PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Nektulos Forest Newbie Bind Point

wsbsteven
12-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Currently for a Dark Elf the default bind point is across the bridge near the East Commonlands zone. The location should be on the hill near the Neriak zone line around 2144, -877, 10.

Wenai
02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Bumping.

Aeolwind
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Correct. However, when the value of the initial bind spot is changed in the DB it will not reflect that location on live. Similar bug happens in Gfay for High Elves.

Uaellaen
04-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Correct. However, when the value of the initial bind spot is changed in the DB it will not reflect that location on live. Similar bug happens in Gfay for High Elves.

that means you dont know how to fix it yet? just curious since i created a new dark elf a few days before the server went down, and it was still bound at the bridge ... wich is a bad location for a lvl 1, especialy for new players since there are only shadow wolfs, skeletons and bears arround that kill you in 2 ~3 hits ...

Aeolwind
04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Actually, regardless of where I set the bind point it puts you at the safe spot in the zone....I moved it from that hill to the Entrance of Neriak a while back and it still wouldn't move. Interestingly enough, the same thing happens in GFay for High Elves (But not Wood Elves).

I'd originally thought it was a client interaction issue, but there weren't any problems with Trolls, Ogres, Gnomes, or Barbs...unlike a lot of races, those don't have a bind point outside of a city zone (Innothule, Feerrott, etc). I'm in the middle of a lot of shit right now IRL, but I'll try to clear some of it so I can work on some of these issues again this week.

RL List of quest fixes:

Heat Pump broken, not providing cool when switched on.
Spare bathroom toilet broken, it's just completely screwed up.
Kitchen and living room code are not up to par.