PDA

View Full Version : Warrior dex proc breakpoints?

Swiggity
11-10-2014, 04:06 AM
I seem to recall having read that 105 DEX, 155 DEX, and perhaps 205 DEX (less sure about this third one) have some special relationship to proc rate, like they're some kind of proc breakpoints or something. Anyone know if this is true? Or do people just use these numbers as rough proc benchmarks?

kaev
11-10-2014, 04:38 AM
I've only ever seen the bald claim, never any evidence on live or here that proc rate was a step function rather than scaled like other mechanics, so honestly I won't believe that claim until I see some actual evidence. Might come from people having tested at specific values followed by others reading those test results and making unwarranted assumptions. It takes a sizable sample to get past the wonkiness of the pseudo-random number generators used on live and here, so testing something like proc rates is gonna be done at a handful of specific values rather than at every possible value.

Jimjam
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I read about the every 50 after 105 break points (I think I even repeated them myself in posts), but I'm pretty sure a dev said in one thread that on this server dex is sliding scale, not break point.

Requires further research!

Vicatin
11-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Only ever read sliding scale. Which is how it should be.

gobletsmashing
12-07-2014, 12:46 PM
After reading some of the threads about warriors - I tried to come up with a plan to get my dex up to 155. Having a level 35 druid, I wanted to keep it realistic as to what gear I can get for my halfling warrior (who will be my main). Any thoughts on this plan? I know the partisan isnt ideal for a weapon - but was really the only way to realistically get dex to 155 w/o sacrificing too much ac/hp and other stats.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Red:MyWarrior

hammertime7795
12-07-2014, 04:52 PM
After reading some of the threads about warriors - I tried to come up with a plan to get my dex up to 155. Having a level 35 druid, I wanted to keep it realistic as to what gear I can get for my halfling warrior (who will be my main). Any thoughts on this plan? I know the partisan isnt ideal for a weapon - but was really the only way to realistically get dex to 155 w/o sacrificing too much ac/hp and other stats.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Red:MyWarrior

Carnal pauldrons are 7 more dex and you can get em free if anyone is doing priest in sol b.

gobletsmashing
12-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Carnal pauldrons are 7 more dex and you can get em free if anyone is doing priest in sol b.

Tried switching out Crafted for Carnal Pauldron - then switching a Glowing Bone Collar for the Golden Black Pearl Choker. I think the 7 AGI, 2 STR, 2 SVM is better in the long run. Thanks for suggestion though.

khanable
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
best warrior dex gear is a shaman