View Full Version : Can't stop creating toons

DawnChild
11-12-2014, 09:23 AM
So my current lineup is as follows
DawnChild lvl 7 wood elf Druid
Protectsthebrood lvl 6 Iksar Warrior
Aggron lvl 5 Ogre Shaman
Flock lvl 4 Halfling Rogue
I'm enjoying all of the classes equally and can't really decide who to level first, or if I should just do it Pokemon style and try to keep them all even. I'm at a loss! Does anyone else have this problem?

Megaevils
11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Yup, Red and Blue Dwarf Paladin, Blue Human Druid and Barby Shaman.

All varying levels. SO MUCH TO DO!

And little time, midterms and certifications exams. DAMN YOU RL.

webrunner5
11-13-2014, 04:16 AM
I have 16 characters on P1999. In the beginning I shit around playing 5 or 6 of them and never got any of them above level 20. I even deleted some and changed races and did the same. Well guess what I had fun but never had any plat to buy toys in the Tunnel.

I got off my ass and leveled up my Druid to 54 and made a ton of plat porting, PLing etc. Probably have made 700 to 800k on it. Now I have 6 or 7 of my alts as Twinks. Game is a lot more fun and now I still play a lot of them, but having GOOD gear is a LOT more fun trust me. :p But YMMV.

Swish
11-13-2014, 12:10 PM
You're touring all the starting areas it seems - that's no bad thing :)

Nirgon
11-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Take your time. The game play mechanics are very fun (for some), its not all about the pixels.

Remember to enjoy yourself.

Waedawen
11-13-2014, 01:16 PM
If you're enjoying yourself, then you're doing what the game was designed to do

If you're asking the question "how do I enjoy the game more fully" then level up a character and smash some adventures. There is no real "artificial ceiling" at 60. You're not super-powerful and can solo whatever you want in any zone -- and it takes a while to get there anyways. You *need* allies to explore the bitterest reaches of the game with, and that's where the all fun is, for me at least.

Captiv8
11-13-2014, 02:29 PM
I am the same way. I have about 5 toons all under 20 and can't decide. I think I will focus on my druid so I can fund my favorite class, a monk. I know I could play him now and level decently enough but they are just a fun class to twink out.

Clark
11-13-2014, 02:32 PM
So my current lineup is as follows
DawnChild lvl 7 wood elf Druid
Protectsthebrood lvl 6 Iksar Warrior
Aggron lvl 5 Ogre Shaman
Flock lvl 4 Halfling Rogue
I'm enjoying all of the classes equally and can't really decide who to level first, or if I should just do it Pokemon style and try to keep them all even. I'm at a loss! Does anyone else have this problem?

Personally I'd take shaman to 60 so you can farm/gear alts accordingly. Too many alts makes EQ hell. Best to focus one or two at most (just one to be honest), and take em to max. Then start a new one if you're still craving more alts.

There is literally zero platinum to be made 1-43 in comparison to higher levels. All the good stuff is 44-60.

Long as you're having fun that's all that really matters. However, there are many grueling ways to come up in this P99 world; don't make it too rough on yourself with a slew of characters early on.

polishanarchy
11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
This was literally all I did when I played EverQuest when I was 8. I'd get a character to level 12 and make a new one. When one server was full I switched to another. Was kind of ridiculous...

Do what makes you happy, though. If you really want a high level character just try to figure out which of them you think you could stick with the longest. There's no rush on this server to hit cap. :)

Jimjam
11-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Farming gear is boring, way more fun to gear up toons through their own efforts imho, especially melees.

Keep having fun! I alt all the time.

evan1612
11-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Fellow altitis sufferer here. All I can say about it is who cares? Only time I would suggest taking a step back and looking at 1-2 characters to focus on would be if you are becoming bored with Everquest as a whole. When I first started here I had at least 5-7 different characters on my account all between level 3 to 20, but I think that's fairly normal. You gotta actually play the classes a bit to find out if you really like it or not right?

Either way, after about a year on this server my highest levels are only 47 and 33 but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the hell out of leveling and playin 'em!

mickey182
11-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Have 2 full accounts of characters, and considering a 3rd. I have always suffered severe altitis in every mmo Ive ever played. Heck, I have 8 character in Skyrim.

webrunner5
11-14-2014, 08:23 AM
I really do think having a bunch of different alts is a good thing in the long run. It gives you an idea of what other people in the group need and want, and what their duties are. So it can be very educational. And it breaks up the boredom of playing the same toon day after day.

Nice to have at least a group toon and a solo toon. But like I said earlier having some nice gear makes a TON of difference on here especially on a Melee character. I would not want people to make the same mistake I made on here for the first 2 years as not having a thing over 22 and not having any really great gear to move around to others. If you can make enough plat to equip a Caster and a Melee you can outfit just about every character you have by swapping it out by sort of picking the right gear.

DawnChild
11-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies, and I think I've figured it out. I'm going to focus on Shammy and Druid, because they are different enough as casters to give me a good feel for how the magic works. Plus, when I get my rogue going, I do kinda want to twink him out a little bit, meaning I'll need the plat, of course. Iksar Warriors can't wear plate, so I'm rethinking that as well... might not play her at all for a while. But to me, I'm most interested in playing with other people, and their characters are all so much higher than mine, it makes me want to do lots of grinding to catch up.

Woulf
11-14-2014, 10:36 AM
I almost always have a Necro as an alt for some reason. I think it's because that class seems to solo so well in every game.

I'm not quite up to having a ton, but I always have one or three. Even in AA where you can just swap up classes I had two.