PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation

Rhyghar
11-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Just got this up and running and I can log into the character select/creation screen but I can not make a new character. It says in the character slots that my spell list is out of date and I need to find the "getting started thread" which I cant seem to find. I'm sure this has been asked many times, but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, thank you.

EDIT**

While waiting for a mod to approve my post I figured out my issue and I am currently in game, so please disregard the above.

I do have a couple other questions I hope someone can answer.

1- I am currently playing in window mode, but I can not size the window to fit a widescreen monitor, is this not something I can do or is there a way to adjust the size of the window?
2- On the character creation screen there was no option for character customization, I know you can change faces once ingame but was this the way it was in 99? I totally forget.
3- UI, is there other options for UI skins? I was sure I saw something in a thread last night while I was trying to get the game installed properly but now, of course I cant find that link.
- specifically the main hotbar, at the moment its vertical and I'd much rather have a horizontal bar, also extra bars as well, I know this is possible with the current EQ ( I still have my
my original account I play from time to time
4- Keybinding, I cant remember how to bind sense direction to a movement key
5- Chat windows, is it possible to abbreviate the text like you can with the newer versions of EQ?

Think that's it for now, thanks to any and all responses.

Rhyghar

jolinarlorian
11-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi Rhyghar,

1) You need to edit eqclient.ini in your EQ install directory.

Look for the [VideoMode] section and set the with / hight values there to size your window how you like.

2) I have set face options in the top left corner of my character create UI, beneath set name.

3) Never used alternate skins, sorry

4) Find the skill on your skills bar, click and hold, once it "sticks" to your cursor drop the icon on your hotbar.

5) I don't know, sorry.