PDA

View Full Version : Paladin deities...

Swish
11-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Hey pals, so I'm thinking of making a paladin. I've never played a paladin before (always preferred SKs as hybrid tanks), but wondering if there's any benefit for rolling with a certain deity for Velious?

Tunare / Plane of Growth? etc

Any info/advice is appreciated <3

Pullyn
11-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Hail Prexus! Pras the Ocean lord.

Vellaen
11-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Nature's Defender (http://wiki.project1999.com/Natures_Defender), Tunare+HIE/HEF only, is one off the top of my head.

Esheon
11-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Not Velious, but IMO the most appropriate deity lore-wise (and the best imbued cultural) is Mith Marr...

But yes, Nature's Defender is the best-looking sword out there.

Swish
11-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Nature's Defender (http://wiki.project1999.com/Natures_Defender), Tunare+HIE/HEF only, is one off the top of my head.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/sodahead.comOh-My-Goodness.gif !

Thanks for the responses guys, wasn't sure which way to go... it's probably Tunare despite the cultural benefits of later on :p

Potus
11-21-2014, 06:37 PM
So lame how there never was a bad ass Ocean Lord Trident spear.

kaev
11-22-2014, 04:19 AM
Not Velious, but IMO the most appropriate deity lore-wise (and the best imbued cultural) is Mith Marr...

But yes, Nature's Defender is the best-looking sword out there.

Mith Marr Imbued Field Plate isn't worth the diamond.

Tuljin
11-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Really what's awesome is the non-classic Brell plate for Dwarves

Nature's Defender looks cool, though its inferior to epic and you have to deal with the inferior stats of the Elves for your Paladin career. Idk what the big deal is

Daldaen
11-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Really what's awesome is the non-classic Brell plate for Dwarves

Nature's Defender looks cool, though its inferior to epic and you have to deal with the inferior stats of the Elves for your Paladin career. Idk what the big deal is

FashionQuest.

Elves - Baller status + Natures Defender if Tunare
Erudite - Maestro shield
Dwarf - Dwarven Cultural armor
Human - ??? Being hated in your home city?

All of those become pretty irrelevant in Velious though. ND is cool looking and extremely easy to obtain.

But on this server, due to long time in Kunark + few paladins, Book of Scale is pretty affordable and most guilds don't have paladins to give no drop books to. So obtaining Fiery Defender is a pretty reachable goal. So Nature's Defender loses a lot of its value (its ease of access). Maestro shield isn't a reason to pick a race. Dwarven cultural, while pretty awesome, is much less valuable come Velious armors even Kael stuff. Especially once 255 Resist is here and you don't need to stack MR so hard. Just 100-150 off gear then rest off buffs/songs to cap.

Samoht
11-22-2014, 02:01 PM
go brell or go home

kaev
11-22-2014, 03:30 PM
FashionQuest.

Elves - Baller status + Natures Defender if Tunare
Erudite - Maestro shield
Dwarf - Dwarven Cultural armor
Human - ??? Being hated in your home city?

All of those become pretty irrelevant in Velious though. ND is cool looking and extremely easy to obtain.

But on this server, due to long time in Kunark + few paladins, Book of Scale is pretty affordable and most guilds don't have paladins to give no drop books to. So obtaining Fiery Defender is a pretty reachable goal. So Nature's Defender loses a lot of its value (its ease of access). Maestro shield isn't a reason to pick a race. Dwarven cultural, while pretty awesome, is much less valuable come Velious armors even Kael stuff. Especially once 255 Resist is here and you don't need to stack MR so hard. Just 100-150 off gear then rest off buffs/songs to cap.

Wow, you call that list FashionQuest and you don't mention the most fashionable race of all?
HalfElf, male or female, is the best looking race for classic plate graphics. If you're obsessed with going Tunare for Nature's Defender you can do that as a HalfElf, thereby avoiding being a limp-wristed HighElf.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Wow, you call that list FashionQuest and you don't mention the most fashionable race of all?
HalfElf, male or female, is the best looking race for classic plate graphics. If you're obsessed with going Tunare for Nature's Defender you can do that as a HalfElf, thereby avoiding being a limp-wristed HighElf.

SamwiseRed
11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
half elves cant wear robes, nor can dwarfs. i wouldnt wear a robe as a paladin just becaues that would look gay but if you are a serious beard there are some good robes you could use if you roll human/highelf/(erudite?)

TheFishyOne
11-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Dwarves have excellent Pally stats, and Dwarven Cultural is just about BIS for Pallies until Kunark.