PDA

View Full Version : Al-kabor eqmac emulator

Furniture
11-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey i dont know if anyone knows/cares but the devs of eqemu have been making an eqmac emulator and the server is currently in beta and in classic. I was boxing a cleric/SK combo but decided to see if anyone would be interested in starting fresh on that server and duoing rather then boxing. You need either a mac or the pc client hack to play on the server. If any interest let me know!

takproject.net

Nads
11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I wanted to get in on this, but I don't have the Mac client (would be playing on a Macbook Pro). Any ideas?

Swish
11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey i dont know if anyone knows/cares but the devs of eqemu have been making an eqmac emulator

the devs of eqemu

eqemu

Good luck to them with it. After the abomination of the Sleeper server I don't think I'm ready to go back to that "place" :p

TAK
11-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Good luck to them with it. After the abomination of the Sleeper server I don't think I'm ready to go back to that "place" :p

eqemu =/= epicemu

Eqemu is the main eqemulator website the one that this server you're posting on right now is hosted from.

Epicemu.com (Toop's project) is a completely different thing; c'mon Swish how can you even mix those up?

Secrets
11-10-2014, 09:58 AM

EQEmulator is not the Sleeper server, nor is it EpicEmu.

You're thinking of EpicEmu, which, well, I don't blame you for not going back there.

PEQMac/Al`Kabor is my pet project right now. It's a recreation of EQMac's server using the older clients.

You can see the code for it here:
https://github.com/cavedude00/Server/commits/master

Mac Drettj
11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
pvp server that goes to pop

make it happen

thx

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
pvp server that goes to pop

make it happen

thx

No one likes PvP :/.

Mandalore93
11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Think this would actually be cool if PC users could get into it like they could on EQ mac towards the end.

Secrets
11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Think this would actually be cool if PC users could get into it like they could on EQ mac towards the end.

Nothing's preventing you from doing that.

Swish
11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
EQEmulator is not the Sleeper server, nor is it EpicEmu.

You're thinking of EpicEmu, which, well, I don't blame you for not going back there.

PEQMac/Al`Kabor is my pet project right now. It's a recreation of EQMac's server using the older clients.

You can see the code for it here:
https://github.com/cavedude00/Server/commits/master

Thank god! I don't know how I got them confused:rolleyes:

apio
11-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Yeah if you all are bored/frustrated with the terrible raid scene on P99, do yourself a favour and help us develop this gem. Instructions can be found at http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php if you need any help getting started please send me a PM here, or on the forums there (iance)

apio
11-15-2014, 04:06 AM
I wanted to get in on this, but I don't have the Mac client (would be playing on a Macbook Pro). Any ideas?

you still need help getting started?

Mandalore93
11-16-2014, 03:09 PM
How much information was taken from EQ Mac before the shut down?

Pokesan
11-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Players and developers spent a lot of time between the announce of the shutdown and the shutdown itself collecting as much as they could, especially in zones that were changed later in EQ - plane of mischief had a big focus since it was the coolest zone and got a lot of attention.

Database is a bit inflated right now with droprates in certain zones. To wit, shadow wolves in WK drop tibias everytime where in WC they never drop them at all. It could use more contributors for sure. This is just an example, more nerds are required to polish the product =)

Torven or Torrid or I might have the name wrong has reverse engineered the AK spell resist code from his logs. I know for a fact he collected a huge amount of data both before and after the shutdown was announced. Numbers don't lie, Would be cool if P99 staff could integrate and absorb the result into this servers mechanics. Could be really good for red especially.

TL;DR - some hardcore nerd shit going on at takproject.net, gonna be cool when it goes live

Did I mention they're doing a progression system for expansions being released based on content being correct?

Could be awesome or backfire hilariously if wrong

GET PUMPED BROS

Pokesan
11-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Double-postin to say that if you have files necessary to get a PC client player started on this server, it would be cool if I didn't ask you to do illegal things but you did it anyway

You feelers?

Mandalore93
11-17-2014, 06:56 AM
They really need to fix their registration shit. Plus their FB group is down and I have no idea what their IRC is so I can't even begin to get going.

Pokesan
11-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Registration - Forum account or game account?

If you have a forum account you have to post once(lorem ipsum is accepted), make a sig, make avatar, then you can make a game account.

Mandalore93
11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Email activating is broken. A post also said so and to get on their IRC or FB page to get it fixed.

apio
11-18-2014, 02:48 AM
If you ever need any gear or help, hit up Danhil/Pueblo in game

apio
11-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Email activating is broken. A post also said so and to get on their IRC or FB page to get it fixed.

Postby Speedz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:55 am

Server: irc.eqemulator.net port 6667

Channel/Room #peqmac

Nads
11-18-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm getting this error when I try and use the Launcher:

Last login: Fri Jun 13 20:55:00 on ttys000
USERNAME-MacBook-Pro:~ USERNAME$ /Users/USERNAME/Desktop/EverQuestLaunch ; exit;
/Users/USERNAME/Desktop/EverQuestLaunch: line 3: ./EverQuest: Permission denied
logout

[Process completed]

Now, I see there is this fix in the connection guide, but can anybody eli5?

My advice, copy your Everwquest to a fat32 formatted USB something or other as a backup straight from where it installed on AK.
Go to a windows machine if you can but you can try this on OSX:
copy the eqhosts.txt out of the USB you just made into the top level of the USB outside of the Everquest folder.
Then edit the copy with our loginserver info. Now after this copy the USB Everquest into you computer in the path specified earlier.
Now copy the eqhosts copy you made into that Everquest you just copied over to your OSX drive.
Applications/Everquest.app/Contents/Resources.

or

Copy your exiting Everquest from your OSX to a USB as a backup, and download the attachment in the eqhost.exe thread directly to your Everquest.app/Contents/Resources WITHOUT modifying it or it will get corrupted.

Pringles
11-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I think i still have the AK client with windows haxx stuffs somewheres, ill have to see if i can get this to work. I believe I already have a game account (Registered long ago) but havent really followed up due to lack of time.... i have some time now though :)

Secrets
11-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Some desync/linkdeath netcode fixes going out tonight. Now would be the time to try it out if you were put off by it before. Trying my best to resolve the issues that were going on, and pretty much made a decent breakthrough today on the issues.
Also, unrelated, some clientsided crashes when zoning were resolved by removing the EQUI_Guide_*.xml files from the 'EverQuest Mac/Resources/uifiles/default' folder.

The content folks at PEQ have been doing an awesome job with the database and combat formulas. I couldn't have done this alone, that's for sure. The work these guys are putting in on the content side while I tackle the network side is phenomenal.

Registration is pretty much open, and works similar to how EQEmulator does. Register on the forums, on the left, you should see a dropdown for loginserver account creation. Your EQEmulator login isn't the same and chances are I won't be able to get Rogean to add support for the Mac client to the main EQEmulator login. QM is the answer to the registration question (Quarm).

Huge thanks to Shards of Dalaya for their help resolving some of the netcode issues. They let me see their networking code which helped a lot in determining the issues. Helping them with 2.5 has its perks for everyone I suppose. Awesome bunch of people over there.

Oh, and here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvE7vl2gKFY

apio
11-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Secrets, any ETA on Evolution client?

Secrets
11-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Secrets, any ETA on Evolution client?

Not yet. I think Trilogy is our next thing to tackle when Mac's a bit more stable.

Skittlez
11-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey Secrets, is it difficult to set up a PC to play this? I am easily the worlds worst Mac user. I'd like to try this server out and see if I can't get what I missed starting out way after Kunark got here.

Secrets
11-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Hey Secrets, is it difficult to set up a PC to play this? I am easily the worlds worst Mac user. I'd like to try this server out and see if I can't get what I missed starting out way after Kunark got here.

Not hard at all. Just need to find eqmule's patch for it, and copy in eqfeart.pak files from an older copy of eq.

apio
12-02-2014, 04:59 AM
by Speedz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 am

Beta will be go-live on 01/01/15 at midnight Pacific.
We will be shutting down the server at 6pm 12/31/14 to prep and final patch.

Beta notes:
NO more wipes after this date.
Also the box limit will be set to 3 as it is now in open alpha since 3 won the poll.
All zones that are online now will be included in Beta launch. (except airplane and fearplane.)
Experience rate and death penalty rate will be dropped down to AK levels after this date.
Regular patches will no longer be nightly. We will have a 2 week schedule for Wednesdays at 2am Pacific.
With emergency patches at any time in-between. Emergency patches will be frequent and taper off in the initial days.
Any and all patches of significance will be noted in the forum changelog.

After this date ALL GM related rules are in effect and strictly enforced.
Including but not limited to(also noted in rules, but here as a reminder):
- Harassing tells for assistance in obtaining any advantage. Meaning asking for anything to assist in testing.
- Openly debating or researching who GM play toons are as well as disclosing to the public if you know.
- Bugging a GM on a play toon for GM related activities. Use bug and petition or post on the forums as anyone would.
- Asking a GM to use their GM on raids in any form. (related to first note) Including if a GM is in your guild and you mention the GM should check for a spawn or anything else.

This phase is considered the Play phase. You keep what you earn and you earn it through hard work and repetition as you would on AK or Live.

The server will be considered Beta until all expansions are released and considered complete.
As well as the server code being considered in a finished state.
So Beta will be a vast bulk of the foreseeable life of the server.
As such there will be NO wipe going Beta to finished state

Swish
12-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Also the box limit will be set to 3

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F02%2Fno.gif&f=1

Laugher
12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
I've never used Trilogy client, but actually ended up with a copy of it in a cd wallet somewhere; also AK beta 2015 p sweet :)

Orruar
12-02-2014, 09:49 AM
What are their plans for expansion release cycle?

apio
12-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Since it is open source, there is really no limit to how fast things will progress, entirely dependent on the amount of people working on it. The more people test it, the faster it will be released, that much is for sure :)

apio
12-29-2014, 12:54 PM
just thought I would do a gentle bump since this is 2 days away (you still have time to get everything running before beta launches)

If you need any help setting up just PM me :D

Halius
12-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Just got this running today (Thanks Apio!) and it is awesome. Old UI is completely awesome. Can't wait for Beta phase to start so I don't have to worry about wipes.

radditsu
12-31-2014, 10:48 AM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F02%2Fno.gif&f=1

go fuck yourself swish

apio
12-31-2014, 12:57 PM
I don't think we will be missing Swish and his friends :D

radditsu
12-31-2014, 01:17 PM
I would play this but I hate, hate, hate ,hate this client.

Get underfoot working and ill suck your tranny penis secrets.

apio
12-31-2014, 02:06 PM
There are pro's and con's to both client versions.

Most people just miss the Mouse Scroll in 1st person perspective. There are some minor performance issues but everything else works pretty fine since patch 2.2 (no more graphic issues on NVidia cards, etc.)

The TAK client actually has correct lighting, human blindness, ultravision and infravision effects, so that alone makes it more classic in my opinion.

If the devs of P99 have their way you will soon be playing on the Trilogy client and that's gonna be even more limited. Just sayan

Brojob
01-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Where can I get the AK client?

I have a Windows PC and a Mac Mini but I'd prefer to play on Windows if possible. Any help is appreciated.