PDA

View Full Version : From a red player: stop trolling the blue forums with recruitment posts

toolshed
11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
The blue server forum isn't red OOC. Stop treating it like it is.

The majority of blue players already think you are knuckle dragging trolls so going over there and fulfilling their prejudice isn't helping anything.

If the majority of the shit/spam posts are from a certain guild, give that guild a warning. If they keep spamming - disband the guild. It's that simple.

This is from a player that wants the red server population to increase.

Dis_Still_Mornin
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
No

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Duly noted GM toolshed

Genedin
11-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Will be sure to double efforts.

toolshed
11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
GM toolshed

Sirken please

Mac Drettj
11-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Welcome 2 red

Tameth
11-14-2014, 11:29 AM
welcome new crouton

Infectious
11-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you for creating the iksar travel guide. As an ambassador for the red community I would gladly like to unwelcome you from the red forums. Go find somewhere to cry bitch.

toolshed
11-14-2014, 11:34 AM
The GMs already said a while ago they would start banning people for doing that.

Wow is there any way you could track that post down?

FoxxHound
11-14-2014, 11:40 AM
k

daasgoot
11-14-2014, 11:49 AM
agree with OP.

i like the red recruitment posts, but getting into forum fights on blue server forum about red server superiority is counter-productive.

instead of insulting their current play style, tell them why you enjoy the red server over blue server. we all know red server is better, just have to help them see it without telling them they are wrong/stupid/faggots/pussies etc...

long live R99.

Niedar
11-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with telling people that are crying that there is a solution to all their problems on red.

Zade
11-14-2014, 12:00 PM
The GMs already said a while ago they would start banning people for doing that.

qft. swing the hammah

toolshed
11-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Nothing wrong with telling people that are crying that there is a solution to all their problems on red.

I agree with you and think that a lot of the problems that are on blue can be solved through pvp instead of GMs; I have only encountered pvp a small number of times on this server because the XP group bonus incentivises players to get along in their level range and group rather than pvp (also why you only see twinks pvping). This red server has some of the blue-ist pvp rules I have ever seen, so just think about how bad the perception of the server must be for droves of blue players to NOT play on here.

My point is with a post like this:
RED99 RECRUITING. HOLO CROOTING.

CAMPS OPEN, RAID MOBS OPEN.

WINTER IS COMING YOWL.

How does this post "[tell] people that are crying that their is a solution to all their problems on red"?

What it says to the majority of the human race: 'wow it's bad on blue99, but it's even worse on red99'

Glenzig
11-14-2014, 12:11 PM

Nope. They said that if it was actual spam, and if it could not be kept civil that they would ban. 5 different people posting about red in a thread isn't spam. Two or three threads every couple of weeks in server forum isn't spam. And as far as civility goes, if they really tightened up on that it would be mostly blue players getting the hammer.

Glenzig
11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
I agree with you and think that a lot of the problems that are on blue can be solved through pvp instead of GMs; I have only encountered pvp a small number of times on this server because the XP group bonus incentivises players to get along in their level range and group rather than pvp (also why you only see twinks pvping). This red server has some of the blue-ist pvp rules I have ever seen, so just think about how bad the perception of the server must be for droves of blue players to NOT play on here.

How does this post "[tell] people that are crying that their is a solution to all their problems on red"?

What it says to the majority of the human race: 'wow it's bad on blue99, but it's even worse on red99'

Totally agree with this and Dasgoot's post. Good points.

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Good thread.

Reading this was a nice break from the 850 page novel I am working on posting to the blue forum about how bad the Velious launch is going to be for them.

HippoNipple
11-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Stop being a little bitch, Holocaust is recruiting and will jack people from blue if they want.

Littlegyno 10.0
11-14-2014, 12:29 PM

im trying to save lil night riding fire giants from the torture that is blue99. can u fuking imagine sitting at a trakanon spawn for hours and hours hoping ur the first one to hit it? it makes me sick 2 my stomach.

that being said, holo crooting.

daasgoot
11-14-2014, 12:33 PM
can u fuking imagine sitting at a trakanon spawn for hours and hours hoping ur the first one to hit it? it makes me sick 2 my stomach.

gives me night terrors..

pras red99.

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Project 1999 : The Scars of Velious (Population: 2300 all in North Ro/Iceclad crashing it)

Can't wait

Swish
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
The GMs already said a while ago they would start banning people for (trolling the blue forums with red recruitment posts).

Last I saw the red recruitment posts were GM approved, don't see the issue with trying to help the server grow and give people an opportunity to step outside the boundaries of blue.

Too many rules there, you can't kill a plains cat without wondering if you're about to get a suspension for kill stealing from someone who "saw it first".

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Can't wait for the Smedy video where we pick up the Cobalt Scar portal tooth every time it spawns

See you in Thurgadin

Swish
11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Can't wait for the Smedy video where we pick up the Cobalt Scar portal tooth every time it spawns

See you in Thurgadin

That is a fun idea :D

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 12:50 PM
A fun idea? That's just the tip of the ice berg! It's an ice joke!

http://cdn1.fiverrcdn.com/photos/683533/medium/Alfred_the_Nerd_Promo_Laugh.jpg?1332649731

toolshed
11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Stop being a little bitch, Holocaust is recruiting and will jack people from blue if they want.

im trying to save lil night riding fire giants from the torture that is blue99. can u fuking imagine sitting at a trakanon spawn for hours and hours hoping ur the first one to hit it? it makes me sick 2 my stomach.

that being said, holo crooting.

If your goal, like mine, is to increase the population of red99, you have both failed.

I am not saying that there should be zero pro-red99 posts on the blue99 forums. I am saying stop TROLLING there with recruitment-like posts.

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Get it? Tip of the ice berg?

toolshed
11-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Ill break it down for the people that have 2-3 extra chromosomes:

GOOD:
Red is as Blue as it will get currently. Lot of farming, building up, perfect time for whole guilds to build anew.

I'm not even slightly trolling.

Velious will be a wipe spread population on a 300 person server. It's a dreamland for you pals. You'll pick up PvP and learn to enjoy it.

PvPing against players with far superior gear isn't really the point of why most of us play here (for those of you who feel like we enjoy griefing noobs).

We live for the really exciting, more equal fights.

Think about it. WINTER IS COMING. Abandon your frustrations and come embrace new, different and better frustrations on Red.

I love you.

BAD:
RED99 RECRUITING. HOLO CROOTING.

CAMPS OPEN, RAID MOBS OPEN.

WINTER IS COMING YOWL.

Nirgon
11-14-2014, 01:04 PM
OP say it all with this

:mad:

Both threads you linked are great, not good or bad. Great.

Malevz
11-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Whoa whoa whoa.

There's a blue server now?

Fame
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Leave red recruiting to class acts like myself and swish pls

toolshed
11-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Deru posted a great thread about Red99 on the server forums: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171290

Give your story about coming onto Red99. If you don't spam it with all caps troll posts, we might actually get some blue->recruits.

Dont mess this great opportunity up dumb dumbs

HippoNipple
11-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Deru posted a great thread about Red99 on the server forums: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171290

Give your story about coming onto Red99. If you don't spam it with all caps troll posts, we might actually get some blue->recruits.

Dont mess this great opportunity up dumb dumbs

Stop telling people how to talk to the community and share their feelings about the two servers. You are a killer of free speech and you disgust me.

Fame
11-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Stop telling people how to talk to the community and share their feelings about the two servers. You are a killer of free speech and you disgust me.

<Forum Quest>

Dacuk
11-14-2014, 06:13 PM
this is a gay thread

Tassador
11-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Blue thread on red most to off topic.

Swish
11-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Leave red recruiting to class acts like myself and swish pls

There's blood in the water though, the jimmies are flowing over there - hard not to want to "help" I'm sure ;)

BardPop
11-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Tool I've actually read some of these recruitment threads and they seem fine, well written etc. Just because 1% of the recruitment posts are stupid doesn't make them all bad. Blue players complain (the same ones mostly, probably total maybe a dozen of them) because they are secret masochists who enjoy forcing their player base to compete with as many other players as they can get, they will not rest until blue has ten's of thousands of players all waiting in line to camp seafuries/ac/tranix etc, even then they will probably discourage people from leaving to server, going on and on about non existent fungi twinks, and so on. Its painful to watch these slanderous lies as a player who has leveled on red. Fact is grief is minimal on red, most grief you will get is at 50+range when pvp breaks out over a zone, until then theres 4 maybe 5 twinks who harass cb and mm and the levels fly by well enough you out distance them in a day