PDA

View Full Version : New to server ?'s

Enercell
11-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi all!

Level 3 shaman arm, just returned a few nights ago. Spent last night picking up scraps from a fellow killing guards outside my home city, and running in for food/drink for a few people. So far br I've been able to get enough plat for bags and spells. My main question is:

How much farming of plat should I do while leveling? I'm a troll shaman, I'd like to save up for banded armor sometime in the near future (once I'm in the 10-15 range)

My plan was to farm pelts and bone chips in EC once I am high enough.

Any other advice?

Ps: toons name is croix if anyone wants to give me a ring!

Thanks all and safe travels!

Zliz
11-24-2014, 04:56 AM
"How much" depends a bit. For a caster, priority one is getting enough money for spells. Weapons and armor is second priority, if not tenth priority compared to spells.

A great and safe place to farm some newbie money is East and West Commonlands. I would go there at around level 10 or so. Run around and focus on killing the following mobs:

Orcs of all sizes - save their Deatfist Slashed Belt and Orc Scalp
Will-o-wisps - save their Lightstones and Greater Lightstones
Bears - save their High Quality Bear Skin

DF belts sell fairly easily for 5p each to players, Orc Scalps fly off the shelves for 10p each

Lightstones and Greater LS don't sell that well, but you can save them and turn them in for XP instead at the South Ro gypsy camp. Even at level 20 it gives noticable XP, and turning in a Greater LS gives you an item back that you can sell for 10p to the merchant. See Evil Research quest (http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Research)

High Quality Bear Skins sell fairly easily for 30p each.

It shouldn't take you more than an hour to be at least 100p richer; repeat as necessary!

Another bonus is that you can ask (nicely) for buffs at the EC tunnel (or some people announce that they give them out). Just watch out for wandering Freeport guards and the druids at the druid rings.

Apart from spells, shoot for newbie gear in the 20-100p range per item; use the gearing guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman#Pre-Planar) for reference or look up suitable items yourself here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Shaman_Equipment

webrunner5
11-24-2014, 06:36 AM
I would loot every thing you kill and others do. Copper adds up in the long run. Not going to be rich but every bit helps. Shaman is a hard class to equip with them needing both spells, which they have a shitpot of, and needing Melee gear also.

So loot like hell and welcome aboard. :p

Estu
11-24-2014, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't worry about gear as a shaman unless you're doing a lot of soloing. If you're soloing a lot, a suit of banded and a nice weapon can make a big difference. Shamans are tricky in that especially during the early levels, they're actually better at melee soloing than at pure casting (i.e. root-dotting). But in any case they're pretty piss-poor soloers until later levels, and in later levels you don't want to be meleeing (until you hit 60 and get Torpor).

If you're grouping, you really don't need to worry about gear.

webrunner5
11-25-2014, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about gear as a shaman unless you're doing a lot of soloing. If you're soloing a lot, a suit of banded and a nice weapon can make a big difference. Shamans are tricky in that especially during the early levels, they're actually better at melee soloing than at pure casting (i.e. root-dotting). But in any case they're pretty piss-poor soloers until later levels, and in later levels you don't want to be meleeing (until you hit 60 and get Torpor).

If you're grouping, you really don't need to worry about gear.

Estu makes some great points. They pretty much suck till 24 and I think really till 34 when they get their Dog Pet. Getting mine to level 24 was one hell of a hard journey I can tell you. But it is worth the effort only if you have a LOT of time to devote to a Shaman. It is not a class that in a group you can sort of afk a lot, or just leave at the drop of a hat like say a Mage can. They are a full time job, grouping or soloing with the canni dance crap, 50 buffs and slows etc. A busy ass class all the time.

Solo you can at least take a break and med "up on the hill" and do things, kids, meals, phone, etc. They do solo well. And a half easy Epic to get to boot. :cool: