PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes Sunday, September 12th

Rogean
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Code

<del>Rogean: Per Classic: Crouching (duck) will no longer immedietely interrupt a spell, but being crouched when the spell finishes will still interrupt the spell.</del>
Rogean: Disabled /stopcast
Haynar: Cazic Touch (death touch) will now kill a pet's owner if it was intended to kill a pet and can no longer be blocked by invulnerability spells such as Divine Aura.
Haynar: Pets will now attack a mezzed target with the /pet attack command.
Haynar: Reclaim Energy will now return an amount of mana based on the pet's remaining HPs.
Haynar: Fix for mobs continuing to move when mez or stun lands.
Haynar: Bug fix for trades with mobs.
Haynar: Going too far away will now cancel a trade sesson.
Haynar: Trades can no longer be initiated with an actively engaged NPC.
Haynar: Added support for spells with no expend reagents, such as Banshee Aura that requires a pearl in the inventory to cast, but does not consume it.

Content

Nilbog: deathly ushers will now drop Black Silk Gloves.
Nilbog: Theoris Bladespur will no longer spawn.
Nilbog: Only one Lieutenant Leafstalker will be up at a time
Nilbog: Saben Tucross loot fixed, face fixed.
Nilbog: Added ghouls to north ro
Nilbog: Djinni Blood will now drop from appropriate npcs in Plane of Sky.
Nilbog: Blyle Bundin aggro/death/slay script added.
Nilbog: Created "Blyle Bundin's Head" quest
Nilbog: Paineel guards will now require amiable or better faction for you to receive the Bone Crafted Key.
Nilbog: Created missing levels of griffennes and griffons in North Karana.
Nilbog: Slightly increased the drop rate of griffenne charm
Nilbog: Griffons/Hill giant spawngroups and pathing in North Karana should look a lot better.
Nilbog: Created Timbur the tiny. Welcome back!
Nilbog: Solvedi Scimitar quest fixed.
Nilbog: increased reckless efreeti/ph respawn time to 70 minutes.
Nilbog: Created dialogue/fishing pole sequence between Olunea, Brunar, and Gregor in East Freeport.
Nilbog: added dialogue between Shintl Lowbrew and Swin Blackeye
Nilbog: Rathmana's quest will no longer award an unusable charm spell.
Nilbog: Fixed day/night issues with Oggok.
Wenai: Magician Fire Pets have taken a large reduction in AC.
Wenai: Magician Water Pets have taken a boost in AC.
Wenai: Magician Earth Pets have taken a large boost in AC.
Secrets: Added Plane of Sky missing item for warrior questline.
Secrets: Changed the Whitened Treant Fists to 1HB.
Uthgaard: Fixed Togahn Sorast's text, and incresed Silent Fist Clan faction hits for headband quests; headbands will now require kindly or better faction to complete
Uthgaard: Soltemple quest NPCs will no longer eat incorrect items
Uthgaard: Inte Akera should accept items again, and require amiable or better faction
Uthgaard: Ssynthi will no longer associate with people whom she dislikes
Uthgaard: Fixed misleading reward text for one of Xelha Nevagon's quests, and corrected faction requirements
Uthgaard: Olunea Miltin will now fix the snapped fishing pole
Uthgaard: Priestess Caulria will only reward Spell: Endure Disease for Putrid Bear Hides
Uthgaard: All of the Going Postal quests are now fully functional
Uthgaard: Mespha (The Enchanter Guildmaster in South Qeynos) will hand out robes again
Uthgaard: King Tormax is no longer offended when you complete Evah Xokez's quests; King Ak'anon, however, has become interested
Uthgaard: Airtight Metal Box will now combine the correct quest components
Uthgaard: Corrected stock for Parn Glywyn, Ayen Rindlor, and Kaila Rucksack in Butcherblock Mountains
Uthgaard: A Krag Chick will no longer path into the ocean in Butcherblock Mountains
Uthgaard: Xelha's Sparkler now exists
Uthgaard: Removed a ton of things that never should have been on vendors
Uthgaard: Added Rat Ears to Katha Firespinner
Uthgaard: It is no longer possible to break down any tarnished, fine steel, or velium weapons into ore
Uthgaard: No more free beer in Rivervale
Uthgaard: The other cyclopi in the Ocean of Tears have stolen some jurry from the seafuries
Uthgaard: Gave the tradeskill database a complete overhaul: ~7000 recipes are gone, ~1000 are fixed, ~2000 stayed the same or were optimized for performance:
Uthgaard: All fletching combines that required a planing tool will now return it
Uthgaard: All fletching combines that required a Whittling Blade will now consume it
Uthgaard: Stalking Probes now correctly have 5 charges
Uthgaard: Aqualung increased to 50 charges
Uthgaard: It should no longer be possible to fail any 5 or 10 dose potion combines
Uthgaard: Clay Blocks of all sizes, Firing Sheets of all qualities, and Casks will no longer stack
Uthgaard: Fixed all ore/clay conversion yields
Uthgaard: Removed all post-velious tradeskill combines
Uthgaard: Reintroduced unfired pottery combines
Uthgaard: Certain tradeskill items that should not have existed but were created anyway, will now be rather deadly

Tamika
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Your ducking spell cast cancel change is going to be very unpopular (:

mgellan
09-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow, WTG guys! Thanks!!!

Regards,
Mg

Daymar
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Uthgaard: Certain tradeskill items that should not have existed but were created anyway, will now be rather deadly

what does this mean?

Nizzarr
09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Jumping used to stop the casting bar, they added ducking because it was ridiculous.

I'm not sure what was the intent in bringing this back, but I guess we're stuck with some silly uninterruptable CHs

lindz
09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what was the intent in bringing this back, but I guess we're stuck with some silly uninterruptable CHs

This. :(

Pheer
09-12-2010, 01:25 PM
probably a change to make them useless, kind of like how sony went back and changed the loot people got the first time lord seru was killed because they used an exploit

Sakkath
09-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the release

Lanvaren
09-12-2010, 01:36 PM

what does this mean?
It means that any item from crafting which exists now, that should not, will now damage you - i.e. all stat food.

Though, to be fair - a lot of the stat food that exists now was in classic, it should *exist* with NO stats - until kunark - not simply a DROP in stats... but apples to oranges. :rolleyes:

Uthgaard
09-12-2010, 01:38 PM
You're assuming more than you should. Read what I said again. I chose my words carefully.

Ezsefix
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
So....it's crossed off now. Does this mean the ducking thing isn't going to be in effect?

Auvdar
09-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Uthgaard: No more free beer in Rivervale

WHAT!? Gunna start up a AA club in Rivervale now, anyone is welcome to join!

Lazortag
09-12-2010, 02:59 PM
This is a great patch, but I don't understand what people are saying about crouching and interrupting and spells being uninterruptable. Me confused :(

Zordana
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
those patch notes are awesome,
really great job guys /AEHug

Virtuosos
09-12-2010, 06:29 PM
This is a great patch, but I don't understand what people are saying about crouching and interrupting and spells being uninterruptable. Me confused :(

when casters cast, it use to be that they could duck and it would immediately cancel the spell, allowing you immediately cast a different one after unducking

when the patch went in, it made it where ducking had no effect on spells.

when the patch AFTER the patch went in, itmade ducking cancel spells again

so hopefully they realized this is a "fix" we can do without :D

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Your -5k hp on the antonian Javelins is not working as intended. Or maybe it is. Might wanna look into it.

Uthgaard
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Not what I intended, but works out better than xp loss. Either way it gets them out of circulation for now.

ryuut1
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Uthgaard, you said the cylops took some jurry? what's jurry?

casterlord
09-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Great progress guys keep em coming eagerly awaiting the gnome sk lol =)

Nocte
09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Uthgaard: Removed a ton of things that never should have been on vendors

Will you elaborate? Which vendors, what items?

Aasimon
09-12-2010, 11:09 PM
The databases contained thousands of tradeskill combines and sub-items that should not exist in the time period of this server. The list is literally too extensive (again, thousands of items/combines) to reproduce in full.

Suffice it to say, the tradeskill/vendor batabases are closer than they have ever been to classically accurate.

toddfx
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Certain tradeskill items that should not have existed but were created anyway, will now be rather deadly

I'm also quite curious about this! :eek:

ryuut1
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
seriously does anyone know what jurry is and why the regular cyclops have it now?

Uthgaard
09-13-2010, 01:22 PM
It was standard gem drops appropriate to the level. But it will be gone again after the update. Nilbog and Secrets had research that showed they weren't supposed to drop gems, I just wasn't aware of it when I tried to sneak in one last update before patch time.

As far as the tradeskills go, you all have an element of mystery to classic again, go explore! That said, it took about 60 hours to do, and that was rushed, so I'm not going to guarantee that there are no bugs, but there shouldn't be many. But hey, that's what the bug forum is for!

Exeno
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Yay Mage fire pets are nerfed.

ryuut1
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
can i get my own boat again?

Trimm
09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm also quite curious about this! :eek:

For example, some +stat food existed on the server which wasn't classic. Post-patch, the food now gives -15 health and -15 mana regen.

Cyph
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Work nice guys, thank you very much for your hard work :)

Pyrocat
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
# Haynar: Reclaim Energy will now return an amount of mana based on the pet's remaining HPs.

Is this based on total HP, or percent of HP? Say I have a lvl 12 pet with 10hp out of 200hp max (5%). Would reclaim energy give more mana back than a lvl 49 pet with 10hp out of 2000hp max (0.5%)?

By more mana, I mean a larger percentage of the base mana cost it took to summon the pet.