.
Nilbog: Cain Darkmoore's 'Deathfist Slashed Belt: Good version' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Orcs of East Commons no longer drop scalps.
Nilbog: 'Weapons Delivery' quest now works better and is multiquestable. Larn provides the correct note for Groflah. Added missing faction hits and coin rewards. Requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: 'A Job for Nanrum' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Waltor Felligan's 'Wooly Fungus' quest requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: Cappi McTarnigal and Ysanna MacGibbon quests require indifferent or better faction.
Nilbog: Lysbith McNaff's 'Ice Goblin Necklace' quest requires indifferent or better faction.
Nilbog: Abhorrent Powder no longer drops.
Nilbog: scaled wolf elder now exists. Many additional npc spawns added to northwest area of warslikswood.
Nilbog: Phinigel Autropos drops between 1-4 items at a time. Previously it was 2.
Nilbog: Corrected heading of clients zoning into Sebilis.
Nilbog: Natasha Whitewater (Lake Rathe) now depops when given Damaged Goblin Crown. Natasha Whitewater (Timorous) now depops when given Lord Gimblox Ring.
Nilbog: Rangers may no longer use Spell: Regeneration.
Nilbog: The Ishva Mal will now spawn according to the November 2000 timeline.
Haynar: Adjusted run speed of raptors in Timorous Deep.
Kanras: Reduced Make Poison skill cap to 200.
Kanras: Reduced Shadowknight pre-51 Defense skill cap to 200. Will return to 210 later in the timeline.
Kanras: Reduced Ranger pre-51 Offense skill cap to 200. Will return to 210 later in the timeline.
Alunova: Ashenbone Drakes will no longer cast Planes of Power spells.
Alunova: Fixed the pathing for a few roaming mobs in Upper Guk.
Alunova: Fixed the pathing for a few roaming mobs in Lower Guk.
Alunova: Fixed the pathing for a few roaming mobs in Droga.
Alunova: Added pathing in the room below Xalgoz in Kaesora.
Alunova: Fixed a pathing exploit in Crushbone.
Alunova: Dartain the Lost is more magic resistant and will sometimes drop 2 times.

Itap
12-01-2014, 10:18 AM
First. Thanks P99 staff!

edit - Fixed this for you bog

Nilbog: sprite golems are now visibly smaller. Maestro is larger.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25rjsy0.jpg

Runya
12-01-2014, 10:22 AM
woot

uwill99
12-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Thank you for all the hard work and thought put into it! (buff necros to be gods)

Culkasi
12-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Thank you! Many great updates, and it seems like we're getting a lot of much needed beta testing done, and I can't wait to take part in it this afternoon after having been away all weekend!

Can I ask approximately what time it is expected to come back up on Tuesday? I know there probably isn't an exact answer, but as an officer in a European guild with a few targets up on the rotation, it would be great to know if I have to prepare my members to stay up till very late or if we can expect it to happen before 6pm EST (midnight CET).

Thank you in advance

Varren
12-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Thank you so much for your work on this project.

Roky Erickson
12-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks

danceparty
12-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Amulet of the Void and Fairy Hide Mantle re-chargeable = win. THANKS!

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 10:42 AM
SO MANY WOW! SO MANY CLASSICS!

Nikkanu
12-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks alot for all the fixes! Can't wait to try them out!

No fix for monk epic not being visible to other clients? :(

Genedin
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
omg.

Pras Haynar X 1000

You are a saint. On behalf of the red community I salute you good sir. Can't wait to see how these changes work..god I have so many questions.

Freakish
12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Was the chance to have an npc resist any spell removed?

Ele
12-01-2014, 10:58 AM
HNNNNGH

Genedin
12-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Will there be any further numbers or clarification around this stuff?

Perhaps It's somewhere else I am missing it? If so I apologize.

Haynar: Revamped Attack Speed, Double Attack Chance, Dual Wield Chance, based on Torven's data. I assume nerfed?

Haynar: Lowered the debuff bonus for PvP debuffs. Any numbers?

Fixed issues associated with dispell spells being resisted../Added spell counters to function with cancel magic spells. - Does this mean they can be resisted like in classic now? Or they were somehow already being resisted?

(PVP) Adjusted null's resist system for PvP. wut?

(PVP) Moved PvP client vs client mitigation to RealAC calc based formula. - I thought they already patched AC last patch?

khanable
12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks alot for all the fixes! Can't wait to try them out!

No fix for monk epic not being visible to other clients? :(

It works on beta, so it's certainly still coming

also pras devs

Thrilla
12-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Haynar: (PVP) Fix for spells with recourses, not adding a debuff to other client, like Vexing Mordina.

Dang, took 3 years.. but finally :) thanks for work you guys put into project.

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Ragefire (Dragon) will now flee at low HP as well, correct?

Savok
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Haynar, did you fix the issue with the black square in the Target window on custom UI's? I know you said that you found the issue but would have to wait for the servers to come down to fix.

blondeattk
12-01-2014, 11:26 AM
lookslike a load of nerfs and bitch inspired backward steps to me. typical tbh

Haynar
12-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Was the chance to have an npc resist any spell removed?

Yes. It is gone.

rafaone
12-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the job devs.

/bow

Haynar
12-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Haynar, did you fix the issue with the black square in the Target window on custom UI's? I know you said that you found the issue but would have to wait for the servers to come down to fix.

I did not get it to work. Should be able to fix the UI. Will take a look and see which component of the UI needs removed. It has to do with the image for the attack indicator.

H

Ele
12-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Sleeper server that way ---->

SamwiseRed
12-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Sleeper server that way ---->

damn ele just forum pk'd that dude.

Skew
12-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Are the gamma changes intentional? I changed my gfx card settings but whenever i relog im back to very dark graphics.

Smedy
12-01-2014, 11:43 AM
great work guys, much appreciated, especially the pvp parts, love it!

zanderklocke
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Thank god for 255 resists. Finally we can stop carrying around terrible equipment just for +5 to resists.

So now we can loot weapons given to charmed pets...how does this work with no-drop items that aren't normally able to be traded?

Nuktari
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/25rjsy0.jpg

http://media1.giphy.com/media/3kApUPwvsENJS/200.gif

Nujabes
12-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the hard work, gentlemen!

Pringles
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Wow, devs been busy busy busy! A+

Also: Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing.

Take that, you lazy red bastards!

Byrjun
12-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Haynar: Revamped Attack Speed, Double Attack Chance, Dual Wield Chance, based on Torven's data. I assume nerfed?

Based on another thread, this is apparently for NPCs. Attack speed increased, double attack and dual wield chance decreased.

Fixed issues associated with dispell spells being resisted../Added spell counters to function with cancel magic spells. - Does this mean they can be resisted like in classic now? Or they were somehow already being resisted?

The way it's working on beta is that all dispels are unresistable (not just Cancel Magic), and if you use a dispel that's "not strong enough" it'll skip buffs/debuffs until it finds one it can remove.

murrpau
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Regarding the gamma shift which has plagued some of us for 15 years:
(I'm only recommending this if you really need a way around it and can't adjust it in any other way and literally can't ply the game in "classic darkness")
1) Log in to beta.
2) Open another client, log into some other bullshit emu like EZ but leave it on character select.
3) I know this is a beta test, so report bugz

Edit: Nevermind, this resets every time you zone still. You'd have to log back in to the other every time you zone, and that's not really a feasible solution
Others say "Just do NVidia control panel and override brightness" but that
1) Still resets every time you zone
2) Some of us literally can not open Nvidia control panel because something's broken somewhere and they won't fix it.

Anyway, enjoy the classic darkness, kids. See ya when this snowblindness blows over.

Kelor
12-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Cant seem to get the gamma back here, soon as I try to go full screen it will go dark again.

Menobank
12-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Nilbog: pawBuster of Karnor's now spawns in an individual location with an increased % chance

Fixed it for ya :P

Juevento
12-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Did the changes to rogue hide make it into this patch as well? I thought I remembered that a reversion to the old way hide worked was planned for the next patch

Thaedrik
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM
If server will now be down an additional day (or more) have plans been made to replace items lost to corpse rots?

Nicoladen
12-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the hard work guys!!

@Rogean: you made a typo

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure you meant "Some time Monday" :D

EDIT: ok now my post got approved and it's ~15 hours later - tuesday. I know for a fact he didn't mean monday :D

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 12:53 PM
If server will now be down an additional day (or more) have plans been made to replace items lost to corpse rots?

If they were full corpses probably.
If they were key corpses in PoSky or items with a single lore item on them... I hope not.

Byrjun
12-01-2014, 12:59 PM
GMs can always restore corpses unless they're in Sky. I believe if something rots in Sky you're SoL.

Scrubosaur
12-01-2014, 01:03 PM
rogue hide/sneak fix in?

Tameth
12-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Nilbog: Natasha Whitewater (Lake Rathe) now depops when given Damaged Goblin Crown. Natasha Whitewater (Timorous) now depops when given Lord Gimblox Ring.

Market

Tameth: Full Cleric Epic MQ (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147013) pricing adjustments added appropriately.

Tameth
12-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Thank god for 255 resists. Finally we can stop carrying around terrible equipment just for +5 to resists.

So now we can loot weapons given to charmed pets...how does this work with no-drop items that aren't normally able to be traded?

Good call. Surely this won't be possible. Right?

Priceline
12-01-2014, 01:15 PM

Good call. Surely this won't be possible. Right?

Incoming TMO/IB level 3 alts with VP weapons!

Gimp
12-01-2014, 01:20 PM
I tried giving an HS charm pet a no drop weapon a few months ago and it just ate it, so I don't think there's anything to worry about on that front.

Tameth
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Incoming TMO/IB level 3 alts with VP weapons!

This is already a thing considering they key their level 1's

Joyelle
12-01-2014, 01:27 PM

I was told the actual change to the turn-in happened long ago but the Black Nebulous Sapphire was not on the loot tables. Can we expect to see these drop now? Or have they been on the loot tables this whole time and we're just really unlucky?

Raev
12-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Wow, some really fantastic stuff there from the devs, especially Haynar.

Dazed
12-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Like I needed another reason to hate my necro...

Levant and Quivering Veil of Xarn only at night!?!?!?!?!

Don't remember this.

nilbog
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM

I was told the actual change to the turn-in happened long ago but the Black Nebulous Sapphire was not on the loot tables. Can we expect to see these drop now? Or have they been on the loot tables this whole time and we're just really unlucky?

It's on the tables now. Previously, the quest files were updated, but the drop required a full database patch for the loottables.

Joyelle
12-01-2014, 01:42 PM
It's on the tables now. Previously, the quest files were updated, but the drop required a full database patch for the loottables.

thanks nilbog!

Rayzor84
12-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Will there be any further numbers or clarification around this stuff?

Perhaps It's somewhere else I am missing it? If so I apologize.

Haynar: Lowered the debuff bonus for PvP debuffs. Any numbers?

(PVP) Adjusted null's resist system for PvP. wut?

(PVP) Moved PvP client vs client mitigation to RealAC calc based formula. - I thought they already patched AC last patch?

Interested in the first point as well. We're these things nerfed or buffed for double attack etc?

ManToWolfz
12-01-2014, 01:55 PM
no necro changes for lifetaps yet. was told this would be in a year ago. cant land dots on any kunark raid boss. now they want to change it so necro's can no longer levant and da properly. what is it that necro's do on raids exactly besides train away shit now adays? such a broken class on this server its sad. /delete necro

Merekai
12-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Did the changes to rogue hide make it into this patch as well? I thought I remembered that a reversion to the old way hide worked was planned for the next patch

Was also curious if this was a incoming fix or not.

Chev

jettle
12-01-2014, 02:00 PM
is anyone else having trouble extracting these files? no matter what I do I get the spell outdated issue at character select screen

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Levant and Quivering being night limited is classic. Less complaining, more playing classic. Your class can still Regen mana better than anyone else, only caster who can heal themself, can FD, root, instant INVIS, have a pet to tank, fear summoning mobs that would crush most other kiters, etc etc etc. Necros are fine.

No Drop items are eaten by NPCs. They will not wield them, nor will they be part of their corpse when killed. Don't need to worry about this issue.

Many classic changes are good.

phiren
12-01-2014, 02:03 PM
no necro changes for lifetaps yet. was told this would be in a year ago. cant land dots on any kunark raid boss. now they want to change it so necro's can no longer levant and da properly. what is it that necro's do on raids exactly besides train away shit now adays? such a broken class on this server its sad. /delete necro

Amen brother.

In addition to the above... is this referring to necro / SK / monk FD or just monk FD?
~~~~~~

Haynar: FD logic will remember better that you are FD, when a spell lands. No more flip/flop while a mob is casting to avoid breaking FD.

Haynar: FD is now progressive. On first attempt, mob has about 2/3 chance of remembering you. On second attempt, about 50/50 chance. Each subsequent attempt will give you a greater chance at the mob forgetting you.

~~~~~~

Pretty sure a necro is dead if FD #1 doesn't work.

Re-rolling ranger.

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 02:04 PM
GMs can always restore corpses unless they're in Sky. I believe if something rots in Sky you're SoL.

No... GMs will summon a corpse for you in sky if you're in sky. However they will, after you've looted your corpse, summon you over the edge and you will fall into Freeport, poofing any keys you had. If you try to leave the corpse without looting keys they will poof it, or move it to GM island.

They're smarter than your average bear these P99 GMs.

salimoneus
12-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Good stuffs, thanks!

Whirled
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Adjusted run speed of raptors in Timorous Deep.

Can we get verification on this?

https://static.squarespace.com/static/5216ffe3e4b069b8151dc23b/t/52515053e4b05f3f015440cf/1381060692946/3ulwod.jpg

Jettison
12-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Also unable to land any DOT's except Vexing Mordinia on raid mobs in Velious. I mean literally I emptied my mana out and only thing I was able to land was Vexing and Pyrocuror (about 50/50)... everything else was resisted 100% of the time.

This was a sleepers tomb raid.

SamwiseRed
12-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Doting raid mobs. Lel

Erati
12-01-2014, 02:23 PM
necros using their entire mana bar to twitch Dragon/Giant- Bane wizards or clerics WAS classic raiding

sorry necros...

SamwiseRed
12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Ye these necros are trying to play wow warlocks lol

ManToWolfz
12-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Levant and Quivering being night limited is classic. Less complaining, more playing classic. Your class can still Regen mana better than anyone else, only caster who can heal themself, can FD, root, instant INVIS, have a pet to tank, fear summoning mobs that would crush most other kiters, etc etc etc. Necros are fine.

No Drop items are eaten by NPCs. They will not wield them, nor will they be part of their corpse when killed. Don't need to worry about this issue.

Many classic changes are good.

Ok they are so, "fine" tell me exactly what they do on raids?

Ele
12-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Doting raid mobs. Lel

people expecting necros to be more than dmf and mana bots :D lul

Ele
12-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Ok they are so, "fine" tell me exactly what they do on raids?

twitch, dmf, twitch, twitch, lich, twitch, twitch

run around corner, fd, /q, EE rez cleric

ManToWolfz
12-01-2014, 02:41 PM
or they could make the changes they said they had in the works over a year ago when velious was 3 months away wooo

Freakish
12-01-2014, 02:44 PM
The last Hoshkar I played on my necro I cast Pyro (it landed) then ran 300 feet away and stood over the lava since nothing else would have landed.

There are no corners to be cut here!

Raev
12-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Pretty sure a necro is dead if FD #1 doesn't work.

He is talking about FD memory, not the chance of FD itself to succeed. Previously the chance of a mob remembering you after N consecutive FDs was 0.65^n. It is now 0.65*0.5*0.4 ... or something like that. Really it's a monk thing.

Also you can tap any Velious target that is slowable, which is like half of them, and quite a few dots land.

Mendo
12-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Market

Tameth: Full Cleric Epic MQ (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147013) pricing adjustments added appropriately.

Too bad you didn't get them set up before the nerf. What is the new price now?

I currently have ZERO Full Cleric Epic MQ(s) ready to go.
I currently have ZERO Heart of Ragefire MQ(s) ready to go.

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 03:14 PM

This.

Necros DoTing on raids is far less useful than them twitching clerics or wizards.

Nadir
12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I am excited about changes made for necros in PvP. Full heal on lifetap still needs to happen but other than that splurt and pyrocur will now hit for at least 1-2 ticks before being dispelled lol. As far as qvox and Levant go, meh was good while it lasted...makes room for one more dot or shadow step for PvP.

Pras staff for all their hard work

Droog007
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM

This is a fantasy. It's possible that too many mobs see invis, but I will never believe that there were different "levels" of see invis until Shoud of Stealth was added. Yes, I play a rogue here and did so also for many years on live. If any changes are needed on this front, it is to 1) reduce the % chance that a mob will spawn with the innate ability to see invis, and 2) add the "You suspect that this creature can see you" message that informed a rogue that a see-invis mob is conning indifferent due to faction or sneak. (Maybe this happened for more than just rogues?) I don't recall when this was added - it could be beyond our timeline.

Don't remember this.

I definitely remember this. sorry, Necros.

Mud
12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Excellent patch!

Curious what evidence was used for lowering the Make Poison cap to 200. I'm not finding any threads on this in the bugs forum.

QFuzzle
12-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks Devs/GM's for your hard work. ^^

And thanks to the folks who have been submitting/posting bugs/errors/etc. information for the Devs to tackle.

Hurray for teamwork and progress! :D

Red_Psyphon
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Great work by our Devs. Pras all around.

Jeisenne
12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Thank you all for your hard work on this. It's definitely appreciated!

Tameth
12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Too bad you didn't get them set up before the nerf. What is the new price now?

I currently have ZERO Full Cleric Epic MQ(s) ready to go.
I currently have ZERO Heart of Ragefire MQ(s) ready to go.

oh I got setup with a bunch of robes and MQ parts. I have a heart but I think i'll only sell full MQs for the time being. as for the pricing adjustment... was going to talk to some people and work on a good figure.

Alendria
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM

This is exactly how necros played until Luclin when raid mobs weren't as resisty and the 9/2/2002 patch that allowed DoT stacking on mobs.

Non-lifetap resists in Kunark/Velious always sucked for necros as far as I remember, but lifetaps almost always worked save for intentially full MR mobs. Was a lot of QQ on the old eqnecro forums from Brownivy and whoever Trinity's GL was at the time. Raiding as a necro wasn't really that fun until we could do 14 hojillion damage to emp ssra from 27 funeral pyres over that 30 minute fight. There's a reason I didn't roll a necro here but god were they fun after that patch.

brecon
12-01-2014, 04:01 PM
oh I got setup with a bunch of robes and MQ parts. I have a heart but I think i'll only sell full MQs for the time being. as for the pricing adjustment... was going to talk to some people and work on a good figure.

Sounds like this information may have been leaked...

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Sounds like this information may have been leaked...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166462

Super secret Bug forum where I bumped that post atleast 10 times over several months before it was nilbog approved.

But with these changes should see less epic farmers and more cleeics doing their own epics legit hopefully. Really need to find some more evidence to determine if Natasha should have two versions akin to Sirran and only accept certain quest pieces when spawned by other specific quest pieces.

Erati
12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166462

Super secret Bug forum where I bumped that post atleast 10 times over several months before it was nilbog approved.

But with these changes should see less epic farmers and more cleeics doing their own epics legit hopefully. Really need to find some more evidence to determine if Natasha should have two versions akin to Sirran and only accept certain quest pieces when spawned by other specific quest pieces.

jesus I just copy'd the URL from the bug forum to troll that guy's response and you beat me to it

Fail troll is fail. :(

dragolyche
12-01-2014, 04:08 PM
thank you

kanras
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Excellent patch!

Curious what evidence was used for lowering the Make Poison cap to 200. I'm not finding any threads on this in the bugs forum.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010207201120/http://eq.castersrealm.com/creationguides/rogue.asp

Nefarum
12-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Overall a good patch, thank you devs.

One thing I have to complain about though, making the screen tinted so dark now is just miserable. I understand trying to recreate "classic" feel, but this is taking it too far, and just making this awful to play. Not to mention it messes with the darkness of the rest of the windows on my computer. I often like to play P99 while also working on something, but I can't do that if you're going to make all my windows so dark.

You guys really need to undo this change, it's a TERRIBLE idea, and does nothing but make me want to play less.

Velium
12-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Any ETA on when the server will be up tomorrow?

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Hopefully around this time and not some Neckbeard hours!

toolshed
12-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Great patch! It's getting me in the mood for Velious

I must admit I was eagerly looking down the list for /guildwar, but some day . . .

fiveeauxfour
12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I <3 the changes to FD!

Rayzor84
12-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Besides gamma, how do I restore brightness without going into monitor settings :/

Also someone please confirm whether attack speed, DW and double attack were nerfed or buffed?

Tankdan
12-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Gamma is making EQ unplayable right now, hope this was not intentional.

It's just going to cause people to use 3rd party gamma changers.

Kenzi
12-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Can't test anything if I can't see it.

Vicatin
12-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Its so....dark. Yikes... that cant be intentional right?

Raev
12-01-2014, 06:39 PM
I am also curious about the adjustment of mob cooldown/da/dw chance. I couldn't find it by searching the forums.

Titanx
12-01-2014, 06:55 PM
I think there is an issue with decreasing Rogues Make Poison skill:

From patch notes: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html

------------------------------
July 19, 2000 7:00 am

***Patch Day***

*Miscellaneous Changes/Fixes*

- The "Safe Points" have been moved in Field of Bone and Lake of Ill
Omen to someplace "safer".
- You can no longer cast invisibility on any pet.
- Foul language issued through /emote will now be handled by the
profanity filter.
- Corrected a bug that allowed linkdead players to walk through locked
doors.
- Rangers above level 50 will now do double damage with Archery against
non-moving, non-rooted targets. These restrictions allowed us to
enhance archery without creating a new kiting problem.
- Corrected a bug that had rangers doing less melee damage than was
intended except when fighting an NPC who was also a ranger.
- Pets, both PC and NPC, will no longer cast "Gate".
- A large rat says, "Hit by non-melee for XXX damage", is history. The
new message given probably isn't the source of never-ending humor that
the old one was.
- Updated pathing information in Innothule Swamp.
- Corrected many, many, MANY spelling and grammar errors in the world.
- Fixed a large number of spell gems and spellbook icons. Take care to
take a look at your spell lineup to familiarize yourself with the new
gems/icons.

*Poison*

- Implemented the high level Rogue poisons (level 51+).
- Increased Rogue "Make Poison" skill cap.
- Substantially reduced chance to fail "Apply Poison".
- Rogues will now automatically sit when right-clicking on a poison.
- Failure to make a poison will now return the vial.

Since we are already past this date in the timeline, why would you go back to 200?

Tankdan
12-01-2014, 07:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G8VOmnq.jpg

Not playable without another 3rd party program.

Edit: And it ruins my gamma outside of game.. frustrating.
Edit2: It's actually much darker than that pic indicates, after rebooting that screenshot got much lighter until I load EQ again and my gamma screws up. I can't even see my character in ThurgA if I zoom out.

hammertime7795
12-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah was to dark for me today even in a dark room.

Skew
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Its really dark. Like neckbeard basement dark.

karsten
12-01-2014, 08:01 PM
something's fubar with it being too dark

I use wineq2, if that helps with troubleshooting. It looks like the game swings the gamma way down as soon as it begins to log onto a server

Faited
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you, devs, & all the testers for making this happen!

1) Having a bear of a time getting the spell files to work.
2) Finally was able to get in-game, but everything was too dark so i re-logged to reset settings & BAM! spell files error again /sigh

3) I think Titanx (in his comment above) is correct in that reducing the Make Poison cap will cause problems in the (near) future. I wish I could remember how that all went back in the day, it's been SO long. I was the first Rogue on Xegony to attain 200 Make Poison & 200 Apply Poison back on Live. I used to keep super detailed notes but that's not helping me now since the hard drive they were on took a nosedive yrs ago.......off to do more research.

Darkhath
12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Am I the only one that is getting "Your spell files are outdated" errors now??? Played the beta yesterday and everything was fine, is there something I need to do now?

Vicatin
12-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Am I the only one that is getting "Your spell files are outdated" errors now??? Played the beta yesterday and everything was fine, is there something I need to do now?

yes, download new patch, extract to EQ file.

contemptor
12-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Its so....dark. Yikes... that cant be intentional right?
Yeah, and especially unfortunate as it dulls my second monitor. Pretty dark with max gamma, unplayable otherwise.

Nitsude
12-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Gamma changes seem fine to me. It's dark, yes, but it's certainly playable. Velious looks a lot better when it's dark, imo.

Fysts
12-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Doting raid mobs. Lel

Druid epic would land on velious raid mobs, as would drifting lines, unless the mob was 100 mr.

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Snare them raid mobs with the druid epic!

Also this stand to cast and sit to camp change are increasing my immersion levels.

Next up, pushing the forward run hotkey should not auto-stand you!

hammertime7795
12-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Some things from classic belong in classic. Some of that stuff sucked and should not be brought back.

Ele
12-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Also this stand to cast and sit to camp change are increasing my immersion levels.

We are approaching peak immersion!

Jepaxis
12-01-2014, 09:01 PM

Don't remember this.
That just made 2 spells pointless. No one is going to waste time on lifesaving spells they have to check the time on.

ganedar
12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
If you use WinEQ, you might consider the lock gamma option.

Ele
12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
That just made 2 spells pointless. No one is going to waste time on lifesaving spells they have to check the time on.

Still awesome for 30 minutes or so out of 72.

fiveeauxfour
12-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Nilbog: The shaman class is now indifferent to faction TrueSpirit on character creation.

Niiiice ;)

Jepaxis
12-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Still awesome for 30 minutes or so out of 72.
Actually, they aren't. Veil takes 10 minutes to load/refresh. Maybe if it was instant loading, then this limitation would be still make the spell useful.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I used Levant in a month, so while this spell is largely useless, making it even more useless seems totally retarded.

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Levant is extremely useful. Many times casting Levant is far faster than traversing a zone.

Example: Hammer into OT, if you're headed to say... Droga to farm, Levanting will dump you at FM zone line. Saves you several minutes of running even with SoW.

When Velious drops, larger zones, Levant will be even more useful.

Quivering is a backup to Harmshield. It has its uses, especially in PoSky when jumping from Island 7->2.

hammertime7795
12-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Levant is extremely useful. Many times casting Levant is far faster than traversing a zone.

Example: Hammer into OT, if you're headed to say... Droga to farm, Levanting will dump you at FM zone line. Saves you several minutes of running even with SoW.

When Velious drops, larger zones, Levant will be even more useful.

Quivering is a backup to Harmshield. It has its uses, especially in PoSky when jumping from Island 7->2.

I believe Velious is when the night time only restriction was removed from Levant. We used it all the time to jump across SG.

Menobank
12-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

Does this mean that shm that are already made are now set to indiff as well? or do we have to do the quest with someone charming truespirit in order to raise faction more?

Technique
12-01-2014, 10:39 PM
which part of "on character creation" are you having difficulty understanding?

gszero
12-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Says the file is a virus. Untrusted download...

NenshouStar
12-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Patches OP, bring back red asap. I'm jonesing.
pras red

Aviann
12-01-2014, 10:52 PM
AWESOME JOB! Wow, thank you guys!

ClubnRed
12-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Patches OP, bring back red asap. I'm jonesing.
pras red

This

Barnes
12-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Guess i am on an EQ break till gamma is fixed lol. have fun yall don't trip and fall!

Nefarum
12-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Gamma is making EQ unplayable right now, hope this was not intentional.

It's just going to cause people to use 3rd party gamma changers.

This. It just makes P99 so much worse, and people will be forced to find ways around it. There is literally no benefit to this horrible gamma change.

Origin
12-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Fix the gamma.

Amontillado
12-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Fix the gamma.

Exactly... if it was intentional, you obviously got it wrong since the UI boxes should not be darkened.

Please put back the way it was. Thanks for the hard work.

Latege
12-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Fix the gamma.

arsenalpow
12-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Gamma is miserable, light sources / guise / vision line have no effect really. It forces players to use alternative programs or display changes to cope. Just rip out that change until it can be done properly.

chaser95
12-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Gamma is miserable, light sources / guise / vision line have no effect really. It forces players to use alternative programs or display changes to cope. Just rip out that change until it can be done properly.

Agree 100% sucks to even watch stream and play and I wont download and use 3rd party programs to play EQ LOL

Veleria
12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Not sure where to submit bugs to this patch.

I find the run when low hp speed change seems to be faster than I recall on live on my War I am having trouble catching up to them. Seems they are running at 100% speed until health drops further. Is this intended?

surron
12-02-2014, 08:26 AM
revert gamma changes please, it affects 2nd monitor when playing eq in windowed mode...

btw pressing forward should not auto stand

/hidecorpse looted not classic

khanable
12-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Reroll iksar and get a greater lightstone

SamwiseRed
12-02-2014, 09:18 AM
darker vision? welcome to everquest. i remember not being able to see shit in the tunnel to black burrow on my barb. was scary. shits classic.

Infectious
12-02-2014, 09:26 AM
#HAYNARDABASEGOD!

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Light sources don't seem to be working properly though. Atleast my epic didn't and all epics should be maximum light source.

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Nilbog - Trakanon no longer wastes time with Necromancer spells.

Please see here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1524916&postcount=54

This classic raid video from 2001 clearly shows him stopping to cast Necromancer spells at the two points in the video. It's classic for him to do so. Perhaps just make him less inclined to cast those spells, but they should be cast none the less.

bwisenhart
12-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Excellent point on vision and light. I remember that BB tunnel with my erudite and seeing so little distance with a torch. Made ultravision and infravision spells useful. Seems everyone has great sight now.

PS: Honestly have no clue how much running the servers cost so don't really know how much to donate.

Nice work there!

maahes
12-02-2014, 10:24 AM
I believe the client we all use currently is the reason light levels are normalized. Meaning there was nothing the devs could do to make this more true to classic. Does this mean in Velious this could be more true to classic? That would be fantasic news!! I remember I played DE's for months and in EQ at launch. One day my buddy asks me for help with this Human Druid, so I log in and he is sitting in a dark zone. I couldn't see a single thing on the screen. Logged him out and rebooted, logged back in and still... totally dark.... I had to call him and ask WTF. After about 5 - 10 minutes of debating what is wrong, he said, you did cast Infravision on him right? Ahh no why would I have to do that.

Being able to make light spells and races that see in dark relivant would be fantastic and classic!!!

Pan
12-02-2014, 10:26 AM
revert gamma changes please, it affects 2nd monitor when playing eq in windowed mode...

Keep the EQ shit within the EQ window. There is NO reason that it should be affecting the gamma of the system. None whatsoever.

Niedar
12-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Keep the EQ shit within the EQ window. There is NO reason that it should be affecting the gamma of the system. None whatsoever.

This. That is some intrusive bullshit.

Malrubius
12-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Gotta agree. I'm all for classic darkness, and giving some purpose to infravision, ultravision, and all those light-source objects. Before I ran EQ this morning, I was on the dark side.

BUT, now that I've run it - my email is dark, my browser is dark, my background screen is dark. Everything is dark. This would be considered a heinous bug with any other program, and I think it's a bug here too.

SamwiseRed
12-02-2014, 11:13 AM
you guys dont play full screen 640 by 480?

Ele
12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
you guys dont play full screen 640 by 480?

dey scrubs

Rourk
12-02-2014, 11:22 AM

Knowing evac points of major/frequented zones is huge.

SamwiseRed
12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
i wouldnt say huge. ive never used an evac on blue/red in order to save myself travel time. its about the journey afterall.

Resitance
12-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Levant at night? I am not so sure about that one. But i guess its possible. Maybe i only ever happened to cast levant at night and shrug

The ranger +hit is off for bows. If it is still the default value, then it is low. The default value is set and determined for preparing for future AA and all the + hit effects. It needs to be upped a bit. Also the AC check for full hit on it is bad. Its very rare you get higher % of dmg on bow, so most of the time your hitting for about 50% or less of your max damage and it will never be viable until updated.

Valdain
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Wait... so does that mean raptors are viable for quadding again? hallefrickenlujah. Charm Kiting for the first time ever in my EQ career in Perma pits was a horrendous experience lmao

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 12:00 PM
i wouldnt say huge. ive never used an evac on blue/red in order to save myself travel time. its about the journey afterall.

I'd say most characters have travelled through these zones before several times both on live and on P99.

You should use Egress to travel. It saves time. Not much fun about running through OT for the 100th time for me though... Maybe you're different.

SamwiseRed
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
im a simple hobbit, i just run around norrath all day.

SamwiseRed
12-02-2014, 12:11 PM
i mean who doesnt enjoy traversing western karana for the 100th time? so peaceful.

Visual
12-02-2014, 12:28 PM
The ranger +hit is off for bows. If it is still the default value, then it is low. The default value is set and determined for preparing for future AA and all the + hit effects. It needs to be upped a bit. Also the AC check for full hit on it is bad. Its very rare you get higher % of dmg on bow, so most of the time your hitting for about 50% or less of your max damage and it will never be viable until updated.

That makes sense. I never understood why bow damage doesn't have the same algorithm as primary/secondary on p99 but could not recall how it functioned on live. Fix please!

karsten
12-02-2014, 12:32 PM
if it's helpful, here's a bit more feedback on the gamma issue:

as others have mentioned, the gamma becomes affected on both primary and secondary screens as soon as the beta server is selected and you hit connect. this also happens when connecting to blue or red in order to initiate a char copy. This does not happen when connecting to different servers (hidden forest, for example)

In response to people talking about classic and not being able to see -- human races (hum, bar, eru) couldn't see without light sources, but other races with infravision, ultravision, etc could. You know this. In addition, not being able to see as a function of race had no effect on the gamma of your UI, whereas this issue does.

So, we're not just talking darkness because it's night, we're talking darkness of your spell bar, inventory, etc.

hopefully that helps with pinpointing the issue.

Erati
12-02-2014, 12:34 PM
^ puppet strings are literally invisible in your inventory

I am sure other item icon's are suffering the same fate

Malrubius
12-02-2014, 12:41 PM
So, we're not just talking darkness because it's night, we're talking darkness of your spell bar, inventory, etc.
BOOM - that is the problem, and it's not classic. Not only your EQ UI, but your OS UI and every other app on you system.

Tameth
12-02-2014, 12:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6VATQNh.gif

Barnes
12-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Excellent point on vision and light. I remember that BB tunnel with my erudite and seeing so little distance with a torch. Made ultravision and infravision spells useful. Seems everyone has great sight now.

PS: Honestly have no clue how much running the servers cost so don't really know how much to donate.

Nice work there!

Well it would help if ultra vision actually WORKED! Tested a bunch of times definatly broken...

matsikhan
12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Guess i should have waited before doing half my shaman epic blergh. didnt even know there was an issue with standard quest and having to faction grind even when doing quest from start to finish.

jtt25c
12-02-2014, 02:51 PM
im jonseing hard for norrath wheres my fix

Malone88
12-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Beta buff pack turned my rogue into blind barbarian (why? why? why?),
but Shaman and chanter ultravision spell made vision
normal for me.

No problems seeing until the buff wore off...Would have been
nice if a DE mask was included in the gear.

Awwalike
12-02-2014, 03:02 PM
i have 12 shells to spawn ixiblat and 23 shimmering pearls corpsed.

long live ixiblat and ragefire farming

Stonecrush
12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Nilbog: Skipping Stone is no longer stackable.
[/list]

Either my bank just blew up or a whole ton of stones got deleted. Haha. I just pictured The Block being flooded with little, black, round pebbles. The bank tellers flipping out saying W T F...

The local Cab economy will be stalled because no one can get money from the bank!

Seriously, Thank you for the work. :D

Jeisenne
12-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Gotta agree. I'm all for classic darkness, and giving some purpose to infravision, ultravision, and all those light-source objects. Before I ran EQ this morning, I was on the dark side.

BUT, now that I've run it - my email is dark, my browser is dark, my background screen is dark. Everything is dark. This would be considered a heinous bug with any other program, and I think it's a bug here too.

Nilbog, this is the same thing I'm experiencing. My video card is a bit old, but it's not crap. NVidia GeForce GT 640 1G. Also changing to a DE in beta (from a gnome) should have brought up serpent sight to ultravision, but everything was still Erudite dark for me. I know all about Erudite dark, my enchanter on classic was Erudite and if not for vision spells and illusions, I probably would have quit the game within a week because not being able to see anything is no bueno.

Thank you for all the hard work you do. Interacting with you during the beta weekend was a lot of fun!

wolven1
12-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I too experienced the DARK effect on both of my monitors after logging on last night and thought it was a bug with video drivers so I rebooted and messed with OS gamma and nVidia graphics settings trying to get it back to where I can see things but then got tired and gave up and went to bed. Figure I would mess with it again when I get home tonight after work. But it made EVERYTHING dark on my PC on both monitors.

hextasy
12-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Lots of updates! Thank you guys for all your hard work.

However, I too think this gamma correction is whack. Now my robe looks like a black blob at character login, and I can't read my terminals OUTSIDE OF GAME!!! (I play on linux).
I'm glad it resets once I exit game, but that's not cool :(

also - what did you do to those raptors in TD? Slowed them down a bit I hope - they cra cra

Stormfists
12-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Once you go black you never go back.

If anything, should be darker.

hextasy
12-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Huzzah! Changed game settings - in 'Display', 100% gamma. Now the rest of my desktop looks fine.

Ramathorn
12-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I play on a laptop. On laptops you know how the screen is hard to see from most angles. If you move too much one way it gets darker. Well now with the new darkness its almost unbearable to play. if I move in any direction it becomes near impossible to see. I need to find one position in my chair and not move and inch from that position In order to see.
You know those late nights grinding when you slowly fall deeper and deeper into your chair, now im going to have to move the screen with each tiny little movement. Beyond annoying.

Malone88
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Huzzah! Changed game settings - in 'Display', 100% gamma. Now the rest of my desktop looks fine.
This + Ultravision Spell, ftw.

Zliz
12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Is this patch required to connect to the Velious Beta server?

Ele
12-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Is this patch required to connect to the Velious Beta server?

Yes.

Ladros
12-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I think there is an issue with decreasing Rogues Make Poison skill:

From patch notes: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html

July 19, 2000 7:00 am

***Patch Day***

*Miscellaneous Changes/Fixes*

- The "Safe Points" have been moved in Field of Bone and Lake of Ill
Omen to someplace "safer".
- You can no longer cast invisibility on any pet.
- Foul language issued through /emote will now be handled by the
profanity filter.
- Corrected a bug that allowed linkdead players to walk through locked
doors.
- Rangers above level 50 will now do double damage with Archery against
non-moving, non-rooted targets. These restrictions allowed us to
enhance archery without creating a new kiting problem.
- Corrected a bug that had rangers doing less melee damage than was
intended except when fighting an NPC who was also a ranger.
- Pets, both PC and NPC, will no longer cast "Gate".
- A large rat says, "Hit by non-melee for XXX damage", is history. The
new message given probably isn't the source of never-ending humor that
the old one was.
- Updated pathing information in Innothule Swamp.
- Corrected many, many, MANY spelling and grammar errors in the world.
- Fixed a large number of spell gems and spellbook icons. Take care to
take a look at your spell lineup to familiarize yourself with the new
gems/icons.

*Poison*

- Implemented the high level Rogue poisons (level 51+).
- Increased Rogue "Make Poison" skill cap.
- Substantially reduced chance to fail "Apply Poison".
- Rogues will now automatically sit when right-clicking on a poison.
- Failure to make a poison will now return the vial.

Since we are already past this date in the timeline, why would you go back to 200?

Rayzor84
12-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Can we have our servers back please?

mds122
12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Can we have our servers back please?

I second that...

Ramathorn
12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Can we have your servers back please?

Fixed

Bromstone
12-02-2014, 06:17 PM
bah looks like no EQ for me today, only 30 min left of the day here in sweden

Taddau
12-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Can we please have our servers back, you have kept us locked out long enough

Runya
12-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Sry bros your looking at midnight when I hear Tuesday I just naturally assume 1 min before Wednesday....take the time to test.....you can wait 6hrs

Firebaugh
12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Man the wait feels longer than it actually is, but almost 3 days of not being able to login and play... GAH!

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
It figures every time I get involved in a game it is either patch day, emergency maintenance, dev's dog died or something... now its a whole weekend getting pretty close to 5 days, (5 working days, yes if you consider a holiday weekend your working time to test this then it is working days) of being forced to test something I have no desire to do as a lowbie to test. Nor a desire to twink one beta just to go back to a newbie with nothing when its over.

Get this done already if the community was that hardcore about wanting Velious they would have been testing it for weeks so everyone was not "forced" too.

pharmakos
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Man the wait feels longer than it actually is, but almost 3 days of not being able to login and play... GAH!

you can log in and play tho

on beta

Ralistin
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
3 days? Feels like 4 days to me.

This is classic, told one thing but get another.

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 07:41 PM
3 days? Feels like 4 days to me.

This is classic, told one thing but get another.

It has been 4 this evening. Server came down late Friday evening.

alaiwy0503
12-02-2014, 07:42 PM
god damn you people are whiny like some mother fuckers. even blizzard would take down servers for a few days when new expansions are coming out and this is a fucking FREE ASS SERVER where people are volunteering their times to make it happen. Suck it up for a few fucking days and let them test shit.

PhilPhans
12-02-2014, 07:46 PM
i could see complaining about not being able to play... say if you were paying. But since this is a FREE game. It's their sandbox. They make the rules. There are other games out there is you feel they are being unfair...

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
i could see complaining about not being able to play... say if you were paying. But since this is a FREE game. It's their sandbox. They make the rules. There are other games out there is you feel they are being unfair...

It's not about being fair, it's about pulling a time frame out their ass with NO updates, they say "sometime Tuesday" but nothing else.

Also yes a free game, but they operate on donations and if I've donated I can say wtf is on my mind about it being down. Oh wait that IS supporting the game/server... I bet most complaining hasn't even done that much.

If you have an issue with that, its on you, not me.

deuces.

Tann
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Our server?

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ice_cube_wtf.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg6nhGmaF1qzjix8.gif

http://37.media.tumblr.com/139ef85a8a3fa4ec3a55d3a310b96972/tumblr_n5vlv1bGX01tu7965o1_500.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/omg.gif

PhilPhans
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
a donation... is just that a donation. You should not expect something in return for it.

I have an issue with whiny people. Everyone complains way too much. Internet society i guess.

Haynar
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
I vote keep beta testing going for 7 days

Only restore fully equipped corpses. Allow all corpsed items from farmers to decay.

H

Tann
12-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Only restore fully equipped corpses. Allow all corpsed items from farmers to decay.

H

add a day for each post complaining about "our server" not being back up imo

Munkh
12-02-2014, 08:03 PM
So when will Red be back up and running?

lonmoer
12-02-2014, 08:06 PM
IT'S MY EVERQUEST AND I WANT IT NOW!

salimoneus
12-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Most all of the people crying have like 1 month old accounts, not really interested in what you have to say unless it's something useful so please just go cry in a corner and not here.

IMO they should change the downtime schedule to read "indefinite" and keep the forced beta for at least another day, to help people better understand and appreciate everyone's place in this little world they have generously created for us.

alaiwy0503
12-02-2014, 08:11 PM
It's not about being fair, it's about pulling a time frame out their ass with NO updates, they say "sometime Tuesday" but nothing else.

Also yes a free game, but they operate on donations and if I've donated I can say wtf is on my mind about it being down. Oh wait that IS supporting the game/server... I bet most complaining hasn't even done that much.

If you have an issue with that, its on you, not me.

deuces.

You sound so entitled it is disgusting. I bet you give somebody a birthday present then get mad when they don't buy you a christmas present too right? I'm glad I don't know you IRL.

Munkh
12-02-2014, 08:17 PM
So much kindness in the world it's unbelievable.

Ramathorn
12-02-2014, 08:29 PM
After all the developers have done for us. (everything having to do with P99) You guys cant even give them 4 days worth of beta testing. They have given hundreds of hours and plenty of their own money to bring us this SERVICE for FREE. How can you possibly complain. I don't get it, they are asking for one small favor.

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 08:29 PM
You sound so entitled it is disgusting. I bet you give somebody a birthday present then get mad when they don't buy you a christmas present too right? I'm glad I don't know you IRL.

Ditto. I don't hang out with fan boi's.

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
After all the developers have done for us. (everything having to do with P99) You guys cant even give them 4 days worth of beta testing. They have given hundreds of hours and plenty of their own money to bring us this SERVICE for FREE. How can you possibly complain. I don't get it, they are asking for one small favor.

Yeah they should have gathered all the fan boi's together and gave them forced beta testing. Since they're so about this down time and how patient you must be.

Haynar
12-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Ditto. I don't hang out with fan boi's.
What about nerd gamers?

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
What about nerd gamers?

EH... nah... I generally dislike people and don't play well with others. ;)

PhilPhans
12-02-2014, 08:39 PM

I have to ask. Why do you play on P99?

Haynar
12-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Ditto

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I have to ask. Why do you play on P99?

For the pie.

caution187
12-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong but does this sound like an instant kill (upon spell cast) of pets, classes such as mage and necro seem to be at a disadvantage... Charms break and then the pet could return or in the case of a necro be charmed by the necro. Again I'm not a 100% but would like some comments on it...

Firebaugh
12-02-2014, 08:51 PM

Well I don't have a character high enough level to get into Velious as yet. I can't play to level them so I can't help beta test the server.. I can log into the beta server yep, but that is about it.... I applaud everything they have done over the years and I wish I had been here long enough to help with Vel... Heck I wish I'd been here for Kunark... still disappointing that I can't log in and play...

JuJu142
12-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Well I don't have a character high enough level to get into Velious as yet. I can't play to level them so I can't help beta test the server.. I can log into the beta server yep, but that is about it.... I applaud everything they have done over the years and I wish I had been here long enough to help with Vel... Heck I wish I'd been here for Kunark... still disappointing that I can't log in and play...

You can auto-level to 60 and get a set of gear at the NPC's it places you next to.....

Haynar
12-02-2014, 08:53 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong but does this sound like an instant kill (upon spell cast) of pets, classes such as mage and necro seem to be at a disadvantage... Charms break and then the pet could return or in the case of a necro be charmed by the necro. Again I'm not a 100% but would like some comments on it...
Classic change.

Wait until you come across an enchanter npc who has charmed a mage epic pet from a player. NPCs will charm players summoned pets and make them permanently their own. Fear the chanters.

H

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 08:55 PM

You can go to bank and do some command like /buffme or /twerkme or something and get to level 60 with all the shit.

Like you, I just started like last week a few days before we were forced into gaming bondage. So for me it is pointless to get on beta, do my lil command, get all geared up and 60 then be sent back to Blue with a stick and 1p in my pocket... no thanks. That makes me laugh just thinking that would be remotely fun.

Pint
12-02-2014, 08:59 PM
all you bros wanting your server back up, why dont one of you just go flip your server on switch

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 09:02 PM
all you bros wanting your server back up, why dont one of you just go flip your server on switch

No on switch, hamster is dead...

Grimjaw
12-02-2014, 09:06 PM

classic. (he said summoned pets, not charmed). what also is classic is if you accidentally auto-attack your own pet even for a second, poof. gone.

Haynar
12-02-2014, 09:09 PM
classic. also if you accidentally auto-attack your own pet even for a second, poof. gone.
Didnt know that.

I remeber that if u attacked someone elses pet on blue, even if you couldnt, the pet remembered if their master ever went ld. Summoned pets can be beasts when they turn on you.

H

Munkh
12-02-2014, 09:13 PM
BUG:

Zoning into WL from Kael and also zoning into Kael from WL All buffs are removed.

caution187
12-02-2014, 09:17 PM
@Haynar
@Grimjaw

Discounting the argument for classic or not (not an expert),

there are what six(?) classes that can summon pets, Mage, Necro, SK, chanter, druid, and sham and we are talking about PVP not PVE; in reference to the NPC comment above.

So I'm to understand that if one of the above has a pet, the chanter walks up mezzes pet it goes *poof*. Doesn't seem fair as mezz can be broken, but instead pet goes *poof*.

Again this is aimed at PVP not PVE.

@Munkh thanks for the update.

BarackObooma
12-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I can understand not wanting to go from worst gear to best gear to worst gear in a few days time and having to learn 50 new levels of spells and totally different grouping/soloing strategies you haven't seen yet.

P99 has been around for almost 5 years so the number of people just starting for the first time in the last couple months is probably a few % of the overall population so yeah it's kind of bummer timing.

You should look at it as an opportunity though. Many people will never be able to get their epic on blue or red. You have the chance to start out with some uber gear (some of the starting gear choices were kind of bizarre) including your epic. One of my mains is a 56 Mage and the Earth staff to get the epic is held hostage for 1/2 million plat the few times it's offered for sale which isn't going to happen. This is my chance to play with an epic pet!

BlumBleezy24
12-02-2014, 09:44 PM
I thought beta testing was only till Monday, Whats the DEAL?! :/

Munkh
12-02-2014, 10:09 PM
@Haynar
@Grimjaw

Discounting the argument for classic or not (not an expert),

there are what five(?) classes that can summon pets, Mage, Necro, SK, chanter, and sham and we are talking about PVP not PVE; in reference to the NPC comment above.

So I'm to understand that if one of the above has a pet, the chanter walks up mezzes pet it goes *poof*. Doesn't seem fair as mezz can be broken, but instead pet goes *poof*.

Again this is aimed at PVP not PVE.

Druid makes 6

caution187
12-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Druid makes 6

Whoops sorry I missed it, thanks Munkh.

Everdark
12-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I for one am annoyed with everyone and their gripe about the forced beta over the holiday weekend.
what better time to do it when EVERYONE is capable to test. these guys are working hard to provide this game for YOU. if you do not want to test.. simple.. don't! but if you wish to see more content and more places to fight and farm.. well this is the next step!

thank you Devs for all you've done to provide this game for us and i hope in the future this leads to future expansions (if not i'll still be happy!)

Roky Erickson
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
December the 9th

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
I for one am annoyed with everyone and their gripe about the forced beta over the holiday weekend.
what better time to do it when EVERYONE is capable to test. these guys are working hard to provide this game for YOU. if you do not want to test.. simple.. don't! but if you wish to see more content and more places to fight and farm.. well this is the next step!

thank you Devs for all you've done to provide this game for us and i hope in the future this leads to future expansions (if not i'll still be happy!)

http://i.imgur.com/2sREC.gif

I'm not testing, I'm grinding the forums, still faster than EQ leveling.

contemptor
12-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Rogean purposefully not re-opening servers on expected date to be more in line with classic patches never being on time.

Franchise
12-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Are servers still slated for reopen sometime Tuesday??

pharmakos
12-02-2014, 11:25 PM

H

i vote to keep mandatory beta testing until velious is ready to go live

Supreme
12-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing. Logging into either server on any character will initiate a beta copy, overwriting that character on beta, and then disconnect you.

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday of next week.

Fixed.

mwatt
12-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Just to try and put a positive spin out there...

ALL players are thankful for what the devs do - this impolite whining is in a way, a testament to the success of P99 and what the devs have accomplished.

And now to inject some pragmatism:

... but biting the hand that hand that feeds, in addition to being ungrateful, is not too damn bright.

Chill out, wait politely, and help if you can.

Korrupt
12-02-2014, 11:43 PM
can we get a muhfuggin update

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing. Logging into either server on any character will initiate a beta copy, overwriting that character on beta, and then disconnect you.

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday of next week.
Fixed.

hahaha

Seriously though, as a new player to the server, if it's next Tuesday then that is it for me I'll find something else to invest my time. I've honestly contemplated uninstalling all this and moving on tonight. I know, no loss to the community... but really it is because I'm here voicing discontent while other new players are uninstalling the game. That is not productive to growth and not productive for other new players to have someone to group with in lowbie zones. I don't care if the server has been up 5 years or 5 weeks.

I was getting into playing, made a couple contacts then forced beta on content I won't see for months! It is very unappealing as a new player to the server. Especially so if I would like to progress from start to finish, not jumping on a test server with automatic everything and losing it when live servers come back.

Anyway... giving it over night and I'll be out if testing is still going on tomorrow, for whatever that is worth.

My last forum post about it.

Malrubius
12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Well it is a helluva long weekend for a Tuesday night.

maegi
12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
I do appreciate the effort the team puts into 1999, red and blue. I prefer red, but I played blue for a while first. We need to be respectful, not kiss ass about it. A new update on an ETA would be a nice gesture on their part. How was that?

Firebaugh
12-03-2014, 12:15 AM
I can understand not wanting to go from worst gear to best gear to worst gear in a few days time and having to learn 50 new levels of spells and totally different grouping/soloing strategies you haven't seen yet.

P99 has been around for almost 5 years so the number of people just starting for the first time in the last couple months is probably a few % of the overall population so yeah it's kind of bummer timing.

You should look at it as an opportunity though. Many people will never be able to get their epic on blue or red. You have the chance to start out with some uber gear (some of the starting gear choices were kind of bizarre) including your epic. One of my mains is a 56 Mage and the Earth staff to get the epic is held hostage for 1/2 million plat the few times it's offered for sale which isn't going to happen. This is my chance to play with an epic pet!

I was in EQ beta way back in the day, played it till WoW came out, came back and forth several times. What I enjoy about P99 was that you actually have to work to get the quests done, it doesn't point you and give you everything along the way. That you don't just level up, you have to work at it. I created a human necro on blue and forgot that the guards in the sewers (bloodsabers), were negative faction to the bandit sashes and lost faction enough to be KOS in the sewers! Ya, stupid me, to me it is not the top epic game that brought me to P99 it was the actual gameplay... Can't wait for the blue and red servers to be up but I'm bored with Velious in 2 nights.. BORED

Banerine
12-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Ya, stupid me, to me it is not the top epic game that brought me to P99 it was the actual gameplay...

Absolutely true!

Franchise
12-03-2014, 12:46 AM
My main page still says "sometimes Tuesday" ... and I also read on the Server forum a post about it being "Sometime Wednesday" ..... just play some EQ. Ran around on beta for a while and I couldn't find anything to contribute to bugging and fixing. I hope they get Velious smooth and solid, but to be honest, I'm still fresh here and I haven't gotten sick of Kunark yet! haha ... anyways, hope that NEXT week stuff is not true. That would be extremely depressing lol

wycca
12-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Was the reagent requirement for the Amulet of the Void removed along with the recharge changes? Had info supporting that in the thread also, so just curious.

Faited
12-03-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm very appreciative for what the devs do & that i re-discovered p99 through Twitch streamers back in late October. But everyone should be a bit considerate of folks w/opposing viewpoints on the server downtime issue.

I mean, the folks mostly complaining about the forced beta are players new to p99 who'd just got bitten by the Evercrack. It's understandable that longtime players on the server can't wait for velious to come out (but if so, why haven't you been helping to test since velious since its been on the test server?). As a whole community, I think we can learn quite a bit from this. It would've been helpful to:
1) Get some structured direction as to what specifically needed testing
2) More communication as to the actual duration of the beta (or stating up front that if not enough ppl tested, it'd be extended by X)
3) Having all testing-related info neatly on one page/thread (how to submit a bug report, how to structure bug reports for max efficiency for both submitters & devs, what needed testing broken down by class/zone, etc.)

What's done is done. Tuesday's come & gone w/no further update as to when servers are coming back up. All we can do is test our best & provide structured feedback so this experience isn't replicated the next time something needs a heavy dose of testing.

caution187
12-03-2014, 01:24 AM
I'm very appreciative for what the devs do & that i re-discovered p99 through Twitch streamers back in late October. But everyone should be a bit considerate of folks w/opposing viewpoints on the server downtime issue.

I mean, the folks mostly complaining about the forced beta are players new to p99 who'd just got bitten by the Evercrack. It's understandable that longtime players on the server can't wait for velious to come out (but if so, why haven't you been helping to test since velious since its been on the test server?). As a whole community, I think we can learn quite a bit from this. It would've been helpful to:
1) Get some structured direction as to what specifically needed testing
2) More communication as to the actual duration of the beta (or stating up front that if not enough ppl tested, it'd be extended by X)
3) Having all testing-related info neatly on one page/thread (how to submit a bug report, how to structure bug reports for max efficiency for both submitters & devs, what needed testing broken down by class/zone, etc.)

What's done is done. Tuesday's come & gone w/no further update as to when servers are coming back up. All we can do is test our best & provide structured feedback so this experience isn't replicated the next time something needs a heavy dose of testing.

/agree

Magifyre
12-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Or there are always other games to play. I'm over this already.

Aviann
12-03-2014, 01:32 AM
In all honesty, I am enjoying the time I get to beta test, its better then sitting around grinding for no reason other than pixels. At least it makes us feel important for a while, then we are back to toxic casual scum.

Asmadi
12-03-2014, 01:34 AM
In all honesty, I am enjoying the time I get to beta test, its better then sitting around grinding for no reason other than pixels. At least it makes us feel important for a while, then we are back to toxic casual scum.

"Toxic"
--P1999

:p

Been reading that all night.

Barnes
12-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Toxic? did you not learn that you are who you surround yourself with? make new friends bud lol.

Vatras
12-03-2014, 02:53 AM
The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.

uwill99
12-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Some of you fools are hopelessly addicted. Haven't had your fix in a few days so you start getting foul-tempered, irritable, and probably itchy. Take a few seconds, look around you, past the poop socks and stacks of KFC Bowls of Sadness, and take a deep breath. Let the owner of the server do what he needs to do so you can enjoy a form of entertainment you do not have to pay for and do not have to enjoy.

pharmakos
12-03-2014, 03:22 AM
god forbid you should have to spend a holiday weekend with your FAMILY

jesus wtf were they thinking

Barnes
12-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Some of you fools are hopelessly addicted. Haven't had your fix in a few days so you start getting foul-tempered, irritable, and probably itchy. Take a few seconds, look around you, past the poop socks and stacks of KFC Bowls of Sadness, and take a deep breath. Let the owner of the server do what he needs to do so you can enjoy a form of entertainment you do not have to pay for and do not have to enjoy.

hahaha

Vatras
12-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Still no reason to be ignorant!

chillingu69
12-03-2014, 03:54 AM

I have made track-marks from pacing for the last 3 days through my house waiting while my neckbeard slowly ravels itself back up.

Alara
12-03-2014, 04:02 AM
If a few new players actually uninstalled/quit the server due to a few days of downtime, then let's be real - they weren't going to last long anyway.

You honestly can't find something else to do for a few days that you have to instantly uninstall? The logic behind this is really amazing.

Lastly, if you have to threaten uninstalling tomorrow if testing is still going on, you're the exact kind of scum we don't want in this community anyway.

Good riddance.

hahaha

Seriously though, as a new player to the server, if it's next Tuesday then that is it for me I'll find something else to invest my time. I've honestly contemplated uninstalling all this and moving on tonight. I know, no loss to the community... but really it is because I'm here voicing discontent while other new players are uninstalling the game. That is not productive to growth and not productive for other new players to have someone to group with in lowbie zones. I don't care if the server has been up 5 years or 5 weeks.

I was getting into playing, made a couple contacts then forced beta on content I won't see for months! It is very unappealing as a new player to the server. Especially so if I would like to progress from start to finish, not jumping on a test server with automatic everything and losing it when live servers come back.

Anyway... giving it over night and I'll be out if testing is still going on tomorrow, for whatever that is worth.

My last forum post about it.

maegi
12-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Well I want more players on both red and blue servers. The more that play, the more fun there is to be had, and also more donations. If you've never donated , you shouldn't complain, about anything really. Attacking other players when not logged into the red server is pointless and stupid, imo. At least on red, they have a chance to defend their viewpoints and toons.

Asmadi
12-03-2014, 07:17 AM
It was up this morning when I got up... nuff said.

When you log on today look me up I've got a big ole bowl of my hairy nuts for ya.

If a few new players actually uninstalled/quit the server due to a few days of downtime, then let's be real - they weren't going to last long anyway.

You honestly can't find something else to do for a few days that you have to instantly uninstall? The logic behind this is really amazing.

Lastly, if you have to threaten uninstalling tomorrow if testing is still going on, you're the exact kind of scum we don't want in this community anyway.

Good riddance.

myriverse
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Skeletons shouldn't be fleeing at low hp.

Edit: ok nm that... one took off running, but it seems to be a fluke

PhilPhans
12-03-2014, 10:24 AM
"Nilbog: Faction hits updated for the following quests: 'Honey Mead for Trumpy', 'Farren's Tacklebox', 'Hurrieta's Tunic', 'Bone Chips for Lashun', 'Gold for Lashun', 'Rebby's Rat Whiskers', 'Note for Janam', 'Assist the Great Xelha', 'Bandages for Honeybugger', 'Orc Picks', 'Deathfist Slashed Belts: Evil version', 'Deathfist Slashed Belts: Good version', 'Sir Morgan's Armor', 'Ivan McMannus' Remains', 'White Sash'"

can you tell how the faction hit was updated? was the faction hit lowered or raised?

Firebaugh
12-03-2014, 11:04 AM
you can log in and play tho

on beta

Yes, yes I can, on beta, or I can go over to the full blown EQ and play on test for free. Without my group of friends, without knowing anyone etc.. With a level 60 beta buffed character, I can basically run around empty zones with greens.. Nothing I fight adds to my abilities xp or anything, no AA either. When I do log into a zone that has blues, like Velks Lab, I am unable to solo and again nobody I know to play around with. I could start forming Pug's but I'm not building anything because we are just playing till the servers come up, which is very very boring for me. At least the servers are up this morning....