PDA

View Full Version : new druid having difficulties

onarrot4000
11-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Made a wood elf druid yesterday , I got to level 6 in about 10 hours . I have forgotten how hard this game is after playing other games since. I am just wondering , how in the hell can I make moneyfor my spells ? I feel like I just sit in group and am useless , undergeared, sitting the entire time . if anyone has any pointers I'd surley appreciate it . also, if anyone has any hand me down druid gear I'd be very appreciative . names guavas , level 6 druid on EC blue server

DarkwingDuck
11-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Welcome man
Just tried sending u a tell, I've been playing my 14 wizard, I also have a 5 cleric in ec.

Basically for spells, you can kill sell to players in EC.. BONECHIPS (5plat a stack) , high quality pelts for 10-20plat each... And ORC belts for 1–2 plat each.. So just get a couple more lvls n do that.. For quicker than normal cash, unless someone just buys them for u..
I'll buy you're 5 or 9 spells for ya

Greacenthe - wizard
Foolof - cleric

Estu
11-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Here's a guide to making some platinum early on: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie#Platinum

In terms of feeling useless in a group: druids have a lot of nice tools to use in groups, including:
* Harmony, one of the most powerful spells in the game, which lets you easily single pull just about anything in an outdoor zone
* Snare, which lets you stop monsters from running away when low on HP and aggroing a bunch more
* Root, which you can use to ensure that your group is only fighting one monster at a time
* Thorns, which you can cast on your tank to provide DPS
* Heals
* STR / HP+AC buffs
* Animal charming (starting at level 14), which lets you add a lot of DPS
Keep at it and get a feeling for the class. As you level up you'll feel more useful. Meditate at level 8 is huge too since it will greatly increase your mana regeneration.

In terms of gear, I would not worry about it. The only reason you'll need gear for a long time is if you want to quad kite solo, starting in your 30s.

The only thing you really need at low level is your spells. You can pick and choose which spells to get and which to leave, if you're short on money - not all of them are necessary. For example, looking at your level 9 spells, I can tell you that Endure Cold, Firefist, Starshine, and Treeform are not going to be very useful, and Enduring Breath, Invis versus Animals, and Thistlecoat are spells you can probably hold off on buying until later if you're just grouping.

Vyndretta
11-16-2014, 09:58 AM
I just started about a week ago myself so I know the early struggles with cash especially for a caster. I went with the philosophy of use 25% off the belts/pads I picked up and sold 75% give or take a few either way. This helped make more than enough plat for spells that I wasn't feeling strapped all the time. Gfay is a pretty decent place to make money thanks to the belts/pads. Good luck:)

Ravager
11-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Wood Elf Druid Plat Making While Leveling Guide:
-------------------------------------------------------
1-5 Deliver Mail from Felwithe to Kelethin http://wiki.project1999.com/Going_Postal
1-5 Kill Pixies (drop gems and weapons, amber vendors for 2pp)
1-5 Kill Bees (drop poison sacs that vendor for 3gp each)
Really though, as boring as it is, you'll probably make more doing the mail quest and level faster.

5-10 Orc Hill/Crushbone (Crushbone Belts and Pads sell to players 2pp each)

10-17 Move to North Karana and kill wisps for http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid
Greater Lightstones turn into http://wiki.project1999.com/Concordance_of_Research which can be sold to the same gypsy that gives the quest for 9.5pp. Each Lightstone gives you 2% experience, each Greater Lightstone gives you 4% experience. The wisps turn green at around 15, but the stones still give decent exp and loot.

12-18 Sister Bandits in LFay - Permacamped, but if you can get it they drop bronze weapons that vendor for plat. There's another bandit camp in zone that also drops bronze, but you run the risk of coming across angry brownies there.

18-24 Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe - Drop Bronze weapons and some crappy gems.

20-26 Hermit in South Karana - Drops Fine Steel. Single spawn on a 2 minute timer.

20-26 Gargoyle Island in Ocean of Tears - Drop stackable Gargoyle Eyes that vendor for 180pp per stack. Leave at least 2 gargoyles up to keep all of the Giant Skeleton Place Holders Clear.

23-32 Wooly Mammoths in Everfrost Peaks. Can be charmed. Drop tusks that vendor for 10.5pp each, though they are Giant and do not stack. Vendors in the zone, but also you can always port to vendor/bank at this point in the game.

28-35 Gnolls in South Karana. Drop low level loot and fine steel. Could possibly start your quadding career here if you are geared enough. Also, if you get the 4 Lore Gnoll Skins (usually used for Gem Inlaid Gauntlets quest) you can take them to South Qeynos for http://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls which will get you between one half and one yellow of experience per hand in, depending on your level.

29+ You can now port people, but don't expect to get rich off ports, there are a lot of cheapskates. The two best places to bind and offer ports are Overthere and Ocean of Tears. Both are out of the way places that high level players pay decent plat and gems to get out of.

35-42 Mistmoore Bridge to the tower. Harmony pull, use the corners to hide from casters while you root rot them. Gargoyles drop eyes and you can camp Avenging Caitiff for Crested Spaulders and Helm.

39-45 Hill Giants. Drop plat, gems and fine steel.

39-49 Specters in Oasis, Ocean of Tears, Feerrott. Good quadding. Drop Scythes that vendor for 12pp each. Drop smaller gems.

40-51 Bouncers in Feerrott Drop Fine Steel.

50-60 Seafuries in Ocean of Tears for good gems.

50-60 Dungeons. You're gonna make way more plat grouping at these levels and have more fun. You can port, so no reason not to build your own groups and stake out your own camps.

Also don't forget to group in dungeons along the way so that you learn your role in a group (snares, patch heals, keep tank damage shields, resist/hp/str/regen buffs and occasional direct damage dps). You'll also want to experience dungeons as you level because they are some of the best content ever offered in a mmorpg.

webrunner5
11-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Until you get to level 14, you pretty much suck. You will have to group from like level 6 to 14 to make it worth the effort. After that you can solo and do well. It is well worth the effort in the long run trust me. :p

rsloans84
11-17-2014, 08:24 AM
I play during the evenings eastern time, msg tempris its my sk twink currently near ec area... got many characters willing to give you starter plat for spells. Just /whoall temp and youre find me, or taelayin for my druid ;))

webrunner5
11-17-2014, 09:05 AM
First place I went at 14 was EK. Charmed wolfs to kill Wolfs. Then did the Spiders there. Worked out well and made some loot. :D I have probably made 800k on my Druid just Porting, PLing, not counting loot over the years. Pretty easy to make a k a day porting alone.

BulletCatcher
11-17-2014, 03:44 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_all-in-one_guide_by_Gaviilan

This is a Druid Guide. It has a lot of useful information. If you are in Greater Fay goto Crushbone and level up in there. Collect the Crushbone Belts and Crushbone Shoulder Pads. The belts sell for 3p each, Pads for 5p.