PDA

View Full Version : New to server, don't know what class to play!

tylerwylie
11-27-2014, 04:22 PM
I played the original classic on a Necromancer and enjoyed soloing my way up through the ranks. I was thinking of playing something that groups well and also isn't the most popular class on the server. So far I've been thinking Shadowknight or Paladin..but Shaman might be fun too. I'm really enjoying this server though, seems like fun times ahead once I figure out what i want to do. Any tips or help pointing me in the right direction from some of the more veteran players?

webrunner5
11-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Paladin is the LEAST played class on here, probably a tie for Wizard and Ranger next least played. But there are plenty of people very happy playing those classes so it still boils down to which class you REALLY like or want to play and just go for it.

Not much fun playing a class you don't like just because you can get a group at the drop of a hat, which does not happen that often lol, so just have fun and level a few of the toons you like. Welcome aboard. :D

tylerwylie
11-30-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm rolling with a troll SK, will be fun and armor looks badass on them lol.

Treefall
11-30-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm rolling with a troll SK, will be fun and armor looks badass on them lol.

SK is a great choice. The ability to solo all right if you need to...but that utility, invis and fd, yummy.

Have fun!

Ketu Garyx
11-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Not only will you find excellent solo ability as a shadowknight but their value in groups cannot be over looked. A very popular class by far, but an excellent one. Good choice for someone new to the server.

webrunner5
12-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Just remember though that a Troll or Iksar SK has a 68% xp penalty. It is a ball buster now. Will be lots better when and if Velious ever comes out. :D

Poosammich
12-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Just remember though that a Troll or Iksar SK has a 68% xp penalty. It is a ball buster now. Will be lots better when and if Velious ever comes out. :D

What does Velious change in that regard? I thought we were pretty much stuck with that penalty forevers....

Addica
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Class penalties are removed in Velious. (Race penalties stay)

According to Ele's post last year. https://www.project1999.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-100491.html

Sampten
12-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Play them all. Get one to 60 and start another!

tylerwylie
12-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Play them all. Get one to 60 and start another!

Was hoping to make some progress this weekend, but.. yea..