PDA

View Full Version : having a tough time starting . spare anything?

onarrot4000
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Just joined the p1999 community and its great to be playing old school eq . made a druid as first char because it seems to be a good first class , as I will make as much pp from porting as possible to make the character of my choice geared up . but right now I'm having a really tough time getting started. Without a clarity buff I feel essentially useless , and I was wondering if anyone could spare a young druid with some starting gear ? Anything would be very useful and greatly appreciated . I'm a lvl 9 druid named guavas , PST me if you could help me out. Or any advice would be appreciated as well. Thanks y'all, sorry for being a bum :/

Fame
11-18-2014, 07:59 PM
is this a joke?

toolshed
11-18-2014, 08:05 PM
XP may be slower than you remembered because you may have played games like WoW that have very fast levels. You just need to grind it out. I love going to Kurns at ~10-12 because of the extremely fast Zone Experience Modifier

minijag
11-18-2014, 08:56 PM
It isn't too bad. I like the way things are at... Although the economy seems different than what I remember... I'm still too young to tell if it's good or bad...

Ravager
11-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Wood Elf Druid Plat Making While Leveling Guide:
-------------------------------------------------------
1-5 Deliver Mail from Felwithe to Kelethin http://wiki.project1999.com/Going_Postal
1-5 Kill Pixies (drop gems and weapons, amber vendors for 2pp)
1-5 Kill Bees (drop poison sacs that vendor for 3gp each)
Really though, as boring as it is, you'll probably make more doing the mail quest and level faster.

5-10 Orc Hill/Crushbone (Crushbone Belts and Pads sell to players 2pp each)

10-17 Move to North Karana and kill wisps for http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid
Greater Lightstones turn into http://wiki.project1999.com/Concordance_of_Research which can be sold to the same gypsy that gives the quest for 9.5pp. Each Lightstone gives you 2% experience, each Greater Lightstone gives you 4% experience. The wisps turn green at around 15, but the stones still give decent exp and loot.

12-18 Sister Bandits in LFay - Permacamped, but if you can get it they drop bronze weapons that vendor for plat. There's another bandit camp in zone that also drops bronze, but you run the risk of coming across angry brownies there.

18-24 Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe - Drop Bronze weapons and some crappy gems.

20-26 Hermit in South Karana - Drops Fine Steel. Single spawn on a 2 minute timer.

20-26 Gargoyle Island in Ocean of Tears - Drop stackable Gargoyle Eyes that vendor for 180pp per stack. Leave at least 2 gargoyles up to keep all of the Giant Skeleton Place Holders Clear.

23-32 Wooly Mammoths in Everfrost Peaks. Can be charmed. Drop tusks that vendor for 10.5pp each, though they are Giant and do not stack. Vendors in the zone, but also you can always port to vendor/bank at this point in the game.

28-35 Gnolls in South Karana. Drop low level loot and fine steel. Could possibly start your quadding career here if you are geared enough. Also, if you get the 4 Lore Gnoll Skins (usually used for Gem Inlaid Gauntlets quest) you can take them to South Qeynos for http://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls which will get you between one half and one yellow of experience per hand in, depending on your level.

29+ You can now port people, but don't expect to get rich off ports, there are a lot of cheapskates. The two best places to bind and offer ports are Overthere and Ocean of Tears. Both are out of the way places that high level players pay decent plat and gems to get out of.

35-42 Mistmoore Bridge to the tower. Harmony pull, use the corners to hide from casters while you root rot them. Gargoyles drop eyes and you can camp Avenging Caitiff for Crested Spaulders and Helm.

39-45 Hill Giants. Drop plat, gems and fine steel.

39-49 Specters in Oasis, Ocean of Tears, Feerrott. Good quadding. Drop Scythes that vendor for 12pp each. Drop smaller gems.

40-51 Bouncers in Feerrott Drop Fine Steel.

50-60 Seafuries in Ocean of Tears for good gems.

50-60 Dungeons. You're gonna make way more plat grouping at these levels and have more fun. You can port, so no reason not to build your own groups and stake out your own camps.

Also don't forget to group in dungeons along the way so that you learn your role in a group (snares, patch heals, keep tank damage shields, resist/hp/str/regen buffs and occasional direct damage dps). You'll also want to experience dungeons as you level because they are some of the best content ever offered in a mmorpg.

From your other thread. You could probably start on wisps at level 9. Follow this path and you'll have plenty of plat to gear yourself in short time.

Jimjam
11-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Don't forget to train meditate now you are above level 8.

If you feel mana regen is slow.. tough! The only ways to improve it is clarity buffs and mediatate; no amount of extra gear will improve mana regen.

Charak
11-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Start killing wisps for greater light stones as soon as you can. Qeynos hills has quite a few. There is a magical staff you can from a quest involving the gnoll hunters that will allow you to hit them with melee, but most of your damage will be spells