PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon - Rise of the Fallen (October 2014 update)

Swish
11-16-2014, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELd95jqaFc (10 mins)

If you've got a spare 10 minutes, take a look. Certainly some improvements. I like the way it looks. Can't be any worse than how Archeage is turning.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Game is hilarious. Following the rerolled thread is my sick soap opera joy. Highly recommend.

Mandalore93
11-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Link to that thread? I also think that Pantheon will fall to the same problem that so many other new MMOs fall to. They try to build this huge amazing world but it ends up being buggy and unpolished. I would really like to see new companies start off small, both in terms of content and in itemization. This could help smooth out their initial product and also help stall mudflation on items.

Hell, just slow down leveling a bit but throw in other easier achievements for people to chase down. Create a game about the size of antonica in EQ1 and go from there.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Link to that thread?

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5912-Pantheon-IS-SLASHES-ReRolled-for-13-damage

Goes through the announcement, the kickstarter, the failing of the kickstarter, the recruitment of the god warriors, and the horrible stock unity abomination that's happening now. God help him :p

HeallunRumblebelly
11-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Actually, that thread just has after the failing of the kickstarter but before the God warriors (current incarnation). The original thread with a lot of the McQuaid responses is probably still in the Rickshaw. Look for it if ya like.

stormlord
11-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Link to that thread? I also think that Pantheon will fall to the same problem that so many other new MMOs fall to. They try to build this huge amazing world but it ends up being buggy and unpolished. I would really like to see new companies start off small, both in terms of content and in itemization. This could help smooth out their initial product and also help stall mudflation on items.

Hell, just slow down leveling a bit but throw in other easier achievements for people to chase down. Create a game about the size of antonica in EQ1 and go from there.
WoW was BUGGY on release too. So were all of theothers.

They fail for a simple reason. Everybody keeps going back to WoW because WoW does it best. WoW garnered millions of users in its first couple years. If you add up all the users in most of hte MMORPGs it's about the same number who've played WoW over the years. And since they played so much WoW they keep going back.

There's been no real advances to create a substantially new kind of MMORPG. Ask yourself, what'd pull you away from a game you love to play? That's what it takes. The new game must thoroughly destroy WoW. I don't mean kick it to hte curb. I don't mean embarrass it. It must rape, kill, dismember, assassinate its character and tarnish its history.

WoW is riding the wave of its tremendous success. THIS is what will kill it. At a critical point in time, it'll fail to be alert and a contender will successfully rise up and tactfully remove it from its throne.

citizen1080
11-21-2014, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELd95jqaFc (10 mins)

If you've got a spare 10 minutes, take a look. Certainly some improvements. I like the way it looks. Can't be any worse than how Archeage is turning.

Dont knock AA till you try it sir. Game is a blast and well worth playing.

Jauna
11-24-2014, 12:35 AM
WoW is riding the wave of its tremendous success. THIS is what will kill it. At a critical point in time, it'll fail to be alert and a contender will successfully rise up and tactfully remove it from its throne.
People have been saying this for 10 years. 10 years.

Rift
Wildstar
SW:TOR
Aion
The one with little half naked girls made by koreans
The ninja one
EverQuest 2
The fan made pokemon MMO
Everything that SoE released after WoW with too many to name
All NCSoft MMOs

Nothing compares to how huge WoW is. You add up everything I listed and you might get somewhat close numbers to WoW. Warlords of Draenor is a huge hit right now, I even forgot about my P99 account and many other games as the 10 day old crust was forming on my body and chair. While I watched part of the video and like the idea of a Skyrim like world with 14 year old looking character models and bounding heads in the portrait in the top left and the idea of "make friends or die" ideals they have.

The only thing that can kill WoW, is WoW. No other game will kill it, just wont happen. Here is what is going to happen with Pantheon:

You will hype yourself up so much
Your imagination will run wild with what could be
Game gets closer to release and itll be all you think about
Game gets released, all those images you had start falling away as your heart slowly breaks
All the friends you started with quit for reasons
You sit there a few levels into it stuck on a quest while everyone around you is doing their own thing
You start thinking about how your old vice/game is doing, go back there and feel at home again because the UI/gameplay/setup is what you are used to and forget about Pantheon
Youll check back with it when it goes F2P for a few hours

P99 is your home, it will always be your home. You cannot leave. You are addicted. They have you. You are unable to fight this.

Leeyuuduu
11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
It doesn't matter how many people play it, WoW sucks ass.
McDonald's has over 1 billion burgers served..does that mean it's quality food??
No, they're just great at marketing and handing people shit on a silver platter for cheap (<-- this sentence actually refers to Blizzard)

Jauna
11-24-2014, 01:04 AM
It doesn't matter how many people play it, WoW sucks ass.
McDonald's has over 1 billion burgers served..does that mean it's quality food??
No, they're just great at marketing and handing people shit on a silver platter for cheap (<-- this sentence actually refers to Blizzard)

Opinions are all I see in your post.

Rararboker
11-24-2014, 02:04 AM
Opinions are all I see in your post.

Huh? I think a hamburger that has a patty with a meat content lower than 12% qualifies as garbage. His relation between that and WOW might be strained but at least he got 1 thing correct.