PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a noob leveling party

esdo
11-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Hey guys.

I want to play everquest with my friends ( 4 ppl total ) and was looking for some help ( as I have absolutely no experience in EverQuest ) :

1 - How hard it is for different races to group up? I mean, each race has it's own starting area right?

2 - What races - deities should we pick? Based on where the party would level. Not quite sure on how faction system works.

3 - What classes should we pick? For the best leveling party, i imagine that it's something like 2 dmg 1 tank 1 healer.

4 - Where should we meet to level at first? Im sure it's easy finding other leveling zones after the first one, but I really have no idea on where to start.

I've read some guides but these seems like the type of knowledge only attainable from gameplay experience.

Thanks!

webrunner5
11-20-2014, 02:03 AM
I would start near EC Tunnel on a new character and join a low level Guild. Both of those would help a lot. Free buffs, maybe some good free gear, and a Guild to ask questions about stuff and to group with fellow members.

Probably would not start a Evil class also. Game is hard enough without adding that into equation. :D Welcome Aboard. It takes time, lots of it, to learn this game well.

Aruden
11-20-2014, 02:42 AM
cleric (healer), paladin (tank), enchanter (crowd control/buffs/dps with charmed pet), and magician (dps).

all high elves or all humans so that you can start in the same city. i'm partial to high elves because felwithe/kelethin/crushbone are amazing.

mickey182
11-20-2014, 08:17 AM
I'll offer a couple options:

#1 Dwarf Paladin [tank], Dwarf (or High Elf) Cleric [healer/buffs], Gnome Necromancer [dps], Gnome (or High elf) Enchanter [crowd control/buffs/utility]

There are a few reasons why this is my number one recommendation. It puts you on Faydwer, which is an awesome place for leveling. It only requires two starting cities (Kaladim and Ak'anon), limiting the need for splitting the party and running around. Most importantly you become the ultimate group in dealing with the undead, which is nice since you'll be on Faydwer and have the option for some undead prolific areas.

Be aware, however, that the necromancer can be tricky for faction reasons...many places don't like necromancers.

#2 High Elf (or Dwarf) Paladin [tank], Wood Elf Druid [healer/buffs], High Elf Magician [dps], High Elf Enchanter [crowd control/buffs/utility]

This group also puts you on Faydwer (my favorite leveling), and all in the same starting zone (though still two cities, they both connect to Greater Faydark, minimizing splitting and running about). Dwarf does get better starting stats for Pally if you don't mind the initial splitting up of the party. Druid is a bit less of a healer than cleric, but gains travel spells to take the party all over the world, not to mention SoW! What's more, the Pally gains enough supplemental healing to get you through most things. The Magician gets some very useful summons (food, pouches, weapons for pets, etc).

--------------------

That's just a couple options based on my own preferences. The first gives you a clear goal (find undead and eradicate them), while the second gives you great flexibility. There's any number of other options (all Iksar party, party centered around East Commonlands for easy trading, etc).

As for leveling, if you're on Faydwer the usual chain goes Greater Faydark (or butcherblock or steamfont), then Crushbone, then Unrest. There are other possibilities, but that works great (especially if you choose the anti-undead party).

I would also mention that if you add a 5th player to your group you might want to consider a wood elf bard. Would add some fantastic synergy to either group I listed.

Roky Erickson
11-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Gnome warrior, gnome cleric, gnome rogue, gnome magician, gnome enchanter, gnome wizard

falkun
11-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Gnome warrior, gnome cleric, gnome rogue, gnome magician, gnome enchanter, gnome wizard
Go gnome or go home!

@OP:
Its incredibly difficult to meet up, but this might be circumvented depending on how readily you can find a druid/wizard to port you guys together and bind you all in the same zone. The most difficult part will be if you have some good and some evil races, as some of your group members will have difficulty training or obtaining spells.

For a 4-man static party, I'd suggest tank/healer/CC/DPS, or tank/healer/DPS/DPS.

Some good early leveling grounds are Blackburrow (Qeynos, Erudin, Halas starts), Crushbone (Kelethin, Kaladim, Ak`Anon, and Felwithe starts), and UGuk (Grobb, Oggok, Neriak, and Freeport starts). That should cover most of the starting cities, without having to travel more than half a continent and take your group to at least L16. Find race/class/diety combinations that allow these meet ups.

arsenalpow
11-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Erudite SK/pally
Erudite cleric
Erudite enchanter
Erudite wizard

tukai1976
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
I am just starting out and if you need a 5th person, I would be happy to play with you and yours.

iruinedyourday
11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Evil party: Ogre War, Dark Elf Cleric, Ogre or Troll Shaman, Dark Elf Enchanter

Iksar party: Warrior/SK, monk, necro, shaman

Goody Tooshoes party: two thumbs down

This is a group of bad asses.

Esheon
11-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Since everyone is on about Faydwer and EC, I'll go with the other side...

Tank: Human paladin (Karana or Rodcet Knife), Human shadowknight (Bertoxxulous), Barbarian warrior
Healer: Erudite cleric, Human cleric (Bertoxxulous, Karana, or Rodcet Nife for Human), Barbarian shaman, Human druid
CC: Human/Erudite enchanter, Human/Half Elf bard
DPS: Barbarian rogue, Human monk, Erudite wizard, Half Elf ranger

Pick one of each, with the following advice in mind...

If your tank is a paladin, pick a shaman or druid as a healer. With druid, the paladin AC buff will stack. With shaman, the paladin HP buff will stack. With cleric, nothing stacks.
Pick one class with "run fast" (bard, druid, shaman... or ranger, but they get it much later).
Pick one class with "ports" (druid, wizard).
If you have a druid, you've got both "run fast" and "ports" covered in one character.

Make sure your religious types pick a deity that lets them start in Qeynos or Surefall. Erudite clerics who worship Cazic-Thule might have trouble reaching the boat in Erudin, but it's doable if you want.

There you go, the perfect group that can go anywhere and do anything. Meet up in Qeynos and start leveling!

Caveat: Barbarians might have to beg a sow and/or invis to get through Blackburrow. Erudites just need a boat ride.

esdo
11-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks for all the info, guys!

I will now see with my friends what they think is best.

How much time would we need to meet up?

What level should we get to before grouping up?

Esheon
11-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Time to meet up would depend on where everyone is starting, of course.

If you're starting around Qeynos...
Erudites would take anywhere from 20-40 minutes to get there (depending on where the boat is when they get to the docks).
Barbarians probably 15 minutes, more without sow. Without sow they'll likely need a few levels on them to run through Blackburrow, unless someone has the tunnel cleared.

If you're on Faydwer, gnomes and dwarves can run to gfay in under 10 minutes.

If you're aiming for EC...
Ogres and trolls have a bit of a run through 4-5 zones. (Feerrott, Innothule, SRo, Oasis, NRo, EC)
Halflings just run through a few zones. (Kithicor, WC, EC)
Dark elves are easy (Nek, EC)

As to what level, probably 4-5 is good... enough for your casters and priests to get their second circle of spells. Erudites should probably just head straight to Qeynos... their newbie yard sucks, and Qeynos has all their spells.

Remember also that in Faydwer gnome necros will have to return to Ak'anon for spells, in Qeynos barb shamans will have to return to Halas, and in EC ogre/troll shamans will have to make a spell trip. For the ogres and trolls, try to pick up Spirit of Wolf before you leave home, even if you can't scribe it yet.