PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Frozen Shadow

Himalayan
11-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Preface, I spent an insane amount of time in this dungeon in Velious. It was my favorite zone and every character I played on live ventured through this dungeon at some point in their lifetime.

First floor:
a shadowbone isn't fleeing at low health all the time. These used to run around 17 or 15% and they always ran. I killed roughly 100 of these and only 2 runners. Possibly only the lower leveled skeletons flee?

A little bit of era info from allah
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5636
One of the older comments from 2002 talks about a guy playing a necro down there and the shadowbones fleeing.

Reading an older post about lesser ice shades not dropping Globes of Fear, I got one of these while killing them.

Will try to update this as I get more time to goof around in there.

bhoff1975
11-30-2014, 11:15 AM
In all my days in Velious, I never messed around in the tower. I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

Marrhault
11-30-2014, 02:36 PM
This just dawned on me. The issue with the fleeing is I recall occurs most when the mobs sense the other mobs in the rooms near them. This causes them to flee more when the zone is clear but if its a full pop most won't run. Will have to test this but this would be why you are seeing inconsistency in what mobs run on low health.

Mandalore93
11-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Didn't play there during classic but I can definitely confirm they were rampantly running during 2003.