PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to reroll my WAR?

TheFishyOne
11-22-2014, 06:56 PM
'ey guys.

My main is rapidly approaching 60, and when that happenns, I will need to start working on an alt to eventually get to 60 for raiding purposes. When asked, several of my guildies strongly urged me to NOT focus on my MNK, and instead, consider learning to raid tank.

As it happens, I have a ~16 Dwarf WAR with all 25 starting points in STA. I am considering rerolling Ogre with 25 into DEX, as my WAR is very young, and an Ogre rolled thusly would be superior in every base stat that really matters. However, my main is a Dwarven Smith with 232 skill, and could make him a set of enchanted Dwarven Plate, once I start focusing on him. I have also been considering rerolling as a Halfling for Hide, Sneak, and faster leveling. Since the Enchanted Dwarven Armor is Agnostic, a HFL could wear it, as well.

What do you guys think?

NegaStoat
11-22-2014, 07:08 PM
I like my halfling warrior. I picked Rallos Zek so that I could pick up a set of human imbued armor. Mmm mmm good.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Field_Breastplate_%28Rallos_Zek%29

Sneak is amazing. On a successful sneak check, so that you are moving slow, you can single pull a target as long as everyone else has their back to you when you make the shot. It requires some practice with positioning but it literally can't fail when you make the shot and you have the correct placement.

I have a lot of fun with the character, but I think that's the big thing. You gotta go with what you will have fun with. As a side note, the -5% experience bonus for the halfling isn't that huge of a deal since it modifies the base chart of the class, and warriors have the lowest chart in the game. Using that logic, Iksar and Trolls with their penalty pick up a sweet, sweet deal on that regen considering how much you actually are paying against the base adjusted cost.

Swiggity
11-22-2014, 09:34 PM
If you really wanna minmax for raiding purposes, then yeah, it's probably worthwhile to reroll as Ogre with 25 points in DEX. With that said, you may want to consider your circumstances and the circumstances of your guild and see what kind of end game gear you realistically think could get for your war either now in Kunark or when Velious comes out. If you think you can get your DEX close to 200 with realistically attainable raid gear, and you don't want to play an ogre (and believe me, being an Ogre has its drawbacks), then it probably wouldn't be that big a deal if you just continued with your dwarf war.

khanable
11-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Reroll iksar and never worry about gear again!

Potus
11-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Reroll Gemchopper immediately.

TheFishyOne
11-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the input, guys. I talked with one of our guild's raid tanks, who is also a Dwarf, and according to him, Dwarves have the highest base MR, which is nice. In any event, I will take your advice, Swiggity, and ask my guild.