PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

tukai1976
11-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am ecstatic to be here. I was a long time Eq player started in kunark and quit in early 2006. I was on the Zeb server and then Xegony and got to see the best of EQ in Dark Horizon. A friend was kind enough to show me how to set this up and I was able to start playing yesterday. I can not really put into words how great it felt.

I played a bard back in the day, but now I am torn between bard, warrior, druid, shaman. I think the bard could be fun because it's before nerfing. I am starting from scratch, so it's quite a challenge and I am ready for it. I made a Barbarian shaman and warrior, Halfing druid, and wood elf bard. I will be reading the guides to get a basis of what to do since it's been so long.

Safe travels.

Woulf
11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Good luck and have fun.

Poosammich
11-17-2014, 03:42 PM
In your boat here too! WB, the boards here seem at least fairly forgiving so if you've got a question someone far more qualified than I will throw you a bone. I'm stuck with Bard/SK/Necro.... I can't choose either!

On to the first line of your post, I truly felt like I had gone through a time-warp, and came out in 2000 when I first logged in. If you can get past the graphics, all of those things you liked before are still here....... ^^

tukai1976
11-17-2014, 04:29 PM
I just wish all of my old friends, and frienemies :) still played.

Megaevils
11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Hail and well met. Hope you started on the Red server. :)

Sidelle
11-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Welcome to p99. :)

DarkwingDuck
11-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Welcome :)
All classes are fun, it's EQ
Out of the choices I'd say Shaman or Bard :)

tukai1976
11-18-2014, 08:32 AM
I ran around as a warrior halfling yesterday. It was pretty fun and I just need to figure out how to get my sense heading. Anytime I played a new character in EQ back then, I always for some reason started in Qeynos and just fell in love with the adjacent zones.

webrunner5
11-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Not sure I would go with a First character with a 40% XP penalty which a Bard has. But admitted they can Power Level themselves well if you can play one really good. Welcome aboard. :D

tukai1976
11-18-2014, 10:04 AM
I made a halfling warrior and am level 3 right now. I need to learn sense heading. A few kind people buffed me which was a great welcome to the EQ 1999 community. I need to try to get a better weapon soon I believe. I will try to make my way to EC this week to see if I can buy something with the 10pp I have.

When I 1st played many moons ago I was in Qeynos. Someone ported me and left me in the EC area. It was the most terrifying thing for me trying to get back to Qeynos as a level 8 warrior w/o a port. There was a guy named Hylander who showed me the way back. Kith woods was scary as all hell and he said no matter what, hug the wall and run. Man those were the times.