PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

Dimesonly
11-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Hello awesome community of people! I am currently trying out an enchanter and have been playing for a few weeks. I am level 8 and was wondering what the most optimal way is to go about leveling and becoming more powerful. I was doing the crushbone belt thing for a little while but that area is just too congested most the time. Any advice as a whole would help tremendously!

khanable
11-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi and welcome

I'm not terribly familiar with the Faydark areas, but I think at level 12-ish the Sisters in Lesser Faydark can be solo'd. They drop bronze weapons, which you can sell off to the merchant in the same zone. Great XP/money.

Good luck!

Bboboo
11-08-2014, 09:02 PM
If this is your first character I would suggest holding onto the belts and selling them. Yes you will level slower but you will have some pocket change for spells and starting +CHA gear.

You can go to 15-20ish in CB and you'll be needed for a castle group because the respawn rate is such you need an enchanter with mez.

As Cucumbers said Sisters camp in Lfay is good money, I think you can start at around 12 as well and leave there at 16-18ish, just be careful if you leave the camp to sell the bronze weapons about 4-5 people will jump out behind trees to claim the camp.

Also there's this thread in the caster forum. (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146423)

webrunner5
11-08-2014, 09:13 PM
At level 12 you can go to Unrest. Probably one of the better zones to level in XP wise. But the loot pretty much sucks. So you need to make some plat before you get there for spells. So CB maybe a option for you to sell belts for some plat like has been stated. :D

Estu
11-09-2014, 01:04 AM
There are two ways to go about leveling an enchanter: grouping or soloing. Enchanters are great at both. You should decide what you want to do. Soloing will definitely get you to 60 faster, no question. Grouping will be a more social experience in line with what EverQuest is really about. Both are challenging and will teach you about your class.

If you are grouping, most people do six-man groups in dungeons. Dungeons are nice because they have better ZEMs (zone experience modifiers) than outdoor zones, meaning each kill gives more EXP; they also tend to have better loot. The popular dungeon progression is something like this: Crushbone (5-13) - Unrest (14-20) - Mistmoore (20-35) - City of Mist (35-high 40s) - Karnor's Castle. There are lots of other dungeons to explore at all levels, but you will not find as many people in them, and so you might have to take more initiative in order to get a group going. Also, as an enchanter, it's important that the mobs you are fighting in your group are not too high for you to reliably crowd control; generally speaking, you want to aim for camps with blue con mobs and not even/yellow/red cons.

Duoing/trioing is another way to group. This is somewhat more advanced because it relies more on your own skill and you need to be more thoughtful about what class makes sense in your duo/trio, what methods of EXP make sense given your class combinations, and so on. Hence, it's not quite as popular. But it does tend to be better EXP than six-man groups. As an enchanter, clerics make good duo partners once they get Complete Healing (level 39); before that, any pet class or priest is a good bet.

Soloing as an enchanter involves charming (starting at level 12) a monster, having it attack another monster, waiting until both are low HP, breaking charm, then killing both. There's a lot more to it than that and there is a lot you can do with this method. It is the single fastest solo EXP method in the game outside of bard kiting, and you get better at it the higher level you are (because you get more utility spells to help you and the relative mana costs of your spells decrease). At level 60, a solo enchanter is a fearsome character capable of taking on very difficult cash camps alone (and making heaps of money in the process).

At level 8 I would suggest you group in Crushbone and sell the belts (instead of doing the quest) for spell money; at level 13 or 14 head over to Unrest. If Crushbone is too crowded, Blackburrow is another solid option (though somewhat out-of-the-way). I think for a first character it makes more sense to group a lot than to solo a lot, but it's up to you and your play style.