PDA

View Full Version : Going Evil: Leveling of Slaying Guards?

DyersEve
11-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Might as well roll with this hate and make it a task to have all races bow before the all mighty lizard. Is it possible to make a living/leveling off going down on various race's guards. Do not care about faction at all.

Pheer
11-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Dont know if theres enough level ranges of guards to do it literally the entire way, but theres definitely some good ones. Halfling guards in misty thicket are good 29-36/37ish, theres a couple human guards in EC around 20s i think, dark elf guards in nektulos around the mid teens maybe? Ogre guards at like 40+, etc.

Also:

Is it possible to make a living/leveling off going down on various race's guards.

I dunno, guess it depends on how much pp you can get them to pay you to go down on them.

Potus
11-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Gnome guards may have to get on a phonebook to go down on.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-27-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126896

Polyphemous
11-28-2014, 05:40 PM
I normally don't give out leveling or moneymaking advice, but I will make an exception this one time. I believe there is a truck stop restroom near Shady Swashbuckler where you can do a volume business going down on guards.

Crawdad
12-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I wanted to level up completely on guards on my Necro, didn't end up being worth it. You'll level up much, much faster even in outdoor zones with low/no ZEM. Guards have pretty good money, though.

EC guards 24-29
Halfling Guards from 29-34... Treants are actually better cash and the same level range, though.
Oggok Guards 39-49
Neriak, Felwithe or Kelethin Guards 51+

Everything else I've found has way too long a respawn to be worth it. There are a few other spots like WC druids, EFP guards, etc.. that are decent but too much effort for little reward.. you'll level up much, much faster doing those levels in a 2 or 3 man group just killing Overthere and then Dreadlands trash.

Infectious
12-06-2014, 12:26 PM
29-33 guards at wall in misty. 33-39 halfling guards inside riverale(pull to lake). 39-48 bb dwarf guards. 48-53 bb hut guards. All have noob zone exp. In bb can go to merchant at druid ring.

Skittlez
12-15-2014, 02:33 PM
I like the guards at misty till 41. Just gotta be careful pulling gate guards.

jolanar
12-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Since guards have such huge level variance (kill it once it respawns later as 5 levels higher) I just don't see how you could manage this with a tank class.

Would pretty much need to be a caster class, no?

Skittlez
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Since guards have such huge level variance (kill it once it respawns later as 5 levels higher) I just don't see how you could manage this with a tank class.

Would pretty much need to be a caster class, no?

Guards don't spawn at random levels.

jolanar
12-16-2014, 10:53 AM

Yes, they do. Not every single last one of them granted. But that has absolutely been my experience in Rivervale and HHK.

Bodybagger
12-17-2014, 12:21 PM
can't believe no one mentions highhold guards.... the mecca of guard farming... so much fun and great xp... probably fastest bit of leveling on guards in the game lol

Skittlez
12-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes, they do. Not every single last one of them granted. But that has absolutely been my experience in Rivervale and HHK.

I level in both of those places. They don't spawn at random levels. You may encounter guard (a), level 28, then guard (b), level 26, but they are going to spawn at those same levels. Guards vary in level, yes, but they don't spawn at random levels like mobs do.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-17-2014, 01:42 PM
can't believe no one mentions highhold guards.... the mecca of guard farming... so much fun and great xp... probably fastest bit of leveling on guards in the game lol

It's probably because they're just assumed mobs.

Most guards outside of hhk, oggok and misty thicket are off the beaten path in terms of regular levelling.

Bodybagger
12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
I level in both of those places. They don't spawn at random levels. You may encounter guard (a), level 28, then guard (b), level 26, but they are going to spawn at those same levels. Guards vary in level, yes, but they don't spawn at random levels like mobs do.

Guard Rance in highkeep is only one I can think of... spawns 28, 29, or 30... it definitely isn't a common thing for guards by any means (all other in zone are fixed level afaik)

Cecily
12-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm level 58 on my ranger. Is there any Neriak guards that would be decent for me to level on? If so, which ones?

hammertime7795
12-19-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm level 58 on my ranger. Is there any Neriak guards that would be decent for me to level on? If so, which ones?

This is for tanks not half droods!!

captnamazing
12-19-2014, 05:26 PM

You should go to the guards in the commons who park on the bridge next to PoD. those guards are all level 45.

I went down on dark elf guards a lot during 49+. early on i had my cleric comrade by my side. If you have enough gear, it should be reasonable. I know a guy who dinged 60 killing neriak guards.

I recommend getting a snare item and a root net for emergencies. nothing worse than the guard walking back into the city and then his friends gangraping you. Even if you survive, having to bandage/regen that back up is a nightmare.

captnamazing
12-19-2014, 05:27 PM
As for money, that's a tougher situation, since you're a filthy Iksar.

My halfling sneak allowed me to slaughter countless guards, then pawn their FS weps to merchants. Made some decent cash, for sure.

Cecily
12-19-2014, 05:31 PM
You should go to the guards in the commons who park on the bridge next to PoD. those guards are all level 45.

I went down on dark elf guards a lot during 49+. early on i had my cleric comrade by my side. If you have enough gear, it should be reasonable. I know a guy who dinged 60 killing neriak guards.

I recommend getting a snare item and a root net for emergencies. nothing worse than the guard walking back into the city and then his friends gangraping you. Even if you survive, having to bandage/regen that back up is a nightmare.

Thank you so much. I'll be sure to go down on those lucky dark elves tonight and try not to get gangraped in the process.

This is for tanks not half droods!!

I have a taunt button. :(

captnamazing
12-19-2014, 05:34 PM
I have a taunt button. :(

I've seen a ranger (Savannah) competently tank all wings of HS numerous times. 2015 Rangers are great

hammertime7795
12-19-2014, 06:30 PM
I've seen a ranger (Savannah) competently tank all wings of HS numerous times. 2015 Rangers are great

I was just kidding. Nothing wrong with rangers.

Heavydrop
12-19-2014, 10:18 PM

This has been replied to before now but....
This isn't exactly true at least not in all cases.
If you've ever farmed the Dark Elf guards in Nektulos (good for plat) they can be a wide range of levels.
In and around the bridge in Nek the regular guards are level 15ish. The Corporals 20ish and the Sergeants around that too.
Dragoons will also spawn and they are around 35 if I remember correctly.
There is no cycle or predicting which will spawn in any spot that I know of

hammertime7795
12-20-2014, 05:52 AM
This has been replied to before now but....
This isn't exactly true at least not in all cases.
If you've ever farmed the Dark Elf guards in Nektulos (good for plat) they can be a wide range of levels.
In and around the bridge in Nek the regular guards are level 15ish. The Corporals 20ish and the Sergeants around that too.
Dragoons will also spawn and they are around 35 if I remember correctly.
There is no cycle or predicting which will spawn in any spot that I know of

No you're right most guards can spawn with a wide lvl range.