PDA

View Full Version : The hell with it, gonna give it a shot. Rolling a completely unfunded Paladin.

Loadsamoney
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
And we'll see how far I can make it before I give up. It will probably take me months to reach the high levels, if I do. I have a plan for the early-mid levels that will hopefully get me some pocket change for the essentials, and I'll be slowly working on necessary faction and items for the epic along the way.

1-5: Farm decayed skeletons in West Freeport until the sun don't bloody shine no more. Sell bone chips at level 5, buy Sword of Skyfire and a cheap magic shield to bash with.
5-9: Orc centurion camp in Greater Faydark. Save all belts. Turn them in at 9 for new armor. Get new spells.
9-13: Wall camp in Crushbone. Save all belts and shoulderpads. Turn them in at 13 for new armor. Pick up level 15 spells.
13-21: Unrest. Back to Felwithe at 21 to pick up new spells.
21-25: Mistmoore, pond camp. Will be looking for a chance to loot Xicotl here, but I don't expect it. Leave at 25, pick up level 30 spells at Felwithe.
25-39: Highpass Keep. Goblins from 25-33, saving up all ears to sell and making as much coin as possible. By 33 I should have enough money to afford a Sword of the Morning and some real equipment, namely 55HP rings. Move to Highpass Guards from 33-39. At 39, rejoice that I now have good spells to work with.

From there I don't know, probably City of Mist, LGuk, and/or KC. Getting to that point is the challenge though. So we'll see if I have the patience to make it.

My Paladin is born: Loadsamunny. If anyone wants to say hi or be friends for future adventures, feel free to send me a whisper.

Jimjam
11-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Suggested amendment: farm bonechips/cloth in North Ro around the inn next to Freeport. It's a far safer area and the merchants there aren't greedy.

brecon
11-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Or 5-9 or 5-11: Camp Orcs at WC. Sell belts and scalps in same zone, afford Sword of the Morning or at least Sword of Skyfire. Saves you the trip out to Gfay too.

Loadsamoney
11-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Or 5-9 or 5-11: Camp Orcs at WC. Sell belts and scalps in same zone, afford Sword of the Morning or at least Sword of Skyfire. Saves you the trip out to Gfay too.

I'll look at that, but I was planning on binding in GFay until 25 anyway, since it's close to Unrest and Mistmoore. If I can afford a SoM and 2 55HP rings by Level 12 I may try to camp sisters in LFay.

bigstuff
11-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Dude roll red, you will not regret it

Laberintica
11-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm so sorry to ruin your fun but, there's no such thing as a painful leveling paladin anymore. Welcome to a 5 year old server, where your starting weapons are better than the end weapons back in pre -kunark. Where every 60 druid will just buff you and make your paladin feel like a warrior at low levels. Good luck

SamwiseRed
11-28-2014, 04:01 AM
I'm so sorry to ruin your fun but, there's no such thing as a painful leveling paladin anymore. Welcome to a 5 year old server, where your starting weapons are better than the end weapons back in pre -kunark. Where every 60 druid will just buff you and make your paladin feel like a warrior at low levels. Good luck

give me the best gear in the world and i still wouldnt level a paladin with this hybrid penalty. nope, naw.

Polyphemous
11-28-2014, 05:37 PM
May God have mercy on your soul. For this game will not.

Jaleth
11-30-2014, 10:47 AM
I hope the hybrid penalty will be gone sooner than later once velious hits . . . Hell, as soon as it hits. Many feel that the hybrid penalty has been around long enough.